Just WoW'd

paymepunk

Limp Gawd
Have to say, very kool game. My brother in Houston talked me into getting it, and he was absolutely right. Tons of fun. Unfortunately, it took like an hour to install with all the updates. But once it was installed I was so happy i stopped by Best buy after class too get it. I was tired b/c i am training for a triathlon, got up at 5 am for a run and work-out, went to work until 5, then Exam in my MBA class. That brought me to 8 pm. Well my bro called and we talked on my ride home, and lets just say its a curse and blassing living 1 block from Best Buy and Circuit City. Grabbed WOW, stopped at the grocery store, then went home. Needless to say started installin it at 10:08, finished 10:57. Had to load ventrilo.

And off to the races. After my long day i stayed up until 3 am playing. Level 11, and soo tired, but still WoW'd by it. Its so much more fun when you have voice contact with people you know on a quest versus the random babble in CS and DoD. Cant wait to get home tonight. Nap the WoW time. I'll see if i can post some battle videos for those that are interested to see what its like, but not ready to commit the $50 for software and $15 month for the game. Didnt think i would do the monthly thing either, but now i think I am convinced.

paymepunk said:
Didnt think i would do the monthly thing either, but now i think I am convinced.

Wait untill you find out that every night they have "emergency maintanince" and you might start to think differently...

DemonDiablo said:
Wait untill you find out that every night they have "emergency maintanince" and you might start to think differently...

Every night? Please....stop running in here and killing the guys high with your "Ohh the sky is falling" complaints. Welcome to computers, where not everything works perfectly right all the time. Try hosting a bunch of servers that manage an MMO with 1.25 million subscribers, and you'll have a few problems to.

To the original poster: Don't listen to the whines, people like to complain about anything they can over WoW. Its a great game, and there admittedly have been a couple server hickups lately, but nothing they won't get fixed shortly. You may not even notice it if you're not on the most crowded of servers.

Sorry just a correction .... 600,000 users. WoW Europe has a different server set.

"Welcome to computers"

hahah I dont know why ... but it made me laugh

DemonDiablo said:

Geez nice moral killer. Thats not ture its only like every other day... j/k. Its really only once a week, depending on which server your on. Great game, and its adictive so watch out. :D

Does WoW have scheduled daily downtimes? Something I've been wondering. I know the EQ2 servers all come down every day for some time between 15 minutes to an hour for patching or something.

Just wondered if this was standard in WoW as well?

Saloma Teale said:
Does WoW have scheduled daily downtimes? Something I've been wondering. I know the EQ2 servers all come down every day for some time between 15 minutes to an hour for patching or something.

They have once a week scheduled downtimes for all realms.

Saloma Teale said:

I believe there is sometime at like 4 or 5 am......

Cool ^_^ Wish the downtimes in EQ2 were like that. The servers for us go down at either 4am PST or 7am PST.

Originally it was said that EQ2 would have no downtimes unless there was to be a patch put in... I know I read this somewhere a long while back, but it seems that SOE has renegged on this venture. Would have been nice to go a few days without a server reboot.

bonkrowave said:
Sorry just a correction .... 600,000 users. WoW Europe has a different server set.

"Welcome to computers"

hahah I dont know why ... but it made me laugh

Hehe aye, 600,000 in the states, possibly a bit more by now, but all across the board its something closer to 1.2 million.

paymepunk said:
Didnt think i would do the monthly thing either, but now i think I am convinced.

I hear ya, brother. I'm in a bit of a midterm crunch myself and have been begrudgingly removed from my beloved WoW for the past 6 days... :( I went in the game to check my mail and sure enough, when I start up again, my exp. bar will give me 200% for kills for a long while to come!

The real test comes when I start Gran Turismo 4... I wonder which game will keep me glued longer :D

Tofu Drift said:
I hear ya, brother. I'm in a bit of a midterm crunch myself and have been begrudgingly removed from my beloved WoW for the past 6 days... :( I went in the game to check my mail and sure enough, when I start up again, my exp. bar will give me 200% for kills for a long while to come!

The real test comes when I start Gran Turismo 4... I wonder which game will keep me glued longer :D
My money says you don't start GT4.

This is the first MMORPG I have really enjoyed. I tryed FFXI, EQ, AC2, SWG but none stuck with me for longer than a few weeks. I am currently lvl 51 now in WoW and its just getting better it seems :D

pistola said:
Geez nice moral killer. Thats not ture its only like every other day... j/k. Its really only once a week, depending on which server your on. Great game, and its adictive so watch out. :D

BS, WOW has been down more than it has been up the last week. The support is horrible. The game is good but I cannot help but feel I am not getting my monies worth. The servers have crashed every weekend for extended periods for the last 3 weeks straight at least. That does not include the daily downtime, dicsonnects and unable to connect periods. I would not recommend anybody buy this game for at least another 3 months, then see if they get the bugs worked out. Not a buzzkill, but a reality check. My2c...

