• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Just installed MoH...

another really bad review...

To put it simply, Medal of Honor's single player sucks.

At the end of the day if you are thinking of buying this game for the single player, don't. It's by far the worst in it's genre...If this is the best that EA could come up with after consulting with actual military personnel, than I am highly concerned with their development teams...Do NOT buy this for the single player. It will be the biggest waste of your money this year.

http://www.strengthgamer.com/Medal_of_Honor_Review.html


"
Level designs are repetitive as well, and you'll notice very quickly that textures don't matter at all. The Frostbite engine is back so you will notice that buildings and cover areas explode upon impact, but that's really all there is to it. Almost every level is built on the idea that you have to run from low ground to high ground, then back to low ground where the evacuation point is. There are a few levels towards the middle of the game where the sun creates an absolutely beautiful effect, but once again the actual level design is just very... blah. "

Rofl the reviewer is so stupid and ignorant, he thinks that SP is running on the frosbite engine, console gamers, what do I expect ? :p
 
And already having issues.

As soon I load the first mission, my field of view just sits there and spins, non-stop. Only way to hold steady is to constantly move my mouse to the right. I've never had anything like this happen before, with any game.

Any one else ever experienced this? Any ideas how to stop it?

Wasted your money. ;)
 
The only saving grace about this game is that you can tweak the settings in the config :/

Ha!

The bit-tech review even goes after the American spelling of honour/honor - A bit low ball; Funny none the less.

An IGN commenter said it best:
Whoa, you reviewed it on a console?
No wonder you get screen tearing when you're playing on an outdated machine. Jesus christ IGN. You cant review your way out of a paper bag. Shoddy game "journalists".
 
Last edited:
Was it seriously your joystick?

Yeah. I unplugged the joystick and the rotating stopped. Like I said though, I have never experienced it and I have been playing FPS's since the original Wolfenstien.

Overall, I liked it. It could have been longer but I think it was worth it. I played the hell out of the original MoH:AA on PC so I was looking forward to a new MoH title.
 
So an average sp, and a marmite mp. What a suprise.

Stick a fork in this bitch its done.
 
Haters gotta hate. The mp has It's faults but I'm having fun with it. I want to see next month how these same hates pay tribute to cod with the 87 gimmicky perks as we run in circles 90 mph chasing our tails with speed kits and sub machine guns that shoot through walls and steal cover with retarded accuracy. That's way most better amirite? Pfft whatever.

Honestly I like cod and this but for different reasons. Same with bf. They all have faults so be it. Yet this game gets crucified here, make me laugh seriously. You guys want something new and fresh? Great me too. Now go develop it and make a profit while your at it or stfu. Oh wait that takes lots of money and know how. Most of which the ARM chair quarterbacks here don't have.

This game is no worse than any other Fps that's come out in the last 2 or 3 years. So I won't touch the sp but mp is fun.
 
Haters gotta hate. The mp has It's faults but I'm having fun with it. I want to see next month how these same hates pay tribute to cod with the 87 gimmicky perks as we run in circles 90 mph chasing our tails with speed kits and sub machine guns that shoot through walls and steal cover with retarded accuracy. That's way most better amirite? Pfft whatever.

Honestly I like cod and this but for different reasons. Same with bf. They all have faults so be it. Yet this game gets crucified here, make me laugh seriously. You guys want something new and fresh? Great me too. Now go develop it and make a profit while your at it or stfu. Oh wait that takes lots of money and know how. Most of which the ARM chair quarterbacks here don't have.

This game is no worse than any other Fps that's come out in the last 2 or 3 years. So I won't touch the sp but mp is fun.



So nobodys allowed a critical opinion because they've played it and don't like it without the standard "haters gotta hate" rhetoric? Out of all the games you mentioned i find bc2 the most fun, mw2 i find incredibly boring and this just seems like its trying to be mw2 while looking a bit better.

Dunno about you but generally i don't "hate" games to follow some sad little trend...
 
This game was never on my radar to begin with

it's easy to see why.

