K8N Neo2 Plat -->Anyone using all 4 DIMM slots?

Mase

2[H]4U
yeah, I asked about the Abit as well, should have condensed to one thread but I'm slow today... :eek:

Curious if anyone is running this 939 setup with all 4 DIMM slots filled. I currently own 2x256 OCZ Enhanced Latency stix and I was curious if i needed to sell these and score 2x512 stix, or save some scratch and get 2 more stix of 256???

I plan on OC'ing as much as possible and I have not read of any issues with populating all 4 slots. Can someone confirm it is trouble free?
Much thanks
peace

Haha...I looked at this thread, skipped the first lines down to the 2x512 and thought to myself that someone else is having the exact same problems :). Then I read it again :cool: .

so you want 4x256?
that still wont be as fast as selling all 4 and buying 2 stick of 1gig

It depends on the modules themselves. If the total number of ram modules (the chips themselves) exceeds 16, i think, it's only going to work in single channel...although I'not shure of the specifics. Dont have my manual with me. RTM! :)

Thanks for the info guys.
Selling these stix of 256 seems like a smart idea.

"MSI reminds you...

The maximum memory speed decreases when either of the following two memory combinations are selected:

- Each channel is installed with two double-sided memory modules

- Both DIMM1 and DIMM3 slots are populated with double-sided memory modules.

Due to the Southbridge resource deployment, the system density will only be detected up to 3+GB (not the full 4GB) when each DIMM slot is populated with a 1GB memory module"

Back