Just got a gamepad

Quartz-1

Supreme [H]ardness
Since a trackball sucks for FPS games like BL2 I've got myself a gamepad - a Razer Onza.

But I found myself uncomfortable in BL2 with it. Can [H]ers please suggest a game suitable for becoming comfortable with it - preferably on Steam?

Dark souls was made for gamepad

Basically, anything that doesn't require precise twitch aiming. Racing games etc

Dark souls was made for gamepad

Basically, anything that doesn't require precise twitch aiming. Racing games etc

This. Gamepads are great for Assassins Creed series as well, adventure type games, driving.

FPS, Borderlands style... might as well console your brains out natively... The reason to play these on PC is for Mouse/KB awesomeness.

But I go back a bit in my gaming days.

Cheers. :cool:

I don't know anyone here that will recommend a gamepad for any FPS game. Gamepads are at home in 3rd person games, side scrollers, racers, and sometimes flyers.

If you were having issues with a trackball, you should've just gotten a regular mouse.

Borderlands 2 is a pretty casual game though, so it doesn't really matter if you use a gamepad.

I take it you mean regular mice. Try a couple of vertical mice before you jump on the lame gamepad bandwagon. They are good for a lot of stuff but not FPS.

Unfortunately, I've had twinges in my hands so mice are forbidden fruit. No mice, ever again.

So smashing buttons and contorting your hands to a gamepad is better than resting it on a mouse? Twinges you say?

BL2 has terrrrible controller implementation (so if you do "local co-op" get multiple other devices). It's just weird, most console games have some kind of autoaim, but way more subtle than this. It abruptly snaps to targets at what seems like 300 pixels away and almost hardlocks to them, so you cant easily pull the lock off and go to someone else.

Back