Just ordered, need more advice : fans (FuZion/GTS240)

nico

Limp Gawd
Hello... :D

So happy to jump in the water - Just ordered some parts; Dtek FuZion, a GTS240 (will be mounted outside with a radbox), and some clearflex 60 for my first WC rig. For the pump a swiftech's MCP655 but for the fans I have no idea, I want something quiet but does the GTS240 needs high CFM fan? Any suggestions? I will be cooling a [email protected]+ (did 3.4 but not stable, heating) on a P5B Deluxe.

edit1: The p180 i ordered is back order. I will ask for a refund. Looking for a nice case now.

Hello... :D

So happy to jump in the water - Just ordered some parts; Dtek FuZion, a GTS240 (will be mounted outside with a radbox), and some clearflex 60 for my first WC rig. For the pump a swiftech's MCP655 but for the fans I have no idea, I want something quiet but does the GTS240 needs high CFM fan? Any suggestions? I will be cooling a [email protected]+ (did 3.4 but not stable, heating) on a P5B Deluxe.

Nice parts. I had exactly that, but gave away the 240 to a fellow on here, but only because I need a monster rad. Pump is awesome btw.

I've tried the following fans. Antec Tri-cools and SilenX Xtrema Pros (14dba/72cfm). You can really notice the difference between the Antecs and the SilenX, particularly when you turn them up. The Silenx seems to be very good and generating airflow, much more than the Antecs and the dba/cfm ration is quite good. Lots of peeps recommend Yate Loon fans, but I'd check out the dba/cfm ration on those before I went a bought a bunch. They seem awfully loud for the cfm rating. If budget is a factor then Yates are a good price. I also have 4 Aercool Extreme Turbines here, which are apparently 89cfm, but around 32dba. I'll let you know how those compare by the weekend if you're still interested.

Stacker 830 sucks for watercooling. If budget is not a fact that Lian Li 2000 is huge. I just got myself a Silverstone TJ07 to replace my Stacker 830 and I'm very pleased with it. Great for watercooling and can fit a monster 480 rad with ease internally.

Fans?

Get 5 of THESE fans and run 2 on each side, at 7v.

Massive cooling potential, noise around 25dba.

Why 5 of them? Well, personal testing has shown that 8% of them are bad (loud grinding noise) so you might as well get an extra (it's only 3.50)

You won't find a better deal anywhere either... unless you buy them in lots of 100.

Public Service Announcement: Stay away from Thermaltake, SilenX and Aerocool. All these manufacturers lie about their fan stats.

I'm from Canada, the customs are hunting and I think Jab-tech only ships with UPS.

FN121 are 9$ 26.6 dba/53.24cfm
There is the Nexus, at 14$ which are Yate Loon at 5$.

Scythe SFF21E - (20dba/49cfm)
Scythe SFF21F - (28dba/64cfm)

at 14$ each

I could buy 3 FN121 for the price of two S-Flex...

The faster of the 2 scythe fans there isn't accurate...

There's no way the scythe can push 20cfm more than the yate loon, while maintaining the same noise level.

There's no way the slower scythe can push 50cfm at 20dba either... That's just not possible. Maybe at 5feet in open air, but not in a regular application.

I still say Yate loons... They've been the best of the best for awhile now, and the only fans I use in my customer builds.

I'm also Canadian. They use USPS to ship to us, and customs DOES NOT charge anything on an order under 20$. If your order goes (slightly) over 20$, you can ask Jabtech to declare it as 20$ to save you the hassle of a payment. I just got 200$ of personal stuff in today (from jab-tech) and had to pay 7% tax on it (shipped to Ontario, Toronto).

Just saw a post about jab-tech and canadian customs, that's sweet. I'm getting those Yate Loon:D at 3.50 each, lol! NCIX will sell them for 9$:eek:

edit: Nice! i will warm up my credit card, lots of interesting stuff.

IMO the scythe fans are the best bargain!

The bearing life is 2-3 times that of a normal fan, also meaning they are less prone to bearing noise after long usage. Plus, the bearings offer less resistance than standard ball bearings.

IMO the scythe fans are the best bargain!

The bearing life is 2-3 times that of a normal fan, also meaning they are less prone to bearing noise after long usage. Plus, the bearings offer less resistance than standard ball bearings.

The MTBF of a Yate loon is 150000hrs... I'll take my chances for 3.50 ;)

Even if the bearing does start to rub 20% into those 150000hours... You've still got about 4 years out of them.

