Kaby Lake finalized, shipping to OEMs

CNL and SKL is supported on the same socket for servers. No reason to think its not the same for client until proven otherwise.

Purley-Spread-Core-Wolf-Pass.jpg

The Kaby Lake lineup from Intel. Not that it should really be news anymore :)

kaby-lake-cpu.png

X299 chipset for Skylake-E also confirmed.

The Kaby Lake lineup from Intel. Not that it should really be news anymore :)

kaby-lake-cpu.png

X299 chipset for Skylake-E also confirmed.

Isn't it likely that Skylake-X may end up really being the same as Kaby-X? Would Intel really make Skylake-X on the old non optimized 14nm process?

Isn't it likely that Skylake-X may end up really being the same as Kaby-X? Would Intel really make Skylake-X on the old non optimized 14nm process?
Skylake X is almost certain to use the Kaby Lake's 14nm.

Kaby-X is simply rumored to be a Kaby quad core on HEDT platform, while Skylake-X is the same old LCC die Xeon rejects.

I wish motherboard manufacturers would give more comprehensive updates in their description for a given BIOS version. They'll have ME firmware and other optimizations in them which aren't disclosed to the general public. I can sometimes wring the info out of them but it's worse than pulling teeth.

This is another annoying trend I'm seeing in the tech industry in general. Especially for something that's reserved... almost exclusively for enthusiasts like a damn BIOS update, tell us what the hell you did!

My personal favorite is and seems will forever be

6af3105e8f.png

jfc

I will continue to push for more transparency with the enthusiast community in regard to BIOS updates from the motherboard manufacturers. I have no idea if I'll ever get them on board with that, but I'll keep on them about it.

Skylake X is almost certain to use the Kaby Lake's 14nm.

Kaby-X is simply rumored to be a Kaby quad core on HEDT platform, while Skylake-X is the same old LCC die Xeon rejects.
So why even call it Skylake then if it is really Kaby LaKe?

So really the bottom line is that Intel can come out with another worthless upgrade chip that does virtually nothing with of course a higher price. I would be interested in Skylake E but if they are priced like Broadwell a big middle finger would be very appropriate.

Back