just built my 2nd pc..

Fel

Limp Gawd
it powers up fine, all the fans work, but i get no display. the graphics card works for sure since i checked with two different ones. any ideas?

Did you try using the integrated video if it has it?

Did you try both DVI ports?

It should just drop in, you shouldn't need to push much or at all.

EDIT: How do you know you didn't put in the cpu right? Also are any pins bent?

this is pretty frustrating. i guess i did put it in correctly the first time but neglected to do anything with the lever, but now that i use the lever it doesnt seem to do anything at all..

and no pins are bent, first thing i checked

edit- just re-seated the cpu properly and still nothing.

amd or intel CPU?

if it boots up but no post, clear the cmos with the jumper... then try it, if that still doesnt work take the battery out for 10mins or so and then try.

if that doesnt work...... go to bare min specs

CPU 1 fan, 1 stick of RAM , no HDD, no extra GPU or expansion cards of any kind.

it should not be that difficult to get the CPU in and if you put the HSF on with the CPU not seated correctly.... you are screwed b/c you bent the hell out of a bunch of pins.

the fins are fine, i never did anything to bend them.. and i am on bare min, still nothing.

i think the cpu is doa though, i looked in the mobo manual and it said no LED lights mean cpu error.. and i see no leds on the entire motherboard :(

btw, when i recieved the cpu is was out of its box(oem).. damnit newegg, you disappoint me

my buddys swinging by tomorrow and we're going to test a spare cpu he has.. in the meantime any more suggestions are welcome

Just by chance, did you plug in both 4 pin plugs? The one near the top (square) and the flat 4pin next to the graphic card?

no, i didnt plug the molex in.. ive never ever seen that on any motherboard :(. now that i look at the cpu it has a bent pin.. imma try and adjust it back, wish me luck.

just got an RMA for it. thanks for the help guys.

Last edited:
Back