Evil Scooter said:
BS, WOW has been down more than it has been up the last week. The support is horrible. The game is good but I cannot help but feel I am not getting my monies worth. The servers have crashed every weekend for extended periods for the last 3 weeks straight at least. That does not include the daily downtime, dicsonnects and unable to connect periods. I would not recommend anybody buy this game for at least another 3 months, then see if they get the bugs worked out. Not a buzzkill, but a reality check. My2c...

I run the risk of speaking too soon *knock on wood*, but it's never happened to me yet. Of course, I only play on a medium populated server.

Evil Scooter said:

Yet Mr. Exaggerated Reality over here fails to point out that these problems exist on a very few specific servers, and the problems are not nearly as common as he makes it seem.

interesting...only down times ive had is when blizz is updating the game. ive only had a few instances where the lag was bad enough to cuz the game to basically pause. ive been playing on uther for the past month and i havent had any problems. i have a lvl 24 priest :D and its a lot of fun to play. this is also my first MMORPG. before WoW, i was always against the whole pay-to-play idea but once i started playing i cant stop. i even got most of my CS:S clan to play too. yes, there are downtimes but that doesnt take away from the experience. if you are having problems with lag then just simply change to another server.

Changing to a different server, is not a very viable solution. It also effectively takes the responsibility from Blizzard, and puts it on the shoulders of paying customers to find work-arounds.

Evil Scooter said:

Your 2 cents aint worth shit jack....

Infact with the last update where they enhanced raid situations to be less laggy, its actually ran alot smoother for alot of people -- not particularly mine because i got more than enough power in my box to begin with -- and MAYBE once during the most peak time did the server-side comm. lagg a bit but I was in heart of EPL's when it was a little laggy and i delt with it just fine...

Just enjoy it...

DannyGT said:

Infact with the last update where they enhanced raid situations to be less laggy, its actually ran alot smoother for alot of people -- not particularly mine because i got more than enough power in my box to begin with -- and MAYBE once during the most peak time did the server-side comm. lagg a bit but I was in heart of EPL's when it was a little laggy and i delt with it just fine...

Just enjoy it...
Andorhal is crazy laggy no matter what kind of system you have.

DannyGT said:
Opinions are like assholes, we all got one...so don't hate him too much for it.

Again, the servers yes are having issues. I have experienced issues since the last patch but not enough to make the game unplayable. I generally have a fantastic time playing and I play about 6-7 hours a night. So needless to say I play quite a bit throughout the week. Enough to know that the issues are there but not everyone has as many issues as others. I have yet to have one time where I was in an Instance Dungeon have the server crash or disconnect. So take all the comments with a grain of salt..

DannyGT said:
Just enjoy it...
Couldn't agree more.

Bane said:

Indeed -- which makes my point more relevant -- my systems handles it fine....and on top of that with he littles blips at peak I wasnt really affected...and again, they are doing everything to fix whatever problems they have....but whatever, my PvE server is great and probably has the most active pvp'n of all the normal servers....

Bane said:
Andorhal is the devil. Although I've been living in Stratholme, Scholomance, and Upper Blackrock Spire and those places aren't exactly heavenly.

Can't say this enough, more RAM! More RAM will cure alot of problems. The bump from 512 to 1024 is huge.

QHalo said:
Can't say this enough, more RAM! More RAM will cure alot of problems. The bump from 512 to 1024 is huge.

SO TRUE!!!!!!!! I went from some generic 512 that was a spare from a previous box, too 2gb of hyperX pc 4000 and let me tell u....a world of difference...

DemonDiablo said:

cough* ***Steam***** cough ***the first 6 months*** cough.

I'm not discouraged, I played on FROSTWOLF last night. No Laggies or anything. My bro has a group of buddies he has been playing games like quake, everquest, and a few other since 1997. tight group of mostly profesionals out in Cali. Nice group. If you see Paymepunk on that server say "HI", and extend the [H] community online. I'll most likely be on from 8 -? depending on how i feel after the gym with no sleep last night.

Evil Scooter said:
BS, WOW has been down more than it has been up the last week. The support is horrible.

I guess everyone has different experiences. I have played the game enough to get to lvl 40 in about 5-6 weeks and not once have I experienced what you are describing. I have never tried to play to find that my server was down.

If it is truely down more than it is up then I must be the luckiest guy playing the game.

