• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

JVC harx headphones

Bman123

Supreme [H]ardness
Joined
Dec 19, 2007
Messages
5,086
I am in need of some over the ear headphones. I can get the jvc harx 500 series for $20 shipped new off of amazon. I know they are cheap but I dont really need anything super nice. I just need something that I can wear and play call of duty online on my pc and not wake any one in the house up.

Have any of you used these and what do you think of them?

Is there anything thats better in the same price range? I been trying to play cod online with a set of earbuds and its so uncomfortable and the cord is too short.
 
best buy has the harx 900 for $56.24 with free shipping. i have a $50 BB gift card so I would only pay $7 for the 900 model. They dont carry the 700 the 500 model is out of stock right now at BB
 
I can't comment on the 500s, but I have two pair of the harx 700s and love them dearly, and they are similar to the 900s. Good sound from low to high, and the clarity and punch is there for gaming. I can wear them for hours without fatigue as well. There are much better cans in the $100 range, but for the price, there isn't much better. The 500s look substantially cheaper than the 700s and 900s. I'd think hard about the 900s, or see if you can find the 700s for ~$35.
 
Samson SR850 is another good budget option, although they're open cans so maybe not the best choice if you're gaming right near someone that's sleeping. They have a better sound stage than the RX700 if you're after that extra edge for multiplayer. I like HA-RX700 a lot tho, but I've noticed the price has creeped up from the $35 they used to sell for, at least at certain stores.
 
Do not get jvc cans if you have a large head. I wear 8 1/2 hat size an they are like vise grips on my skull.
 
I had to order a set today and didnt hear anything back from anyone so I had to search around for another cheap set of headphones and ended up ordering some thing totally different. Here is a link to a review
http://www.head-fi.org/t/569239/monoprice-hi-fi-dj-style-headphone-review

I had to order my girl some earbuds and I needed a vga cable too since i have a shitty old one so I figured why not for $20. I dont need anything special and I can combine all my shipping together so I will give them a shot.
 
I purchased some HA-RX900 after reading threads like this. Unfortunately I have been really disappointed in them all around.

I ordered them at the same time as my AD-700. I purchased them both for different uses, in the end I ended up using the AD-700 for everything since the quality was so superior.

If it's not too late I would like to throw another vote towards the Samson SR850. I have not personally used them, but I know people who have and they love them. I also hear that they sound similar if not better than the AD-700.

http://www.amazon.com/Samson-Semi-Open-Studio-Reference-Headphones/dp/B002LBSEQS

If I had to do it all over agian I'd still get the AD-700. If you can find the extra $50 laying around I would suggest you try them out. EPIC!... for the price.
 
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
the mono price headphones are decent. should be fine.

the samson sr850 are pretty damn good though. I was listening to some sublime yesterday and was just floored by the bass.
 
I am pretty simple when it comes to stuff so I am sure these will be fine. I never got into the audio stuff because I knew it was a expensive hobby and I would blow a bunch of money. I bought monoprice ear buds and was very impressed for the cost, that's the honest reason why I went with the headphones from them yesterday.

I don't need anything awesome really. The main purpose of these headphones is only to wear them when I play COD online on my pc at night. I have to be able to hear the game and honestly I can't enjoy the game right now. I will be a happy camper once I get these in the mail, put em on, start my game and turn up the volume for once. Everyone in the house is a light sleeper but me so it's hard to hear anything when everyone is sleeping and it's very hard to play COD when you can't even hear someone running by you or a reload around the corner.
 
Monoprice earbuds are the best deal going atm. I have two pairs and they are tops for the money. Monoprice is doing great these days.
 
yeah the earbuds are awesome, i just bought my girl a set of them and ordered my headphones from there yesterday. Hoping i get my phones by thursday, i cant wait to crank up the volume and play some mw3...
 
I think the harx cans are hit or miss. I got some when they first came out and were garbage. I might check out the monoprice buds next time i need cables. Also, I own 2 pairs of soundmagic pl30 and absolutely love them.
 
i will let you guys know what i think of the phones when i get them in, hopefully they will be here by thursday
 
i got my monoprice headphones in the mail just now, very fast shipping i love monoprice. I will let ya guys know what i think of them after i have some time to play with them
 
Back
Top