Just picked up a DS Lite

trugbilddrachen

[H]ard|Gawd
I just recieved my DS Lite in the mail today and WOW...
Such a great improvement over the last DS... The sound is still loud even with less speaker holes... The Screens are very bright... holding is a little different and the buttons seem a little smaller but i have not confirmed it yet... the body construction is a lot sturdier (sp?) Great Job Nintendo... Now just fix the Wii name...

will post pics later tonight when i get off of work and Finals..

ds_lite_closed.jpg

Backlight.jpg

DS:L On the left

VS_open.jpg

Didnt have time to resize should have been at work... but dont tell them that... hehe

I'm looking forward to picking one up but i'm beginning to doubt this supposed may 15th US release date. Wouldn't they have to have confirmed it by now? I would think if they announce it at E3 that's really not a lot of time to get the units to the stores if really launching on the 15th. Let alone advertising. :(

Well the ramped up Japans production... and the power adapter is US/JAP, the DS llite i have is unlocked and has all the lingo for US on it... The only thing they need to update was the box,, manual.. other then that its read for here... I sure they can pull it off.. However if i read some where that the New Mario was delayed and i think that was a lunch title...

if there are any errors with this post... i didnt have the time to check... (at work shhhhh)

Some observsations:

Screen - Hella Nice... VERY BRIGHT and colorful... almost gives the games a new look.
D-pad - I like the orginal DS's D-pad much better... The new one has made it easier to hit the diag. directions. Also the buttons are letter screened instead of engraving.
The start and select buttons are small to close together... Makes it hard trying not to hit the other...
The other thing i did not care for was the GBA slot the game sticks out a good amount...
BTW the Navy Blue attracts finger prints as bad as the PSP Black... lol..

O k back to studying...

I just bought mine from a Japanese woman on eBay! I chose the white one, because in my opinion the other colors were meh ... :p

It should take like 4 days to arrive here ... can't wait!

I still don't know what games I'm going to get for it yet ... probably Animal Crossing ... and that's only because I was reading the Animal Crossing friend thread ... the game seems so fun and addictive :D And probably other online games.

I am looking at this DS Lite on e-bay and my question is, will a japanese ds lite will be the same as one in the us when it releases?, other than the manual being in japanese of course.

STANG22GT said:
I am looking at this DS Lite on e-bay and my question is, will a japanese ds lite will be the same as one in the us when it releases?, other than the manual being in japanese of course.

As far as I know, all DS and DSlites are region free and contain all the languages. The manual and box will be in japanese.

cool, thanks, I will be following up some auctions on e-bay.
I am american but live in germany, I will prolly get one if I can get a good price, if not I will wait.

I picked one off of Ebay for $195 shipped.

I figured US release price probably about $150 plus tax so not too bad of a price.

However, I did see that come May 4th Nintendo is supposed to announce US relase date and price (not sure about the source of the info but we will see.)

IMHO, this was a great purchase, screen is fantastic with 4 brightness settings and the thing is very well built and sturdy. Mario Kart and Castlevania have taken away my Oblivion play time. :eek:

I got my white ds lite from lik-sang about 2 weeks ago and couldn't be happier. I highly recommend anyone to pick one up when it launches in america. I'll probably end up picking up another one when the launch in america for my roommate so I can get rid of my old original ds.

I have an Enamel Navy version and have been playing Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan! on it since March. The unit is extremely comfortable even with the small size. The stylus and the power button placement is the biggest improvements for me. The stylus is longer and thicker so it doesn't leave my fingers marked and hurting afterwards. The screens are just as sensitive as the previous ones, even with the Invisibleshield protectors I put on it.

Only thing I recommend against doing though: Unless you are near blinded by the sun, don't use maximum brightness. I got around 6 hours playing time on that setting and the screen left stars in my eyes.

trugbilddrachen said:
Some observsations:

Screen - Hella Nice... VERY BRIGHT and colorful... almost gives the games a new look.
D-pad - I like the orginal DS's D-pad much better... The new one has made it easier to hit the diag. directions. Also the buttons are letter screened instead of engraving.
The start and select buttons are small to close together... Makes it hard trying not to hit the other...
The other thing i did not care for was the GBA slot the game sticks out a good amount...
BTW the Navy Blue attracts finger prints as bad as the PSP Black... lol..

O k back to studying...

Please post pics of your Navy Blue Unit. This is the one I am getting in the mail in a couple of days.

It's really not that much smaller than the original DS is it? I thought it was supposed to be smaller. Looks cool though.

Thanks for the pics. That is what I was looking for. I do have one other question for you. About how much does a GBA cartridge stick out of the bottom of the unit? If possible could you post a pic with a GBA cart. inserted in the unit?

it doesnt look smaller, well as small.. but when you hold it you will notice the difference...

I will post a pic when i get home from work tonight around 5pm CST...

i have other shots i took this morning... just havent had the time to post them. had to leave... i will post more... geesh :) if u have another color someone please post pics... my wife is looking to get one...

Wow, I never thought about getting a DS before, but that video really made me want one. That screen is soooo bright.

Ya the DS is a nice FUN and reasonably priced gaming device... and its games are cheaper than other consoles.....

I bought one off a friend of mine with several games (only down part is that he had lost the charger).... and the system literally has no scratches.... so good deal all around....

But ya i might end up giving this one to my Sister and getting a DS Lite for myself :)
I was thinking about getting her a Micro, but this idea seems much better... :D

man i've been going back and forth about this thing so much. I can't decide if it's really worth it to get one or not. I already have a ds but 200 bones is quite a bit, but i really want it :p

what do you think about the value, and is there anyplace you can get them cheaper than lik sang that's trustable?

Well the DS Lites arent officially released in North America yet (i suspect the announcement will be made during E3).... but once they do.... the DS lite will probably be around $170 CAD (thats around $140/150 US) and the regular DS or DS Vanilla will drop quite abit.... probably to 100 or 110....

I'd wait afew months.... since the price of the DS lite will drop after the first initial release. I mean u already own a ds.... so its all good :)

almost done that too... but ill wait for the release in NA

I couldnt wait... the only things i can think of in terms of differences is colors...
but i love and Brain Age is addicting... great deal for 20 bucks...

I could have waited but I really wanted before the 18 of may because I will be working on the road for 3 weeks and need something to pass the time all those days.

Carbon_Le said:
Anyone know what color the ds-lite will be available for the US launch?

Good question, I was wondering that too.

Hopefully not white so I'm unique :D :p

The DS Lite will be released in white only for the US launch.

I got my navy blue DS today, it is quite a deep shade of blue. I was worried from the pictures that the Unit would be light but it was just the flash bringing out the color. In normal light it looks quite dark. The unit has two messed up pixels, one stuck red and one stuck blue. The blue one is right on the upper edge of the touch screen and the red one only shows up on blue backgrounds on black backgrounds it is not noticable. All in all this thing is great. :)

Do you think Nintendo will release other colors following the DS Lite's initial release? Just an assumption, considering what they have done in the past.

Z(+)DIAC said:
Do you think Nintendo will release other colors following the DS Lite's initial release? Just an assumption, considering what they have done in the past.

They will probably bring out US Specific colors like they have done in the past. We probably will not get a Navy Blue or an Ice Blue DS Lite just like we have never received a Graphite DS. We will probably get some horribly bright color like the limited edition red Mario Kart DS.

At launch, the only available color will be white. It's being released stateside June 11th. That's another month. :mad: It will be the same price as the current one, and it's currently unknown if they will lower the price of the current model they have out.

I got this info from IGN

the guessing game is fun :D

my guess is a 20$ drop for the original DS , wich will boost the sales of those too

Back