I belive the d12SL-12 yates are sleeve bearing... Which is nice and quiet.

I put 3 yate loons the blue led ones on my GTS360 and woot! Very quiet and do the job!:D
I had the thermaltake noise makers high cfm on it. the yate loons work.

I had an aerocool turbine on the back of my case and while it was pretty quiet it died about about 4 months! It was completely froze up. I replaced it with an antec tri cool and its ok, little louder. The delta's that come with the swiftech apex kit are pretty nice, I like them. Not sure of the model though.

Panaflows or Pabst if you can find them.

regardless, get medium or high speed and put em on fanmate2 and turn em down to what you like/need.

You buy low speed/low cfm fans with susposedly low noise, you cant turn em up and your stuck.

I will say it again, low speed/cfm fan cant be turned up, medium/high cfm fan can be turned down.

Bah didnt see you went with the loons

here this will solve both the fan and case issue if you could figure out how to strap the rad onto it.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16811103011

j/k

I have the Scythe SFF21F's and Yate Loons, the Yates are far quieter but the Scythes move more air, what are your priorities?

yay! it's in, the rad/WB/tubing. Missing the pump, misc stuff (hose clamp, fans) but now I need a case.. The store where I ordered it don't want to cancel my order. That stinks. First thing, I wanted a Black P180, they only had Silver one "in stock" (not really in stock since their shipment will arrive the 9) so I got a Silver instead. Two, they already billed my card. Three "we special ordered it for you" well, I'm sorry your stock said you had them in stock. That's your problem. Bummer, all I wanted is to save on shipping, 30$ instead of 50$. We'll see, I might charge it back.

edit: I'm ordering the Yate Loons as recommended, but while I'm at it, i'll order some more ;)

yay! it's in, the rad/WB/tubing. Missing the pump, misc stuff (hose clamp, fans) but now I need a case.. The store where I ordered it don't want to cancel my order. That stinks. First thing, I wanted a Black P180, they only had Silver one "in stock" (not really in stock since their shipment will arrive the 9) so I got a Silver instead. Two, they already billed my card. Three "we special ordered it for you" well, I'm sorry your stock said you had them in stock. That's your problem. Bummer, all I wanted is to save on shipping, 30$ instead of 50$. We'll see, I might charge it back.

edit: I'm ordering the Yate Loons as recommended, but while I'm at it, i'll order some more ;)

Wow that's some good customer service, tell me where you ordered that case from so I can never visit their site.

The faster of the 2 scythe fans there isn't accurate...

There's no way the scythe can push 20cfm more than the yate loon, while maintaining the same noise level.

There's no way the slower scythe can push 50cfm at 20dba either... That's just not possible. Maybe at 5feet in open air, but not in a regular application.

I still say Yate loons... They've been the best of the best for awhile now, and the only fans I use in my customer builds.

I'm also Canadian. They use USPS to ship to us, and customs DOES NOT charge anything on an order under 20$. If your order goes (slightly) over 20$, you can ask Jabtech to declare it as 20$ to save you the hassle of a payment. I just got 200$ of personal stuff in today (from jab-tech) and had to pay 7% tax on it (shipped to Ontario, Toronto).

Never use UPS, use USPS. USPS is faster delivery and UPS will nail you on customs and brokerage fees.

Wow that's some good customer service, tell me where you ordered that case from so I can never visit their site.

I don't know about other places, but frozencpu's real-time stock check has always been 100% accurate for me. If it says in stock it is and it ships same day. I'm pretty impressed with their efficiency when it comes to expediting orders. Many other sites falsely state in stock and have no phone number for contact. I would avoid the hassle of dealing with those companies....they are semi-legit. If you can't afford a phone number, you probably can't afford to stock it. lol

LOL nice case....you could probably lay it on the floor in your room and create of those those skydiving simulators. =P

Panaflows or Pabst if you can find them.

regardless, get medium or high speed and put em on fanmate2 and turn em down to what you like/need.

You buy low speed/low cfm fans with susposedly low noise, you cant turn em up and your stuck.

I will say it again, low speed/cfm fan cant be turned up, medium/high cfm fan can be turned down.

