Just joined!

and I got a 50,000 frame WU right off the bat! I've completed 11500 frames so far at 6.2 seconds per frame. I just wanted to add my spare cycles to a good cause and be a part of the #1 team.

Glad to have you onboard, Welcome! :cool:

Welcome to the Addiction :)

Come on in, grab a drink and headbutt a roo :)

Welcome to the [H]orde! and watch out for the moose droppings!

Keep on Folding!! For the [H]orde!!

Thanks folks, I'll look into Yurt.

I do have a question though, what happens if I'm in the middle of a WU and I need to reboot? Can I pause the work, reboot and unpause, or does it lose all work up to the point of reboot? And is there a way to make it use more memory? I have 2 gigs and it's only using roughly 512mb, when the computer is idle I'd like it to use more.

Thanks folks, I'll look into Yurt.

I do have a question though, what happens if I'm in the middle of a WU and I need to reboot? Can I pause the work, reboot and unpause, or does it lose all work up to the point of reboot? And is there a way to make it use more memory? I have 2 gigs and it's only using roughly 512mb, when the computer is idle I'd like it to use more.

F@H keeps checkpoints, which you can change when your setting it up. By default, it is every 15 minutes. So, if you restart, you will loose all work from your last checkpoint.

Oh, BTW, since no one asked, you using the graphical client, or the console client?

If the client shuts down properly, it will also save its progress immediately, so you won't even lose the calculations performed since the last checkpoint.

You can't really force FAH to take more memory--the RAM usage is purely dependent on the WU you get. If you're running multiple client, you'll get higher memory usage, and you can configure the client and define the maximum amount of RAM it can use, but that's about it.

The console client is more stable, runs as a service (transparent to the user except in the Task Manager), and has a slight performance advantage. Oh, and it doesn't mess with games as much, either.

semi related question about the RAM:

In the console you can tell fah how much ram to use, what happens if i upgrade the amount of RAM installed? will it automatically detect or do i have to reconfigure the config file?

That's a good question, and I don't know the answer. But since no work unit currently takes more than about 110-120 MB (and those are becoming more rare), 512MB is enough for running dual clients.

well, i have a 128 stick in a Pentium D machine with 2gigs being delivered friday so it'll be nice to know how to update fah

If you want to be a cool [h]ard folding member you have to take a [H] boxen sticker and stick it on one of the kangaroos at your local zoo and take a picture so we can send it to the Aussies!

I have a question, I have built a new dual core rig and I wanted to run two instances of F@H, but it wont let me. Can this be done?

I have a question, I have built a new dual core rig and I wanted to run two instances of F@H, but it wont let me. Can this be done?

make a new folder and rerun the setup and make sure you use machine id 2 for second core

Looks like I'll be switching to the console version then. The graphical (sp??) client crashes on my other box when it finishes a WU, so I have to close and restart it every time.

Thanks!

I just joined last night. I'm not gaming on my PC as much as I used to so I thought I would put it to use.

All the guides and FAQ's were very easy to follow and very informative, thanks to all of the people who put in the time and effort to set them up.

I'm going to switch to the console version tonight to take advantage of my Opty.

I just joined last night. I'm not gaming on my PC as much as I used to so I thought I would put it to use.

All the guides and FAQ's were very easy to follow and very informative, thanks to all of the people who put in the time and effort to set them up.

I'm going to switch to the console version tonight to take advantage of my Opty.

Hey Santos.... welcome to the team!

Welcome to the [H]ardest Team in the World!

Fold on FTW!

Turn in some WU's and go get yourself a badge!

I'm sorry you joined....

May you be plagued with many WorkUnits, Tons of points, and a never ending addiction to buying newer and faster computer gear...

Back