Kalypso Steam Sale - Tropico 5 and others

Really debating buying it...screenshots make it look basically like Tropico 4.

Just did a google search on tropico 4... some of the reviews are rather... unencouraging. Lots of complaints about the game only being half finished. Not sure I want to pay for a half finished game to be fixed with paid DLCs.

sincerely for tropico 5 wait for a complete edition with all contents.. its boring, lot of things are really unexplained and in some cases its a frustrating game.. i prefer tropico 4 all the way...

I've had all the Tropico games.... T5 is fun, but they made a lot of odd changes. It was really buggy (completely broken at times) when it came out, but Kalypso has been good about knocking out updates quickly. Honestly, I'm enjoying it. If your a fan of the series, I see no reason not to get it. It's gotten a nice visual overhaul, and some different trading and building management mechanics that at least change up the strategy a little bit.

That said, Tropico 4 is great also, and a much better buy at $3 than Tropico 5 at $27. If your new to the series and on the fence about if its for you, it's a no brainier, spend the $3 and get T4.

While I like the Tropico franchise, regardless of how good of a deal it is... I'd wait on T5. Wait for a steamsale where they bundle all the DLC that make into one package. The last two were just DLC whores too... quick drying cement only $4.99!

Tropico 5 was the first Tropico game I ever played. I have to say, tropico 5 was a really disappointing game :/

As someone who is currently still playing Civ 5, is Tropico 4: Collector's Bundle worth the $6? I was always really into Sim City, but I felt the demo for Tropico 4 quite lacking and hard to get a fair decision based off it.

As someone who is currently still playing Civ 5, is Tropico 4: Collector's Bundle worth the $6? I was always really into Sim City, but I felt the demo for Tropico 4 quite lacking and hard to get a fair decision based off it.

Tropico 4 is no SimCity (in the SC4/SC3/SC2K sense)...but for $6USD I got more than my entertainment out of it. It is much more quirky, instead of being cast as a reputable mayor of ______ you are a banana republic dictator.

I think I paid $10 for Tropico4 with all the DLC and felt it was more than worth it.

I purchased Tropico 5 and I regret it. I haven't been able to make it through the tutorial without the game crashing. I've also experienced glitches where I complete an objective (e.g. "build XX") but the game does not recognize the completion.

It's certainly possible the issue is with my computer, but I haven't had a problem with any other game :(

I can never get beyond their fucking Captcha implementation. Screw it.

Back