Just WoW'd

I personally do not have the game, but i am going to get it soon. And from monitoring the site and talking to my cousin(who has had it for over a month) I have heard of VERY little problems. Whenever i check the site, i Have only seen the servers down once, and that was for maitenence. Now, about the lag, join a low population server and you should be fine.

Trepidati0n said:
Don't worry...this is the [H] you are talking about. It follow these steps...

1. Post a positive thread on a game
2. Receive '1' or '2' agreement posts
3. Receive posts on why the game 3ux0r3.
4. Get in a "bitch fight" taking the thread completely off topic
5. Wonder why you even posted in the first place....

It does matter the game...somebody ALWAYS does it.

Say you like EQ and people will say it suxor and you should play wow
Say you like wow and people will bitch how wow support/uptime sucks
Say you like HL2 and somebody will bitch about steam
Say you like FFXI and people will say gill sellers ruined the game
Say you like Doom 3 and people will say it is too dark, why can't you mount a flashliight, why is the content all the same.

Doesn't matter the game...somebody will always bitch and side track it.

Opposite applies as well

1. Bitch about a game
2. People will stell you to stop bitching
3. Then you try and defend your oppinion
4. Get called a fan boy

-tReP

Hit the nail on the head. Sad but ture, and even I'm guilty of it.

Well the auth server is down as we speak. The last few days the npcs have been dissapearing, the mail has been lagged and the server crashes. Happened a couple times yesterday during the middle of the day and just happened now. Honestly i think blizzard's patches and maintenance breaks more than it fixes. I'm beginning to get really sick of this bs and am tempted to just sell my account.

No, no, there are no server issues. And if you think there are, you must be a moron.

(from WoW site)
3/3/05
Currently the following realms are experiencing technical difficulties. We are investigating the cause of these issues and hope to have a resolution promptly. During this time there may be log-in issues as players attempt to get back into the game if they are removed from it. We will give you an update as soon as we have new information. Thank you for your patience.

Alleria
Argent Dawn
Arthas
Azglaor
Blackhand
Bleeding Hollow
Bloodhoof
Durotan
Elune
Garona
Hellscream
Illidan
Lothar
Magtheridon
Mannoroth
Medivh
Sargeras
Shattered Hand
Skullcrusher
Stormrage
Stormreaver
Warsong
Whisperwind
Zul'jin

3/2/05
The realms listed below have been brought down for emergency maintenance. We will post a follow-up once we have more information.

Alleria
Argent Dawn
Arthas
Azgalor
Blackhand
Bleeding Hollow
Bloodhoof
Durotan
Elune
Garona
Hellscream
Illidan
Lothar
Magtheridon
Mannoroth
Medivh
Sargeras
Shattered Hand
Skullcrusher
Stormrage
Stormreaver
Warsong
Whisperwind
Zul'jin

Oh, and it happened 3/1 and 2/28 too. Plus many other servers have had the same issues that aren't listed here. Game has been laggy, auction house and mail system has been screwy, people are getting dropped off of boats/zeppelins... so do NOT tell me that the problems have been over-exaggerated. The problems is, it has been getting worse since launch, not better.

On the other hand, the game is great, when you can actually play.

(edited to add)
Forgot to say there have also been many times where people have been unable to log in, are stuck at authenticating, and servers are crashing way too often.

Let us clarify something really quick....what time are you logging onto your server? Like I said, there have been a few issues with Hellscream but nothing that has caused me to not be able to play the game normally.

Now, I login during the week from 5pm cst to 12am cst. Peak hours for the midwest. Even more hours on the weekends. Not enough problems to prevent gameplay. Noticable lag with the mail system and the AH is a bit laggy. NPC's are visible and working properly. Minimal Instance Dungeon mob creep.

When is everyone else logging on their servers? Because I know not everyone here works the day shift and some are students that play as well.

depends really, Mon-Wed 10pm-1am EST on Thursday 8am-1pm EST. I don't have problems usally, I do get problems but its only 10% of the time.

I've had practically no downtime problems except scheduled updates after the first week. Of course that's when I moved off of one of the obviously troubled/overcroweded servers (Mannoroth). Having seen a few mmog releases, and Blizzards response to the problems early on it seemed insane to stay on one of those servers. Hopefully Blizzard is able to better address those issues for the people still playing there though as that would be quite frustrating if I had stayed.

I play on Skullcrusher and while there have been a few issues here and there it's not a major deal. It's a high population server and I usually ping between 60-150 depending.

I have had a great experience with the game and am very happy i bought it. Could quite possibly be the best game I've ever played.

Don't let the whiners stop you from buying this great game.

joethemole said:
random babble? you mean pubs. people should realize that cs only sucks when in pubs, get a clan.

also i doubt there are no jackasses in wow

Sorry bout that, i meant to clarify pubs. I used to clan a lot, and it was a ball. I just meant that when you get in DOD CS pubs you get some nonsense, but in clan play, its diffe3rent.

When i get in WoW, I am not aware of any public in-game VOIP for general users, only if one has been set up (ventrilo). Gaming with my brother is fun b/c we are 300 miles apart, and we just chat, and i can ignore typed responses no prob.

I just posted this to share my experiences, and to encourage other to come play that might otherwise not consider it.

TheCreator said:
I play on Skullcrusher and while there have been a few issues here and there it's not a major deal. It's a high population server and I usually ping between 60-150 depending.

I have had a great experience with the game and am very happy i bought it. Could quite possibly be the best game I've ever played.

Don't let the whiners stop you from buying this great game.
Yep, if you just enjoy the game its awesome. There will always be people complaining. Once they fix all the stuff there complaining about.....lag, mail, AH, high end content, there will be something else they're going to complain about lol :rolleyes: . It has always existed and always will.

But i DO find the hilarious about the lvl 60s that have been crying since week 2
week 1 : omg im sup3r l337, i must get 60, grind, quest,grind,quest,quest,quest,grind.
week2 : i will b3 teh 1st lebel60 /rawr grind, quest, grind,grindquestquestquest OMG ya lebel 60!!!!!!
week3 : OH NOEZ now what blizz /rant on.

is it normal to have to wait 1 hr for somethign someone mailed to you to arrive?

Also, i'm in the newb cities around undercity, and it seems everyone is already in groups. i must have harassed like 30 people to come on a mini quest or just kill stuff for exp, but every one said they were already in a group.

bonkrowave said:
Sorry just a correction .... 600,000 users. WoW Europe has a different server set.

"Welcome to computers"

hahah I dont know why ... but it made me laugh

Do they really? I play with a few guys who live in germany.

Evil Scooter said:
BS, WOW has been down more than it has been up the last week. The support is horrible. The game is good but I cannot help but feel I am not getting my monies worth. The servers have crashed every weekend for extended periods for the last 3 weeks straight at least. That does not include the daily downtime, dicsonnects and unable to connect periods. I would not recommend anybody buy this game for at least another 3 months, then see if they get the bugs worked out. Not a buzzkill, but a reality check. My2c...
Dude, what server are you playing on?

I'm on Trichondrius and this is how it's been since launch:
Launch, crappy, but after a few weeks it was OK. By middle December all was well. After Christmas it got worse and worse until middle January. After that, it's been pretty damn good. Sometimes there are problems, but for the whole of February it's been golden.

finallly got to play again last night, darn school and work. Well got up to lvl 14 and almost to 15. Working that barrens right now. I finally did get a bit of lag sat night, but for the most part, it was off and on for about an hour. i imagined weekends would be far worse than weekdays.

Back