just picked up a controller, suggest games

GhengisKhan

Supreme [H]ardness
I just bought a Logitech F310 game controller for my PC. Only game I have that I can use it on is Tony Hawk Pro Skater HD.
What are some other games that are good with controllers?

Bought an Xbox one controller just for Mad Max. Other then the rumble being a little weak, works awesome....Only played a few hours though...Another game banished to my never ending back log of backlogs

Would definitely recommend a 360 or Xbox One controller if you find the Logitech isn't quite up to task.

Rocket League if you're into that kind of a game. But it's a blast and there's a reason why it's so popular.

Driving games in general play a lot better than keyboard as well and i'd even prefer a hand controller over a wheel for some of the more arcade-like ones (Burnout Paradise, The Crew, Ridge Racer). There are a quite a few you can pick up cheaply on steam if you are into racing.

Anything works pretty well with a controller, other than multiplayer FPS or building games. A lot of singleplayer games are really fun with a controller and 2D action platformers.

Would definitely recommend a 360 or Xbox One controller if you find the Logitech isn't quite up to task.

The F310 actually identifies as a 360 controller in windows. Functionally, it's identical. It all comes down to what controller shape you prefer.

Quite literally anything should work fine. You aren't going to twitch aim better than a mouse and your aren't going to out-point anyone in an RTS, but otherwise they're great with nearly anything.
Fighting, driving, 3rd person, adventure, 3D RPG's, emulators, etc.
Outside of FPS and RTS - anything you want. If you find that you like it, you can always try out the console controllers as well. I think they're a little more sturdy and precise than anything anyone else is producing these days...except maybe the Steam controller.

Worth mentioning: Steam controllers are on sale right now. At only $30, I'm grabbing one just to see what it's all about. PS4 and Xbox pads are almost 2x that price.

Last edited:
The Darksiders series are very good with a game pad. Metroid inspired action rpg.

I pretty much play everything other than RTS and FPS on a controller.

Batman Arkham games? Controller.
GTA IV and V? Controller.
Shadow of Mordor? Controller.
Kerbal Space Program? Keyboard and mouse.
Rise of the Tomb Raider? Controller.

I like being able lean back and kick my feet up while I game. It's supposed to be a relaxing activity.

Sleeping Dogs is just too fun.

Also Sonic and All Stars Racing series is a lot of fun. Its the closest the PC has to Mario Kart, and it supports 4-player split-screen on PC.

MAME64UI - the best version of MAME IMO - IV/Play and MameUI Home Page
Do note though that I've noticed different versions of MAME support different ROMs - don't just assume that a newer version will support more ROMs than an older one (which is why I keep two different versions of it on my PC).

Pure - it's a little old now, but is still a good fun, ATV racing game.

Lots and lots of emulators I'm not going to list. My favorites for old school stuff are generally either MAME related, Amiga or SNES games.

Get yourself a decent boxing or fighting game - I still enjoy running UFC 2010 Undisputed, on a PSP emulator. Stuff like the Tekken series is always fun for a bash - especially if you've got a second controller for a friend and drink some beer too :)

FEZ - very fun retro platformer

Bionic Commando Rearmed - remake of the old school Bionic Commando from the arcades - great fun on 2 player co-op

Any arcade racing game like the Need for Speed series.

Motorcycle racing games like MXGP2 are best played on gamepads. Plus others like the SBK-X or the MotoGP game series.

...there's lots out there that's best on a gamepad... :)

Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime (strongly recommend 2 player, so you need another controller)

Tyrian 2000 (best. game. ever. Also, free.)

Dark Souls 1/2/3

Lords of the Fallen

Crypt of the Necrodancer

Jotun

Hyperlight Drifter

Bastion

Transistor

Dragon Age: Inquisiton

Mass Effect 1/2/3

Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor

Assassin's Creed series

Killer is Dead

The Witcher 3 + expansions/DLC

Fable 1/2/3

Various emulators, as muz_j said -- PS1, PS2, PSP, NES, SNES, Master System, Genesis/32X/SegaCD, Saturn, Turbografx 16, MAME, N64, Gamecube, Wii

For emulators, I've always been a fan of Final Burn and Final Burn Alpha. They're based around the Capcom and SNK arcade cabinets.
It's a very good/clean interface for playing fighting games from the 90's and it has Kaillera support if you want to give online play a shot.

Back