Just need a couple more parts.

Stimz

Limp Gawd
1) What will you be doing with this PC? Gaming? Photoshop? Web browsing? etc
Gaming, movies, some encoding, browsing etc.
2) What's your budget? Are tax and shipping included?
Don't really have one set in stone yet.
3) Where do you live?
MN
4) What exact parts do you need for that budget? CPU, RAM, case, etc. The word "Everything" is not a valid answer. Please list out all the parts you'll need.
Mobo, Ram, Bluray Reader or Burner
5) If reusing any parts, what parts will you be reusing? Please be especially specific about the power supply. List make and model.
XFX 650w XXX PSU, HAF 922, Unlocked XFX 6950, Corsair H50, 1TB F3(x2), 1.5TB F2(x2), Intel X-25M 160GB SSD, Intel 320 160GB SSD, Intel 2600k.
6) Will you be overclocking?
Yes
7) What size monitor do you have and/or plan to have?
Currently have a Dell 2005FPW
8) When do you plan on building/buying the PC?
ASAP
9) What features do you need in a motherboard? RAID? Firewire? Crossfire or SLI support? USB 3.0? SATA 6Gb/s? etc.
8 SATA Ports, Onboard video so I can sell my GPU without hassle.
10) Do you already have a legit and reusable/transferable OS key/license? If so, what OS? Is it 32bit or 64bit?
Yes, Win 7 64

Current parts I have in mind:
CORSAIR Vengeance 8GB 1600 $75
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...rue&Keywords=(keywords)&Page=1#scrollFullInfo

ASUS P8Z68-V PRO $218
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131730

LG Black 12X BD-R 2X BD-RE $85
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16827136226

Suggestions? Comments?

What do you mean by selling your video card? Onboard video still isn't as good as a cheap low-end video card for video encoding.

Go ahead and grab the Corsair Vengeance kit while it's available for $75 (after the use of a promo code). If it becomes sold out, here's a good alternative:

$75 - G.Skill Value Series 2x4GB DDR3 1333 kit

Yes, I'm serious. Since you'll be using the processor's unlocked CPU multiplier while overclocking, you don't need RAM faster than DDR3 1333. Or, to put it another way, you won't be using your RAM to overclock the processor. But again, grab the Corsair Vengeance while you still can. (Just ensure beforehand that your CPU cooler isn't impeded by the heatsink "fins" on the RAM.)

What features prompted you to choose the Asus P8Z68-V Pro over other Z68 boards?

What do you mean by selling your video card? Onboard video still isn't as good as a cheap low-end video card for video encoding.

Go ahead and grab the Corsair Vengeance kit while it's available for $75 (after the use of a promo code). If it becomes sold out, here's a good alternative:

$75 - G.Skill Value Series 2x4GB DDR3 1333 kit

Yes, I'm serious. Since you'll be using the processor's unlocked CPU multiplier while overclocking, you don't need RAM faster than DDR3 1333. Or, to put it another way, you won't be using your RAM to overclock the processor. But again, grab the Corsair Vengeance while you still can. (Just ensure beforehand that your CPU cooler isn't impeded by the heatsink "fins" on the RAM.)

What features prompted you to choose the Asus P8Z68-V Pro over other Z68 boards?

I mean so if I want to sell my video card a couple weeks before the 7950(or w/e) come out I can still use my computer for basic things.

I liked the features of the Asus board, 8 Sata ports, Onboard Video, etc. Its price wasn't too bad either.

Back