Just bought a wheel and pedal set... best games?

CodeX

2[H]4U
So I got a $100 gift card for christmas to CC and ended up getting the momo wheel for PC. I love it so far, but only have a few games to use with it. I have LFS, TOCA 3, Flatout 2, and Trackmania United. Of those I think TOCA 3 makes the best use of the wheel by far, the force feedback feels much better in it. So I was just wondering what are some other great games I should get for it?

It's hard to track down anymore but debateably the best rally game in existance would have to be Richard Burns Rally. There is a demo out there, which I played and fell in love with ( it's the whole reason I bought my G25 wheel). Check Amazon I got mine through a store selling through then for like 10 bucks shipped. Warning: it's real driving and real physics. it is not arcade-y in any sence of the word.

For more serious rallying stuff I recomend Colin McRae Dirt, for a lot of mental fun try Flatout 2.

yeah, TDU is an awesome game, absolutely no story behind it, but being able to drive around the entire island of Oahu is damn fun.
not to mention you pick up random female models and drive them to random places. i'd recommend this, i like the feel of the cars a lot better than DiRT and the game map is simply gigantic.

Another vote for GTR 2 and GT Legends.
The real deal
Also if you can find Nascar by Papyrus
Many hours on the track

Try the race07 demo and Test Drive Unlimited. TDU is good but it's so unrealistic and will lead to bad habits when you try the more realistic games.

There was some mode in TDU that you unlock after a certain amount of points or something, I forget which, that enabled a realism mode.

Richard burns rally is a must for everyone... Mind you it has a steep learning curve but when you get the hang of it nothing beats it :).

When RBR gets a bit to frustrating then Race 07 is an awesome sim as well that is quite accessible to new comers while still require just as much skill as in GT Legends, GTR 2 to be really fast in.

I didn't read your original post properly. you already have Trackmania, so you've already won.

Just to mirror what someone said above, Flatout 2 is a good arcade style game. You can buy it on Steam as well as Race 07.

you dont race trackmania using a wheel :).

Flatout 2 well wheel is not needed here either but it´s more fun

Need For Speed: Porsche Unleashed is a classic and it supports a wheel/pedals with force feedback too. Definitely a must play!

Theirs always midtown madness 2 if you want to get old school about it, used to be good in MP sometimes, i used to play it back when I had a wheel, along with motor city online, since then nothing has really inspired me enough to get a new wheel since my old one stopped working right, the brake pedal lost half of its sensitivity, and you couldn't make it fully engage, some of the sensitivity on the gas died, the steering wheel stopped working right, and eventually i threw it on the ground in anger.

It was nice while it lasted, it was one of those thrustmaster nascar wheels, I was on my second one since the first one stopped working properly within a week.

Viper racing was also a great game for race wheels, but the only way your going to get that game now adays is possibly on ebay or pirate it.

how does Richard burns rally compare to colin mcrae 2005..

iloved 2005, dirt was ok but a little too arcadey for me (my tires were too sticky)..

all colin mcrae games is pure arcade... Doesn´t have to make them bad but just realize it :).

RBR is about 100h harder and 100h more fun :). In one way it´s easier then say DIRT because the cars behave realistic.

LFS, rFactor, Toca3, GTR2 are my faves.

Not a big fan of race07, something just feels off about it.
DiRT is definitely a great fun arcade rally game, i enjoy that one with the wheel.
Trackmania is definitely best with a joypad, but a great game.

I had a momo up until a week ago, for 2 years, and thought it was great for LFS, but i just upgraded to a G25 and it definitely shines on games like LFS and rFactor.

There is a great Racing Sims for PC thread in the general gaming section maybe a day or two back. You should browse through it. Lots of great input.

So I got a $100 gift card for christmas to CC and ended up getting the momo wheel for PC. I love it so far, but only have a few games to use with it. I have LFS, TOCA 3, Flatout 2, and Trackmania United. Of those I think TOCA 3 makes the best use of the wheel by far, the force feedback feels much better in it. So I was just wondering what are some other great games I should get for it?

Toca 3 eh? Are you CodeX from the NFBS clan? If so, we used to race Toca 3 together all the time...w00t.
If not, who the hell do you think you are playing Toca 3 without me? You got xfire or anything? ub3rnoobee be my name.

I got the Momo wheel for Christmas and put 4 or 5 hours into GTR2 over the next day or two. Must've done 70 or 80 laps of Imola with the C5R. It is a Zen experience when you put together a nice lap.

Race07 demo is the only other thing I've tried with the wheel. The steering/tire/road feel seemed better in that game, but it could've been the car or track I guess.

I doubt I'll bother with the arcade racers.

Thanks for all the replies, and to the post above, try TOCA Racedriver 3. I've now played all the games mentioned in this thread and TOCA 3 is still by far my favorite to play with the wheel.

Toca 3 eh? Are you CodeX from the NFBS clan? If so, we used to race Toca 3 together all the time...w00t.
If not, who the hell do you think you are playing Toca 3 without me? You got xfire or anything? ub3rnoobee be my name.

Nope, not the same guy, and I don't really play online, sorry :(

Anyone remember monster truck madness?! lol that shit was out of control.

Theirs always midtown madness 2 if you want to get old school about it, used to be good in MP sometimes, i used to play it back when I had a wheel, along with motor city online, since then nothing has really inspired me enough to get a new wheel since my old one stopped working right, the brake pedal lost half of its sensitivity, and you couldn't make it fully engage, some of the sensitivity on the gas died, the steering wheel stopped working right, and eventually i threw it on the ground in anger.

It was nice while it lasted, it was one of those thrustmaster nascar wheels, I was on my second one since the first one stopped working properly within a week.

Viper racing was also a great game for race wheels, but the only way your going to get that game now adays is possibly on ebay or pirate it.
Viper Racing. oh, those where the days way back when! then Nascar Heat with all its thousands of mod's. spent hundreds of hours playing those games. wonder if anyone ever plays VR or Heat anymore ...

Viper Racing. oh, those where the days way back when! then Nascar Heat with all its thousands of mod's. spent hundreds of hours playing those games. wonder if anyone ever plays VR or Heat anymore ...

We still play viper racing. There is a yahoo group for it. Also, check out http://members.shaw.ca/nhra/

Viper racing is abandonware now. You can get it for free legally.

hmm. i started a Viper Racing group at Yahoo years ago. wonder its still my group. i think the name i used back then was VonRott69. hmmm

Well there are several Viper Racing yahoo groups. One of them in particular sets up an organized time to race every evening at 6pm est. There is another group which consists of many of the same people from the first that races on Saturdays. And another for Sundays. Main difference between the 3 groups is that the weekday one is arcade, the saturday is sim and the sunday is intermediate, I believe.
They also use custom cars and tracks.

Back