Just ordered T-Mobile g1

zipdrive

Limp Gawd
Seems the concensus is fairly positive on this phone, so I ordered one on a new contract. Now I see HardOcp has a mobile phone category(I just noticed it). Any G1 owners here? Whats your experience like?

Seems the concensus is fairly positive on this phone, so I ordered one on a new contract. Now I see HardOcp has a mobile phone category(I just noticed it). Any G1 owners here? Whats your experience like?

Dont have a G1, a few of my friends do... and i like it alot. :D

I think the Android OS is a very cool one.

Got my (2nd) G1. I borked the 1st one last week.

I am pretty happy with it. But, the damn TP2 is winkin' at me, so I'm torn... (came from WinMo).

Check out XDA, but - as any forum - search first, ask later!

Wife's had hers since Oct, good phone, lots of features, sadly no exchange support, other then that, it's been great for her.

I've had one since December, and I love it. I came from a Blackberry, it was a welcome change. Android has a few qwerks, but for the most part its great. The app market has pretty much everything you could ever want. I don't really have any complaints, its a solid phone.

I have had one since release and love it. It's physically not the most "sleek" design, but the functionality is great plus android is coming along nicely now... it's a good time to just be getting an Android device.. lots of great apps and custom roms for it now..

I'll echo what's being said here.

Learn the phone, then get your butt over to xda-developers forum. Once you are pretty adept at figuring everything out, then you'll want to start tinkering with all of the fun custom ROMs out there.

All I can say is, it's awesome. Just make sure that you read as much as you can before flashing, so you get an idea on how to tinker with it. (and we don't want you to brick your new g1. :p)

Back