Just ordered the Dell UltraSharp 2209WA

I ordered 3 of them yesterday morning from Christa. My estimated ship date was the 12th, and they shipped last night, along with my Display Port to DVI adapter. Got mine for 212.00 Shipped each. Also, I got 20% off of the active Display port adapter as well. I emailed her Wednesday night, she called me Thursday morning, and I paid and they shipped that next night. Doesn't get any better than that. She was great to work with.

what is the current situation on these monitors? do they still have ips panels? any known issues?

IT would help if you let is know what rep you talked to. I talked to 3 reps while I was waiting for christi ad they wouldnt budge from $285.

I talked to Christa. Sent an e-mail and she called the following morning, should be here on Tuesday.

Last edited:
Yea my estimated ship date was the 12th also. I ordered around 7 last night so im hoping maybe they ship out today. I would really like to have these sooner than the 15th. I hope I can get this deal again in 2 weeks.

Based on the information on this forum I ordered my monitor from Christa on Monday. I was told it would ship by the 7th but it shipped the next day and I received it on the 7th.

If it means anything, my model is an A01 manufactured December 2009 in Mexico.

This was an upgrade from a 9 year old Sony 19" G400 Trinitron (I've been holding out on switching to an LCD due to the color reproduction). So far I really like it. My only gripe is that the DVI/VGA input doesn't have a physical switch to go between. I haven't connected my VGA yet but it looks like it's done through the settings menu.

Ordered yesterday had a Fedex tracking number in 24 hours. Fantastic! Now if only Dell could get their act together and be as efficient with their laptop and desktop production I would not have had to buy a Thinkstation this time instead of an XPS. I am a long time Dell customer who was scared off by the stories..

I just finally saw mines was shipped today. No tracking number yet though, says data temporarily unavailable. Looks like I may see this monitor sometime Thursday.

Hello,

My Dell 2209wa has some brightness uniformity issues, the right hand side is quite a bit darker.

I've owned this one for a couple of months, and I tried to contact the store I bought it for months, and they never replied.
I had finally given up, and called Dell about it, they decided to send me a replacement.

Now, reading all this stuff about brightness uniformity being a common problem I'm starting to doubt whether my replacement will have acceptable brightness uniformity.
I'm a bit afraid that my replacement is gonna be worse than my current one and that I'm gonna be stuck with that one.

How does Dell handle replacing monitors, do you immediately have to swap your old one, or can you check the new one out for a day or so?

UPDATED shipping according to fedex is the 13th. I really dislike fedex tracking right now. All the updates I have is its been picked up in TN and then fedex got the shipping info.

I think im being impatient though cant wait for this monitor.

This is so tempting... 3 of these... I love my 30" but the lack of support for the 20-30-20 setup is a little disappointing...

If I could do that, I'd rather just buy a couple 2007FP's locally for ~$100 used vs. selling my 30" and buying 3 new monitors etc.

Well, I think I am ordering a couple of these tomorrow... It seems like most people prefer eyefinity in portrait mode and those TN panels suck balls for it.

My Dell 2209wa has some brightness uniformity issues, the right hand side is quite a bit darker.
You may want to double check that.

I was seeing what looked like a fade-to-dark on the right hand vertical side, like a gradient shadow.

Turned out to be just that, a shadow created by the bezel due to the unusually deep inset of the panel.

When I look straight on (perpendicular to the edge of the screen) the shadow disappears from the displayed image.

Still waiting on mine. Hopefully FedEx is right and they will get here tomorrow.

Getting kinda tired of this 20" im using right now. Its nice but the colors are so off its crazy.

You may want to double check that.

I was seeing what looked like a fade-to-dark on the right hand vertical side, like a gradient shadow.

Turned out to be just that, a shadow created by the bezel due to the unusually deep inset of the panel.

When I look straight on (perpendicular to the edge of the screen) the shadow disappears from the displayed image.

THAT EXPLAINS IT. I was noticing the left side seemed a little dark but upon looking more closely it seemed to go away. I'm glad this was mentioned so I won't be so paranoid now.

Is there anything that can be done about the wobble of the monitor? I'm guessing that's probably the caveat of the ease of adjusting it on the included stand.

