Just got a G500 mouse... what to replace it with?

Adreneline

Limp Gawd
Just bought a G500 mouse, and my first impression was ... wtf? Solder joint fell out of the weight cartridge area after hearing something moving around inside.

I like it though, otherwise. The feel and shape are much needed (even though I like my g9x better, it gave me severe RSI due to claw I'm guessing).

But I've also read reviews that the left click dies in a year and so does the mouse around that time.... so is there actually a product that lasts with my criteria?

Was looking at the M60 from Corsair, but isn't that claw as well? The shape seems bigger so I was wondering if it would help with my RSI.

If the product has a manafacuring flaw (like a percentage of all products do), so is within the (usual) 3 year warranty... Which would also cover a possible 1 year mouse button fatality. The one I have is older than 1 year and has no problems with the left click, and gets used heavily on the other system (not by me) takes constant clickclickclick abuse and is still the same as the day it was bought. It sounds like you got one of the 5% on average of any companies mass manafactured devices that come with some kind of flaw. Just RMA it already, and they will typically just post you a new one whic statistically should likely be free of this issue.

But if the mouse isn't right for you thats an entirely different issue (it's not really right for my hand either). Are there any computer stores near you where you can go and test out different mice and hold them in your hand and see how they feel? They will probably only have wireless/razer mice, but you can at least feel it in your hand and see which one works the best for you.

It works fine just a solder joint popped out the weight cartridge after I heard something shaking in the mouse. It's still fully functional but I'm worried about the longevity.

It feels good. My g9x feels a bit better though in some cases but I just can't tell if the g500 is actually better for my wrist / hand problems.

It doesn't hurt as much but still has lingering pain which is probably from a g9x and bad desk combo for 9 months. It's hard to tell but I have 30 days to return it.

One thing I know for sure is that if I properly claw the g9 it hurts a lot with my wrist bent that way.

Logitech have one of the best costumer services out there. They have even replaced on a couple of occasion mouses of friends which the guaranty had expired. If you have a problem, contact them and they will gladly help.

It's definitely growing on me, I can't stand the G9x's comfort anymore.

Are there any common cons about this mouse?

I have a G500. Got it to replace a failed MX518 which itself was a great mouse. That being said, the G500 is is hands down the best mouse I have used.

I'm very happy with my Logitech G400, but I've only had it for a month or so. We'll see whether it holds up.

I've owned a lot of Logitech stuff...and had lots of it break. Went through three MX310s, two G9x's, and a set of Logitech speakers. Logitech always replaced these things under the warranty, often without asking me to send in the broken item.

Their customer service being so good, I always end up coming back to Logitech. Even though their stuff seems to break a lot, even the more expensive stuff like the G9x that died in less than a year.

I'm probably going to buy a Logitech internally-illuminated keyboard for my next desktop build, just because I know that if it breaks, Logitech will make it right.

Contrast this with Microsoft, who only offer a 90-day warranty on most hardware, yet their prices are similar if not higher.

Back