I tried BFBC2, didn't bother with MW2

i just get the feeling that most FPS games released these days just end up being mediocre, none of them since CoD 4 seem to have any redeeming value.
 
So nobodys allowed a critical opinion because they've played it and don't like it without the standard "haters gotta hate" rhetoric? Out of all the games you mentioned i find bc2 the most fun, mw2 i find incredibly boring and this just seems like its trying to be mw2 while looking a bit better.

Dunno about you but generally i don't "hate" games to follow some sad little trend...

No, what I'm saying is this game simply doesn't deserve as much criticism as its getting. Simple as that. Since if we are gonna start being hyper critical then you can't stop here. Be constient, let's rip on the other games that deserve it as well for a lot of similar reasons.
 
No, what I'm saying is this game simply doesn't deserve as much criticism as its getting. Simple as that. Since if we are gonna start being hyper critical then you can't stop here. Be constient, let's rip on the other games that deserve it as well for a lot of similar reasons.

The criticisms are coming because this was supposed to be the big reboot of the MOH franchise so a lot was expected of it. Call of duty going modern didn't dissapoint, it may be a case of MOH being very late to the party or a sensation of deja vu that this game isn't getting the reception they hoped. =/
 
The criticisms are coming because this was supposed to be the big reboot of the MOH franchise so a lot was expected of it. Call of duty going modern didn't dissapoint, it may be a case of MOH being very late to the party or a sensation of deja vu that this game isn't getting the reception they hoped. =/

what do you mean "isn't getting the reception they hoped?" They made a crappy game.
 
I was waiting for a sequel to MoH:AA which this is not. This is reskined BC2 so I'm in no hurry.

I was under the impression that the sequels were already made - Call of Duty and Call of Duty 2...

DIfferent name, different publisher, same guys behind them all.
 
Hi everyone! Sorry if my english is not perfect. i just intalled the game and like my title say, i get 40fps...i have an Asus 5970....in BFBC2 i get over 150fps everything maxed out.. i tried to disable my second GPU and i get the same result, crossfire issue? if someone with a 5970 can tell me if its only me. my specs: cpu: i7 860 3.8ghz gpu:ati asus 5970 mobo: maximus formula III 16go of ram powersupply: 850 watts antec quattro.
 
Last edited:
Hi everyone! Sorry if my english is not perfect. i just intalled the game and like my title say, i get 40fps...i have an Asus 5970....in BFBC2 i get over 150fps everything maxed out.. i tried to disable my second GPU and i get the same result, crossfire issue? if someone with a 5970 can tell me if its only me. my specs: cpu: i7 860 3.8ghz gpu:ati asus 5970 mobo: maximus formula III 16go of ram powersupply: 850 watts antec quattro.

Not sure what to tell you. I'm getting a decent framerate (seldom drops below 50 fps), while recording the game @ 1080p on the same machine.

My complaint about MoH, at least Single Player, is that it feels consolized. I played through the entire game on Hard Difficulty, and died I think like 2 times. The graphics also aren't that big of an upgrade over the XBox 360. IE: The textures on the PC look pretty bad honestly.

But overall, I'm enjoying the game. Still can't seem to a ping display, which is Steam's fault. I swear, I've tried the admin thing, and Steam still can't solve this ****ing problem and it's been over a year.
 
I hope you didn't buy the game for the single player...MoH is all about the multiplayer...no way would I fork over $60 for the single player alone

Why is it that all the apologists always use this as an excuse for pathetically short SP games?!

No, MoH is not all about the MP, its only became that in recent years because devs/publishers now think that is where the money is.

MoH: Allied Assault, its two expansions and MoH Pacific Assault all had expansive and engrossing SP campaigns. So much so that I can categorically state that MoH:AA probably had the best SP campaign of any WW2 FPS I have ever played.

Its only since the MoH: Airborne abomination that EA has started to churn out shitty SP campaigns.

Its amazing how short some peoples' memories are.
 
Why is it that all the apologists always use this as an excuse for pathetically short SP games?!

No, MoH is not all about the MP, its only became that in recent years because devs/publishers now think that is where the money is.