Get a better desk? I have a crappy desk from World market and the thing never budges.

I thought of that. It's a fairly solid flat desk. I've had my 19" Sony Trinitron on it for the last 6 years and of course that didn't budge because it was so heavy.

It seems that purposely shaking the desk yields nothing visible on the desk itself moving but the kinetic energy is amplified significantly in the monitor itself. I can disregard it as a trade off for the convenience of turning and adjusting the monitor so easily. No big deal.

Quick question, does the supported monitor driver lower resolutions offer any that maintain the 16:10 aspect ratio? My sister recently bought a cheap 23" Dell display and none of the lower supported resolutions were within the native screen aspect ratio (in this case 16:9).

Just ordered a monitor after talking to Christa this morning for $247.08 after tax and the CA environmental fee. Delivery date says 1/21 but hopefully it comes sooner. Can't wait! Gonna push my old Dell 228wfp to the side.

Ok I just got my monitor and im having a problem. I push the power button and it enters power saving mode. I have it connected via a hdmi to dvi from my laptop.

Also I inserted the cd but found no driver on it. just a link to the pdf

NVM all I had to do was go to the control panel. I did find the driver on dells website but I dont know how to install it. Its at the max rez of 1680x1050

Last edited:
I also ordered mine today - well, 2 of them... No 5870 yet so don't need the third quite yet.

Mine arrived today as well but it so cold here that I have to let it warm up in the box overnight before I open it. Fingers crossed that there are no problems. Lenovo is predictably late delivering the new work station so I will have to test it under XP instead of W7.

Can anybody tell me how is the gaming experience on this monitor if played at Full HD and above? I want to buy this monitor but i am concerned about the resolution of 1680x1050, will it cause any problems in the future? I dont want to connect ps3 or watch hi def movies.

Last edited:
Can anybody tell me how is the gaming experience on this monitor if played at Full HD and above? I want to buy this monitor but i am concerned about the resolution of 1680x1050, will it cause any problems in the future? I dont want to connect ps3 or watch hi def movies.
For PC gaming? I don't see 1680x1050 going anywhere anytime soon. When I played RE5 (horrible port that forced 16:9) it just gave me black bars.

I ordered one on Tuesday from Christa and she honored the same price of 212 + tax for me. I got it mine today and i'm pretty happy with it!

I ordered one on Tuesday from Christa and she honored the same price of 212 + tax for me. I got it mine today and i'm pretty happy with it!

Mine should be coming tomorrow according to Fedex. Ordered on 1/13 so a day after your's arrives makes sense. Originally was supposed to ship out on the 18th. Best part is that my four-day weekend begins....right now!

Mine should be coming tomorrow according to Fedex. Ordered on 1/13 so a day after your's arrives makes sense. Originally was supposed to ship out on the 18th. Best part is that my four-day weekend begins....right now!

Yeah mine was originally supposed to be shipped out on the 15th, but it shipped out early. :)

Damn, you guys suck! I ordered on the 13th, checked mine just now and it still says 'in production':(

I checked again - shipped but how come FedEx doesn't show a delivery date?

Edit: the 19th, damnit.

Takes a while to update. Mine said shipped for half the day before it told me the estimated delivery date. Then a couple of hours later for the FedEx.

Got mine this morning and snapped a cellphone picture.

img0181x.jpg

From the picture it seems more 'vivid' than your other monitor - could be brightness settings though. Looks good, I hope mine get here Monday (I bet FedEx is closed on Monday)

Last edited:
Yeah that was pre-calibration. Did it earlier and now it's about the same as my old 228wfp, except......beautiful.

When I got mine I really havent touched the settings. Just turned down the brightness a couple notches and all was good to me.

Peanut Butter, What are your settings?

PS. I thought I saw somewhere for this monitor the it can be set to 75hertz for games and it was better....???? Correct me if im wrong but I feel something a bit off in MW2, its giving me a headache playing the game.

Last edited:
Ok I figured out how to run at 75 hertz and im tellin you i made a heck of a difference in MW2. Now I really LOVE this monitor.

Back