Just did a Fresh Install and I got no Audio ?????

~ever~

2[H]4U
I just did a fresh install of Windows XP Pro SP2 and First, I got no audio. Its an onboard audio and its activated in the BIOS so I dont see why it wouldnt work or let me install the drivers for it.
Second, It does not see my Western Digital Backup Hard drive. It shows in BIOS but not in Windows.

What can I do ???

I have the following hardware:

P4 3.2ghz
Intel 955x mobo
1GB of Corsair XMS mem
ATI X800XL
Plextor 716SA DVDRW

Is the sound device listed in Device Manager?
Is the Backup drive listed under Disk Management ? (maybe it needs a drive letter assigned)

Try simlifying the setup. Connect a set of headphones, and check the volume (both in windows, and using any physical volume controls). Have you installed the latest drivers? Run a windows update?

As was mentioned about, if the device is not recognized properly in device manager, that usually indicates a driver problem.

dbwillis said:
Is the sound device listed in Device Manager?
Is the Backup drive listed under Disk Management ? (maybe it needs a drive letter assigned)

The Audio device is not listed and or the backup drive :(

For the audio you might try the add add hardware wizzard and, loading them manually. I had to do that with my Nvidia onboard sound.

Is there any 'unknown' devices in device manager?
Im gonna guess the backup drive is USB connected....maybe the chipset drivers havent gotten fully installed?
Try reinstalling them maybe...so the backup drive isnt in device manager and its not in disk management?

In my device manager I have my OfficeJet printer and a "PCI device".....

And my backup drive is a SATA drive

zeplar said:
Ran the Intel Chipset Software Installation Utility?

my thought the whole time.

Juts make sure you got the Chipset drivers installed.
AC97?

Back