MoH: Allied Assault, its two expansions and MoH Pacific Assault all had expansive and engrossing SP campaigns. So much so that I can categorically state that MoH:AA probably had the best SP campaign of any WW2 FPS I have ever played.

Its only since the MoH: Airborne abomination that EA has started to churn out shitty SP campaigns.

Its amazing how short some peoples' memories are.

I strongly endorse the message within this post.

For our hard earned dollars in this bad economy, why the fuck should we settle for a game that half asses both SP and MP?
 
I strongly endorse the message within this post.

For our hard earned dollars in this bad economy, why the fuck should we settle for a game that half asses both SP and MP?

Why even in a good economy? Defiant's post was excellent but "haters gotta hate." :rolleyes:
 
Why even in a good economy? Defiant's post was excellent but "haters gotta hate." :rolleyes:

because your money is worth more in a bad economy for obvious reasons, not worth throwing away by paying full price for a mediocre game.
 
Why is it that all the apologists always use this as an excuse for pathetically short SP games?!

No, MoH is not all about the MP, its only became that in recent years because devs/publishers now think that is where the money is.

MoH: Allied Assault, its two expansions and MoH Pacific Assault all had expansive and engrossing SP campaigns. So much so that I can categorically state that MoH:AA probably had the best SP campaign of any WW2 FPS I have ever played.

Its only since the MoH: Airborne abomination that EA has started to churn out shitty SP campaigns.

Its amazing how short some peoples' memories are.

you're right about MoH:AA but that was the past...you even said so in your post...the new era of FPS war/combat games IS all about the multiplayer (I'm not saying that this is the right thing )...everyone knew going in that MoH 2010 SP was going to be really short and the game was primarily developed for online play...every preview over the past few months detailed this as well so anyone who bought the game should not have been surprised...I'm not suggesting that the single player aspect be ignored, in fact just the opposite but the facts are indisputable

same with the upcoming Black Ops game...the fact that you yearn for the days of a good single player campaign mode is good (and I'm with you) but to deny that the business model has changed in recent years is foolish
 
Last edited:
I hope you didn't buy the game for the single player...MoH is all about the multiplayer...no way would I fork over $60 for the single player alone
In the original MoH, the single player campaign *was* the star. People expecting the same thing set in modern day Afghanistan are going to be disappointed.
 
It could've been the worst game ever and I still would have bought it because it's Medal of Honor. With that said, it's getting to the point that I'm about done.
 
Jesus. Just finished the SP campaign. 4 hours total play time. Thats it. All the guns were weak as shit. 4-6 bullets to the upper chest on an enemy not wearing body armor? It felt like I was shooting a .22 at these guys pumped full of pcp. That would be fine for multiplayer for game balance, but not sp. The only decent gun was the .50 caliber sniper rifle that made the enemies head's explode. Gameplay was linear and repetitive. There were only 2 good levels, the one where the army squad goes by themselves then takes on over a hundred guys, then the chopper gunner mission immediately after.

Atleast it had a cohesive plot, unlike COD:MW2, but that doesn't save this shitty campaign. The MP is a COD clone. Some of the game modes are better than others, but its still shitty.

5/10.
 
There's still a good amount of bugs and weird stuff in this game.

1) In Eyefinity the cinematics and subtitles/titles only cover the middle screen. They scale to the width of the middle screen so it's all really small.

2) Anyone else notice ridiculously high mouse sensitivity in this game?

3) I'm REALLY annoyed there's no strait to prone key.

4) I'm REALLY annoyed that bringing up the iron sights isn't a toggle so you HAVE to hold your RMB. In multiplayer it's toggled.

5) EA Download Manager corrupted some of my files so it doesn't actually see my game as installed. I have to navigate to the folder and click on the .exe itself. It also means the auto-patcher doesn't work for me. There doesn't seem to be any quick way to fix this either other than to re-download the whole damn thing.


Does anybody know how to change the FOV in SP?
 
Why is it that all the apologists always use this as an excuse for pathetically short SP games?!

