Keep Samsung S7 or swap for honor v10?

silk186

[H]ard|Gawd
I picked up a Samsung S7 at launch. I replaced the screen and battery a few months back. Mother-in-law had a cheap phone died at the start of a trip. When she got back she orderd a Honor v10 and was so pissed, she bought an Huawei p20 pro before the v10 arrived. I can swap my S7 with her v10 (128gb) but I can't find a decent comparison. It seems that the v10 lacks gorilla glass, water resistance and a few sensors. I also can't tell which will take better photos.

I'm on an S7.

While I might upgrade to an S9 or something, I'd hesitate to move off to Huawei. I've seen reviews that the AI camera can result in over-processed/saturated images that don't really reflect what's being filmed.

Also, the lack of any sort of certs for engineering (breakability) is a show-stopper for me. And I'm the type of guy who still puts screen protectors on my GG phone in an Otterbox Defender case...

The photos from her P20 Pro are honesty impressive, especially as the are normally pretty awful. That said, the V10 is not the huawai flagship with leica lenses.

From what I can tell... Dual lens, 128gb + MicroSD, 6GB RAM and faster CPU. USB type-C.

S7 32GB + MicroSD, 3GB better screen, gorilla glass, water resistant, wireless charging and maybe more sensors.

I was really bothered I couldn't get the S7 64GB in the UK so 128gb would be a nice upgrade. I don't know how the camera and screen compare.

I'm on an S7.

While I might upgrade to an S9 or something, I'd hesitate to move off to Huawei. I've seen reviews that the AI camera can result in over-processed/saturated images that don't really reflect what's being filmed.

Also, the lack of any sort of certs for engineering (breakability) is a show-stopper for me. And I'm the type of guy who still puts screen protectors on my GG phone in an Otterbox Defender case...
I'm thinking to stick with the S7, as much as the 32GB internal storage bothers me.

My wife's s7 I was dog slow till the 8.0 upgrade. Then I had her to do a complete factory wipe and thwings we're 100% better. I would stick with the s7 for a bit longer if u can

I normally sell my old phone when I upgrade to something newer... I had the S7 Edge and just recently got a great deal on a new Pixel 2XL... I refuse to get rid of my S7 Edge because it's such a great phone to keep around as a backup/gym phone...

Just stick a 256GB SD card in the thing.
I have a 64GB SD card for media, but I can fill 32GB pretty quick with apps and a few games.
I decided to stick with the S7 for the better screen and camera. I will keep it a while longer and maybe upgrade when the next S10 comes out.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Back