Bah didnt see you went with the loons

here this will solve both the fan and case issue if you could figure out how to strap the rad onto it.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16811103011

j/k

Hello,

03/11 and they still haven't billed my card. My last message was on 03/07 and I've been told that my card had been billed. I've read their "return policy" and there is nothing about canceling an order. We'll see Monday.:eek:

I have my eyes on the following case. Lian Li PC-G70B, Coolermaster CM Stacker 832 both are around 240$CAD, I'm not talking about the 350$CAD TJ07-B (sexy thing!:eek:)

Hello,

03/11 and they still haven't billed my card. My last message was on 03/07 and I've been told that my card had been billed. I've read their "return policy" and there is nothing about canceling an order. We'll see Monday.:eek:

I have my eyes on the following case. Lian Li PC-G70B, Coolermaster CM Stacker 832 both are around 240$CAD, I'm not talking about the 350$CAD TJ07-B (sexy thing!:eek:)

What store is this?

Wtf. I'm pissed off. it's been a week and I still haven't seen reply to my mails. The store is bigfootcomputers.
They *billed* the card the 5th, it JUST appeared on my card bill. Everything else I ordered (from NCIX and somewhere else)
the 4 and 7 showed up almost instantly on my card bill.

Got the case today. What a ....ing POS. The front door panel doesnt glue, the door doesn't close.

Look like I've got an old revision.

NEVER. NEVER again I'll buy from Bigfootcomputers.

Wtf. I'm pissed off. it's been a week and I still haven't seen reply to my mails. The store is bigfootcomputers.
They *billed* the card the 5th, it JUST appeared on my card bill. Everything else I ordered (from NCIX and somewhere else)
the 4 and 7 showed up almost instantly on my card bill.

I tried to order from them once....and failed. LOL customer service was terrible. That was a year or so ago.

If you want customer service go to petrastechshop.com. Quoc and Alex are all about customer service and you'll see how it's supposed to be done. Very impressed with them. Can't say enough good things about the quality of service I've gotten from Petras.

Looks like you got a defective case; call Antec. I'm also in canada, they overnighted me a new frontpanel.

Pro tip: Remove the magnet from the old door, and put it with the new door. The new door uses 2 small magnets. Old door, 1 large. Plus, the new door is significantly heavier.

Ways to tell if you have an old or a new:

old: Front door panel is aluminum on the outside and plastic on the inside
new: Front door panel is aluminum on the inside and outside.

old: You have a gpu fan duct
new: No gpu fan duct

old: Solid pci covers
new: perferated pci slot covers

old: upper drivecage has no clip holes
new: Upper drivecage has clips for a 120mm fan

old: thin strips of rubber for the psu to rest on
new: thick strips of rubber for the psu to rest on.

I personally prefer the old revision with a new front panel. Better potential for silence.

The sad thing is I ordered from them a few time in the past. Never had a problem, fast shipping. Now this time I've sent many emails (and called) trying to get the thing canceled. But after the "we billed your card and ordered the case for you" (and many other P180 apparently. "we ordered the case for you" doesn't mean "we sent a poor guy with no water in the desert to get you the case." is it that hard to understand? Just cancel the order.

Anyway, for the case quality I don't blame Bigfoot at all. But I'm disappointed, unable to cancel my order less then 24 hours later sucks. I mean, one of the rep told me they had no stock, they ordered a bunch and mine will come in the shipment as well. I would have paid the 25% restocking fee. :eek:

I'm making a Frankenstein with my P180 now. Until the TJ07 arrive, I'm cutting out the top to mount my radiator. I wanted to mount it in the back before, too bad, I'm saving 20$ (radbox) :eek:

Well, next week i'm working harder and i get what i want. Ordered my TJ07 from NCIX.

Thank you for the information, Bbq. Exactly what I thought (sp?) I have and old one. You can also add "old: Have a thank you letter with a monthly Prize Drawing that you have to complete, the survey is open until 12/31/05." new: :D:eek:

I'm calling Antec.

Looks like you got a defective case; call Antec. I'm also in canada, they overnighted me a new frontpanel.

Pro tip: Remove the magnet from the old door, and put it with the new door. The new door uses 2 small magnets. Old door, 1 large. Plus, the new door is significantly heavier.

Ways to tell if you have an old or a new:

old: Front door panel is aluminum on the outside and plastic on the inside
new: Front door panel is aluminum on the inside and outside.

old: You have a gpu fan duct
new: No gpu fan duct

old: Solid pci covers
new: perferated pci slot covers

old: upper drivecage has no clip holes
new: Upper drivecage has clips for a 120mm fan

old: thin strips of rubber for the psu to rest on
new: thick strips of rubber for the psu to rest on.

I personally prefer the old revision with a new front panel. Better potential for silence.

Back