B

Have IQs dropped sharply? .... or do people still not realize that because they have no problems on their specific server, does not mean that other servers are not effected.

QHalo said:
Andorhal is the devil. Although I've been living in Stratholme, Scholomance, and Upper Blackrock Spire and those places aren't exactly heavenly.

I would second this. I keep hearing people moan and groan about the lag in some of the larger cities. But the thing is, I am in the same place and the game is buttery smooth. If I ask how much RAM they have generally I'm told "512MB but that is plenty".

Uhhh, ok whatever. Basically I believe a lot of people are complaining about server-side lag when the issue is inadequate client RAM.

B

bonkrowave said:
Have IQs dropped sharply? .... or do people still not realize that because they have no problems on their specific server, does not mean that other servers are not effected.
I definately realize it. I was just stating that I feel lucky to have found a server that seems to be so problem free.

Bane said:
I definately realize it. I was just stating that I feel lucky to have found a server that seems to be so problem free.

It was not directed at you Bane. Your post appeared before I had the chance to hit post.

bonkrowave said:

Funny thing is that the person originally complaining about how "All the servers have nightly emergency maintance and are down more often than they are up" didn't know this.

Just because people DO have problems on their specific server, does not mean that other servers are affected.

bonkrowave said:
It was not directed at you Bane. Your post appeared before I had the chance to hit post.
I pretty much had a feeling it wasn't, I just wanted to clear it up.

Don't worry...this is the [H] you are talking about. It follow these steps...

1. Post a positive thread on a game
2. Receive '1' or '2' agreement posts
3. Receive posts on why the game 3ux0r3.
4. Get in a "bitch fight" taking the thread completely off topic
5. Wonder why you even posted in the first place....

It does matter the game...somebody ALWAYS does it.

Say you like EQ and people will say it suxor and you should play wow
Say you like wow and people will bitch how wow support/uptime sucks
Say you like HL2 and somebody will bitch about steam
Say you like FFXI and people will say gill sellers ruined the game
Say you like Doom 3 and people will say it is too dark, why can't you mount a flashliight, why is the content all the same.

Doesn't matter the game...somebody will always bitch and side track it.

Opposite applies as well

1. Bitch about a game
2. People will stell you to stop bitching
3. Then you try and defend your oppinion
4. Get called a fan boy

-tReP

You guys are forgetting that when there is extended down time or frequent multiple downtimes, we get compensated with free play time. We got 24 hours free for the realms that were down. You might think that 24 hours is not a lot...but we're getting more play time than we were down.

The last time we were down about 1.5 - 2 months ago, we got 7 free days of play time. Sure, you may bitch and moan, but you do get compensated....

DannyGT said:

Just enjoy it...

Ok, civil responses are out. How about you go fuck yourself? You cannot speak about MY gaming experience fucktard so stick to your own opinions. If I say my server is laggy or is down a lot, it is. In my situation, the gameplay/reliability has gotten worse with every updade. So, to summize..... kiss my ass and...

Have a nice day....

paymepunk said:
Have to say, very kool game. My brother in Houston talked me into getting it, and he was absolutely right. Tons of fun. Unfortunately, it took like an hour to install with all the updates. But once it was installed I was so happy i stopped by Best buy after class too get it. I was tired b/c i am training for a triathlon, got up at 5 am for a run and work-out, went to work until 5, then Exam in my MBA class. That brought me to 8 pm. Well my bro called and we talked on my ride home, and lets just say its a curse and blassing living 1 block from Best Buy and Circuit City. Grabbed WOW, stopped at the grocery store, then went home. Needless to say started installin it at 10:08, finished 10:57. Had to load ventrilo.

And off to the races. After my long day i stayed up until 3 am playing. Level 11, and soo tired, but still WoW'd by it. Its so much more fun when you have voice contact with people you know on a quest versus the random babble in CS and DoD. Cant wait to get home tonight. Nap the WoW time. I'll see if i can post some battle videos for those that are interested to see what its like, but not ready to commit the $50 for software and $15 month for the game. Didnt think i would do the monthly thing either, but now i think I am convinced.

random babble? you mean pubs. people should realize that cs only sucks when in pubs, get a clan.

also i doubt there are no jackasses in wow

paymepunk said:
I was tired b/c i am training for a triathlon, got up at 5 am for a run and work-out, went to work until 5, then Exam in my MBA class.
Ha ha just kiss your training and your gpa good bye after buyin this game.... :D

As for lag...its not bad, just use a server that isnt high population. Besides when the server goes down every couple hours...on the weekends at least...you get a break to do something else besides WoWcrack

Back