Just picked up a DS Lite

How do you like the white... I put in a pre-order at G.S. along with trading in our DS's makes it only 30 bucks... but my wife wasnt sure about the color... I have the navy and she was looking at the ice blue.. but y pay 100 more... :)

trugbilddrachen said:
How do you like the white... I put in a pre-order at G.S. along with trading in our DS's makes it only 30 bucks... but my wife wasnt sure about the color... I have the navy and she was looking at the ice blue.. but y pay 100 more... :)

It's really nice!

But, I think it's really flashy lol ... maybe because I'm used to the black PSP, but I still like it.

I just hope it doesn't get dirty too easy. :D

U HAX0R said:
It's really nice!

But, I think it's really flashy lol ... maybe because I'm used to the black PSP, but I still like it.

I just hope it doesn't get dirty too easy. :D

You have one thing going for you that I don't The white DS Lite probably does not show fingure prints on the outer casing as much as my navy blue DS Lite does. The one thing I still can't get over is the clarity of the new screens. All I can say is WOW!

saintrobyn said:
You have one thing going for you that I don't The white DS Lite probably does not show fingure prints on the outer casing as much as my navy blue DS Lite does. The one thing I still can't get over is the clarity of the new screens. All I can say is WOW!

Yes indeed, you have to look at the DS at a certain angle to see the fingerprints and I see them way less than on my PSP.

Ditto! The screens are amazing! Especially compared to the old DS. I'm glad I didn't get an "old" DS when they came out.

I think the a, b... buttons are too small, got kind of painful after 15 min or so of playing mario kart

the buttons and d-pad are form the mirco.. it really takes some getting used to. I ended up ordering from decalgirl a skin for my ds top... i did the same to my psp cause i couldnt stand the finger prints and didnt want it getting scratched... and i had to get the Hori screens since no one carrys them around here anymore... now i just have to wait for my preorder of mario... sigh... ne 1 know where i can get a micro for cheap???

I am about to pull the trigger on ordering one from Lik-Sang... any foreign games that are a must have?

ManCannon said:
Why pay a $70 premium when it will be here in 13 days?
1. ice blue
2. $70/10 (3 days for transit) = $7/ day which isn't really that much.

Alright, it's your money. For me, $70 bucks more is a bit too much for a different colorway and to have something 10 days sooner. To each his own.

ManCannon said:
Alright, it's your money. For me, $70 bucks more is a bit too much for a different colorway and to have something 10 days sooner. To each his own.

what does colorway mean,.

I want to want a DS, but haven't convinced myself yet. There's Metroid, and New Super Mario. But other than that I haven't found anything that really intrigues me. Zelda is still a good ways off. Someone point out some stuff that I can't live without. :p

Baredor said:
I want to want a DS, but haven't convinced myself yet. There's Metroid, and New Super Mario. But other than that I haven't found anything that really intrigues me. Zelda is still a good ways off. Someone point out some stuff that I can't live without. :p

Personally I find the DS to be more of an every man system, and that's exactly what Nintendo wanted. It's a system your little brother, your mom, your girlfriend, and even you can get excited for it. While this is definitely a good thing, it also means many of the games, are niche titles, cutesy titles, or geared towards children.

If you're someone who prefers racing, shooting, stealth, explosions and mayhem then the DS probably isn't for you and you might consider looking at the PSP. There are plenty of worthwile titles on the DS, but if you what you've seen for it so far hasn't got you dying to have one then I don't really think it's for you.

I'm buying a lite when they come out.
First handheld I'm buying since original gameboy and lynx.
The games look nice but I'm mainly sold on the size.
I need something I can literally drop in my pocket and forget about.
PSP is just too bulky to carry around.

Interested to find out what people are playing on the DS. I'm looking at this page to see what games are out there. Metroid, New Super Mario Bros., and maybe Mario Kart strike me as the obvious, but other than these, what is everyone playing?

Phoenix Wright, Tetris DS, Trauma Center, Mario & Luigi, Castlevania, Animal Crossing.

advance wars, mario kart, SMB, Brain Age, AC, Nintendogs, Metroid Pinball, mario 64DS, I have 2 others i can not think of...

- wants metroid hunters

I preorderd a lite from EB games..looking forward to it.

Do whatever you can to find a copy of Phoenix Wright. One of my favorite games ever on any platform.

Back