• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Just sold my VR

MorgothPl

2[H]4U
Joined
Oct 13, 2008
Messages
3,020
So, due to the lack of any AAA games being released on VR and those who have some VR moments are reduced to a single extra missions or such, I sold my PS VR. Watching the 3D movies was not enough as a perk to keep it.

It's a pity, that Sony which has a great chance for a device to success ruins it with lack of proper support and good games (and no, indie games are not proper support) - they went same way as they did with Vita or as Microsoft with Kinect.

At least I recovered about 90% of money I put in the system :)
 
Feeling the same way, but I want to try out Trinus before giving up on it. It might turn out that it will serve me well on PC in addition to the PS4.
 
Hmm, interested to see how PSVR develops because 2 people I know recently bought it.
I read last month that some older games were getting VR support and there are quite a few games coming with VR support.
But I havent dug into it because I dont console.

Rez Infinite came to PC this month, one less reason to need a PSVR.
 
I have a Pro, but haven't been very compelled to pick up the VR from what I've seen of it in reviews and other videos. To me it looks like the Pro doesn't really have enough power to drive it properly, as the graphics and performance are significantly worse than any PC driven VR with a decent GPU.

I know you could say the same about 4K games on the Pro, but their upscaling methods there work pretty well at least and it's still a noticable jump from the base PS4, esp. on a 4K display. My Pro has definitely got more attention than my PC or Xbone here lately though with all the exclusives I've missed out on the past few years while I was in school.

I would consider the VR if it cost like $150 or less, but in its current state, no way I would pay about what I paid for the console itself, esp. considering its lackluster support so far.
 
I just seen the future of VR which includes a Back to school backpack for your VR power you carry that around instead of all the extras so you can space out that way.

Still don't think it will take off it's just too weird..
 
It does feel like it will be the new Super Scope 6 or 32X. It's pretty neat, but like seemingly every other add-on, devs don't have any motivation to alienate potential buyers.
Several of those demo games (like the London Heist) are phenomenal and show a ton of potential.
 
It does feel like it will be the new Super Scope 6 or 32X. It's pretty neat, but like seemingly every other add-on, devs don't have any motivation to alienate potential buyers.
Several of those demo games (like the London Heist) are phenomenal and show a ton of potential.
Exactly that.... I was hoping we would get full time VR shooters like London Heist or maybe full version of Ace Combat 7 and such, but then devs started giiving a shit about VR. Like the Naughty Dog crew I was talking to recently - they said they have no plans of using the VR in their games.
 
So, due to the lack of any AAA games being released on VR and those who have some VR moments are reduced to a single extra missions or such, I sold my PS VR. Watching the 3D movies was not enough as a perk to keep it.

It's a pity, that Sony which has a great chance for a device to success ruins it with lack of proper support and good games (and no, indie games are not proper support) - they went same way as they did with Vita or as Microsoft with Kinect.

At least I recovered about 90% of money I put in the system :)

So, I was actually in a similar boat as you but with the HTC Vive. I sold it after about 8 months because nothing good was releasing for it. I bought a PSVR when it released because I knew Sony would have the bettyer developer support for games in the long-run and I honestly have to say OP I agree with you because I haven't played my PSVR in MONTHS. It's collecting dust. However, you did make a mistake because this year and the following year is when the games that I really want are being released for PSVR. Doom VFR, Skyrim VR, Gran Turismo Sport, and the most anticipated for me being Ace Combat 7.

Resident Evil 7 is a fantastic FULL VR experience and Arizona Sunshine as well. But, like I said I completely understand where you are coming from. Before I bought the Vive I was the biggest poster-child for VR excitement, but it has definitely died down considerably since the early Vive days and mostly because of the lack of AAA content. I figured with the PSVR's great sales numbers that development will surely ramp up, but I keep thinking of the developers who make games and seeing VR as like very very optional. As-in, why invest in trying to make a VR game work when they can release the exact same game on Playstation without VR support. Just yesterday I read that Eve Valkyrie is getting a patch so it can be played without VR so anyone can play it. For the most part, it seems as though the real notable VR games are ones that would work without it as well. And honestly I am okay with that as long as the experience is compelling such as Resident Evil 7, or Ace Combat.

But again, I get it. When I had my Vive and heard of Fallout VR I thought to myself that I will hold onto the Vive until it releases but as more time went on (it's to this day not released) the less I could justify the Vive. I never ever felt like I got my $800 worth for that thing. The games were never good enough to justify the cost of the Vive. It was impressive tech, but that's not enough reason for me to keep something. At least with the PSVR I feel as though there is hope, and it a much much much better value than the Vive; that is undeniable.
 
I have notice few of these coming to sale recently I want to try one out but dont think its something i would use that much at all
 
I would say unless you used a Vive or Rift + Touch, you weren't getting the full VR experience. Just my 2 cents.

I do hear the argument about lack of AAA titles, though. I agree to a large extent, but I still have enough on the system to justify keeping it.
 
This is the problem with VR, it's too segregated over multiple platforms, and it takes 100% commitment.

No AAA title is going to invest millions to make a game for such a small segment, a segment that is also split over different platforms. It's just so hard to get the ball rolling. I've thought about buying a psvr just to mess around with, but there's nothing out there but gimmicky crap.
 
Back
Top