Kansas City Microcenter has 1 9900K in Stock as of 1 hour ago.

SixFootDuo

Supreme [H]ardness
Friend and I were down there along with a few other guys. They got 5 in and 4 were bought at opening.

There is a slight chance the last one is still for sale.

Yes I would call and try and reserve it there is a slight chance its still there

Is this the one in overland park? I went there a decade ago. Bought a $1500 camera new in box. Came home, opened it up. It had a used previous model camera in it. Took nearly two hours fighting with the manager to get it refunded. I am not even sure what eventually made him change his mind, since he didn't seem to want to budge; he disappeared for 30 minutes in a back room, then came out and begrudgingly refunded the purchase.

Which is really a lot of negative marks. My assumption is that someone returned the item, it wasn't checked, they put it back on the shelves without marking the product as open box, re-sold it, didn't have any records to trace back to see what happened, and the manager had no idea how to handle the process.

Been sour of Microcenter's ever since. Could be a great place now... assuming they have some sort of training/return policies in place now to prevent this style of scam.

Is this the one in overland park? I went there a decade ago. Bought a $1500 camera new in box. Came home, opened it up. It had a used previous model camera in it. Took nearly two hours fighting with the manager to get it refunded. I am not even sure what eventually made him change his mind, since he didn't seem to want to budge; he disappeared for 30 minutes in a back room, then came out and begrudgingly refunded the purchase.

Which is really a lot of negative marks. My assumption is that someone returned the item, it wasn't checked, they put it back on the shelves without marking the product as open box, re-sold it, didn't have any records to trace back to see what happened, and the manager had no idea how to handle the process.

Been sour of Microcenter's ever since. Could be a great place now... assuming they have some sort of training/return policies in place now to prevent this style of scam.

You know there's nothing stopping you from opening up your expensive purchase right there in the store, right? Even though the rest of the store can be quite busy with people browsing, the checkouts are usually pretty empty.

Next time use them brain cells, then you'll have less reason to complain. Return item scams are pretty common at all retailers.

You know there's nothing stopping you from opening up your expensive purchase right there in the store, right? Even though the rest of the store can be quite busy with people browsing, the checkouts are usually pretty empty.

Next time use them brain cells, then you'll have less reason to complain. Return item scams are pretty common at all retailers.

Interesting perspective. Obviously everyone shopping for goods sits in the store and opens up their goods, tastes their milk, plugs in their tv before leaving. MY FAULT.

Back