No, MoH is not all about the MP, its only became that in recent years because devs/publishers now think that is where the money is.

MoH: Allied Assault, its two expansions and MoH Pacific Assault all had expansive and engrossing SP campaigns. So much so that I can categorically state that MoH:AA probably had the best SP campaign of any WW2 FPS I have ever played.

Its only since the MoH: Airborne abomination that EA has started to churn out shitty SP campaigns.

Its amazing how short some peoples' memories are.

This is the point I was some what less angrily making. I hold no ill will towards EA. They make BF and I like BF, but when I heard MoH was coming out I was psyched because MoH:AA is the bible of WWII SP's and I think war FPS games in general. Instead of a true successor I find out through videos and gameplay it's just another typical MP shooter. Cool I guess..but I'm just not that interested.

Somebody keeps noting CoD is the sequel to MoH:AA. I have no idea if thats true, but I'll agree the 1st CoD had some pretty good war buff moments like the Stalingrad storyline. The other CoD's haven't interested me and just don't have the heart of the first one. It's like saying all the offspring of guitroo hero and rockband were somehow uniquely different games.
 
Somebody keeps noting CoD is the sequel to MoH:AA. I have no idea if thats true, .

Some of the team of developers got together and left the MOH team and formed IW and made COD.

I loved that game too. It was my favorite. PC only game!
 
I'm still wondering when the [H] got filled with a bunch of whiney ass 12 year olds... if you bought this on release day, without seeing reviews first, your'e an idiot.

The "modern warfare" thing has been done to death now, just like World War II was right after MOH:AA was released. There are just no creative ideas left to make it worthwhile to play these things, I'm surprised this MOH was even made what with EA also having BF:BC2 which is actually a good game. Kinda seems stupid to cut into their own sales.

But seriously folks, save release day purchases for Devs that deserve them, like Bioware.
 
This really makes me sad as someone who has been this series since day one on both the consoles and the PC and have been a huge fan of it.
 
Not really suprising. From day one, when I saw the videos of multiplayer, I could tell that the game was just a COD clone. Do not even like COD so this goes straight to the not buy list for me.

Its really surprising that execs get such a hard on from copying. Seems like the probability of a positive ROI is lower than if you step outside of the box.
 
Why is it that all the apologists always use this as an excuse for pathetically short SP games?!

No, MoH is not all about the MP, its only became that in recent years because devs/publishers now think that is where the money is.

MoH: Allied Assault, its two expansions and MoH Pacific Assault all had expansive and engrossing SP campaigns. So much so that I can categorically state that MoH:AA probably had the best SP campaign of any WW2 FPS I have ever played.

Its only since the MoH: Airborne abomination that EA has started to churn out shitty SP campaigns.

Its amazing how short some peoples' memories are.



Personally i would rank Airborne above pacific assault. Pacific assault had so many annoying flaws with the ai and the fact that the game wasn't even what it was supposed to be. Ea released these tech demos showing PA footage and the game was supposed to let you have almost free control of where you went on the island, when the game came out though it was just a linear corridor shooter with no free roaming whatsoever.

It was never explained what happened but the rumour was that the game got too complicated letting players roam around so it ended up that work on that version was shitcanned and they made a new version where you were funnelled down corridors surrounded by trees. Then they copied ideas from brothers in arms with the supposed squad control system which really didn't affect the gameplay in anyway, that system was literally tacked onto the game a couple of months before it went gold. The squad ai was also incredibly dumb, i lost count of how many times a japanese soldier would be stabbing me with my squad standing literally feet away with drool coming from their mouths.

This is the video that was release talking about how you could basically trot around anywhere

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/tech-video-moh-pacific/2162

Then you had this BS from ea telling us how the game played different "everytime", even though after playing the demo a couple of times it was obvious it was heavily scripted. The ai didn't fare much better as they seemed to charge you at the drop of a hat more times than not.

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/walkthrough-moh-pacific/2166

Airborne had its flaws but the airdrop made it somewhat interesting, Pacific Assault was meant to be so much more than that final product.
 
Back
Top