Just thought I would post this

...we dont have the same attitude as the rest of the forum in here.

There shall be no aggressiveness in here.

I said I was sorry, oth btw I took a sucker punch for the [H]orde today.

I just got back from the dentist office, one root canal, one tooth rebuild and and filling. My mouth is so numb of novicain and swelled up from it, that it looked like someone punched me on my left side of my face.

Ok guys if you have any dentist jokes today, just let them fly.

That is a good thing that ibm and others are doing though.

Bummer, no mention of Folding@home. It sounds like its the same type of work, just a different app. I wonder if with this they are following their humanitarian tendencies, or will it be capitalist for profit type of thing?

w00t! 500 posts

United Devices has a stronger PR machine than Stanford Folding.

edit typo

You might be interested in reading this thread and Vijay's comments in it.
http://forum.folding-community.org/viewtopic.php?t=10265&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

ChelseaOilman
u_chelseaoilman.gif

RagingSamster said:
Bummer, no mention of Folding@home. It sounds like its the same type of work, just a different app. I wonder if with this they are following their humanitarian tendencies, or will it be capitalist for profit type of thing?

w00t! 500 posts

Hey, where have you been lately? I haven't seen you post in a while and your production dropped down to almost 0 for a while.

UD really does have the stronger PR machine...

According to a UD employee, the World Computing Grid IS the same thing as UD. Looks to me that this is a multi-brand approach such as Bestbuy & Futureshop (for the Canucks out there).

SmokeRngs said:
Hey, where have you been lately? I haven't seen you post in a while and your production dropped down to almost 0 for a while.

Ya kinda sucked, my daughter keeps shutting down folding on her box, and after a format and reload I did a messed up install on my machine (doh) I'm back in to it, I think I'll just borg my daughter's PC as a service so the icon won't annoy her

James_TheVirus said:
UD really does have the stronger PR machine...

According to a UD employee, the World Computing Grid IS the same thing as UD. Looks to me that this is a multi-brand approach such as Bestbuy & Futureshop (for the Canucks out there).

Yes they do have a bigger machine, and they pay people to run it. Just the cynic in me ;)

RagingSamster said:
Ya kinda sucked, my daughter keeps shutting down folding on her box, and after a format and reload I did a messed up install on my machine (doh) I'm back in to it, I think I'll just borg my daughter's PC as a service so the icon won't annoy her

Yes, it's nice having the built in service installer now. It makes borging and stuff much easier since people don't have to see anything watching. Since it's out of site, it's out of mind.

Back