Just bought a Evga Rtx 3070 ti Ftw3 can i run it with my current EVGA 500W bronze power supply for 1080p use

3070ti has a max draw of 290 watts, quick reminder you should only power up to 150 watts PER 8 pin cable (not connector) so use 2 different cables. Some people like 1 cable with both 8 pin connectors. This can cause issues.

Reactions: ncjoe
like this
3070ti has a max draw of 290 watts, quick reminder you should only power up to 150 watts PER 8 pin cable (not connector) so use 2 different cables. Some people like 1 cable with both 8 pin connectors. This can cause issues.
thanks for letting me know i currently only running 1 cable to the gpu i need to go out and get another to be on the safe side

Attachments

• jzjUT4WD.jpg large.jpg
    jzjUT4WD.jpg large.jpg
    477.4 KB · Views: 1
thanks for letting me know i currently only running 1 cable to the gpu i need to go out and get another to be on the safe side
Ya, I had a 6900xt in my VR computer that used a single cable, it ended up melting the plastic shielding and shorting 2 of the PSU cables. Thankfully it just short-shutdown the PSU instead of damaging anything.

Back