Just got the Corsair K90 keyboard

Rizen

[H]F Junkie
Just received a Corsair K90 keyboard for Christmas this year. I just got home from my parents house, so I just installed the Corsair mechanical keyboard. The K90 is really nice. It's quieter than my last mechanical keyboard (ABS M1 mechanical, cheaper $60 mechanical), and though the switches feel like they take less effort, they still feel solid. The few keys that are membrane instead of solid are noticeable, but for gaming and general purpose typing I don't see this being a big concern or bothering me. It would be nice if they had done the home block (Insert/Delete/Home/End/PgUp/PgDwn) but it's not a deal bracker. I like the backlighting as well. It's not nearly as obnoxiously bright as the blue LED on my ABS M1.

Going to go install the driver software now. I'm not sure if I'll take advantage of the macros on the keyboard, but we'll see if I can find a use for them :)

Anyone else here have one of these? Thoughts?

I got one shortly after they came out and I love it. I got it because it has the red switches which require the least amount of pressure and because it has dedicated media keys and macro keys.

The only thing I don't like about the K90 is that not all of the keys are mechanical, but I knew this when I bought it and I am still glad I did. It is still the only keyboard with red switches that has dedicated media keys and macro keys. And really I don't use the other keys enough for it to bother me, although I still would consider getting another keyboard if they made one with all of those features and all the keys were mechanical.
I guess there is also the stuck key bug. It doesn't happen very often, but every month or so it happens to me. The key isn't physically being pressed, but it sends over a signal like it is being held down.

I never liked wrist rests before but I love the K90's wrist rest. It is very comfortable.

I use the macros in games but I also use them for launching programs. One launches my web browser, another music player, another the calculator. I have one do a paste-enter and another do a home-refresh so I can refresh a page and scroll to the top of the page with one keypress.

The Corsair software that controls the macros isn't as good as Logitech's but it is decent. It would be nice if you could use the macro keys to run scripts and do mouse movement and clicks like you can with Logitech keyboards.

For the features I want this is the only keyboard that has them all, and it exceeds my expectations in a lot of ways. But there are still some things that could be better. If I had to rate it I would give it a 9/10.

I got the K60 recently and I'm not sure if I like it. The keys feel incredibly high to me

I have it as well, replaced my old Logitech G15 with it. I haven't looked back since. While the software isn't quite as polished as Logitechs, it is pretty darn close. Also since Logitech seems intent on neutering their G line by reducing the number of Gkeys from 18 on even the high end models, this one having 18 was a huge plus. I don't mind the membrane for those keys given I am only tapping them here and there with my pinky, though I wish they had set those keys at the same height as the rest. So the height of the membrane keys would be my only gripe and that is a trivial one.

I never liked wrist rests before but I love the K90's wrist rest. It is very comfortable.
Same here. I work at home and I am on the computer almost all day, so it's nice to have a keyboard with this feature. I use this keyboard only for my gaming right now, but I might have to pick up another for the work PC... although for that computer I might try to find something that has a full mechanical layout, as I do use the home keys a fair amount for work.

I use the macros in games but I also use them for launching programs. One launches my web browser, another music player, another the calculator. I have one do a paste-enter and another do a home-refresh so I can refresh a page and scroll to the top of the page with one keypress.
I hadn't thought of that, that's an amazing idea. Thanks for this.

After some getting used to, I LOVE the k60. Actually has helped me in FPS gameplay with half press actuation of keys. I want the K90 really badly, but I use a pullout tray :mad:

Back