John McAfee House Raided Megaupload Style

Why should we feel guilty for living within our means? :rolleyes: :confused:

I knew most people wouldn't understand me... but that is ok.

I am not rich by North American standards(maybe $40k per year and working 55+ hours a week to do that), but I am a millionaire by their standards.

It's just a sad situation. Oh well... I can't change the world, but I'd like to! :D

I knew most people wouldn't understand me... but that is ok.

I am not rich by North American standards(maybe $40k per year and working 55+ hours a week to do that), but I am a millionaire by their standards.

It's just a sad situation. Oh well... I can't change the world, but I'd like to! :D

Don't get me wrong, but it just sounded like the old "if you don't finish all the food on your plate, people in Africa are going to starve!" argument... :). Obviously I, and anyone with any sense of humanity, wish the world could be a better place, but it doesn't do anyone any good to spend a ton of time dwelling on it either :(.

Don't get me wrong, but it just sounded like the old "if you don't finish all the food on your plate, people in Africa are going to starve!" argument... :). Obviously I, and anyone with any sense of humanity, wish the world could be a better place, but it doesn't do anyone any good to spend a ton of time dwelling on it either :(.

The only reason it bothers me so much is(as I mentioned in my first post) my wife and I adopted a little girl from there, and I have a constant reminder of where she could be today! :)

ehhh, this guy seems like a skeez, i wouldn't be at all surprised if he was doing a lot of illegal junk in there...

17 year old girlfriend, and manufacturing of "antibiotics"

riiiiiiight

17 year old girlfriend, and manufacturing of "antibiotics"
riiiiiiight

His current business is an Antibiotics company and he has a research lab at his estate.

http://quorumex.com/content/about-us
QuorumEx Founders
Dr. John McAfee - President & CEO

QuorumEx Facilities

In the summer of 2010, QuorumEx moved its laboratory facilities from San Ignacio, Belize to our alpha production facility near Orange Walk. We expect to begin production of our Topic-QX product in the near future and to have more product announcements soon.

A large percentage of our work is done in the field. We have extensive greenhouse facilities on the island of Ambergris, and field stations along the banks of the New River.

The only illegal thing the "authorities" are still claiming he might be guilty of is producing antibiotics without a license.

A 30 man Gang unit raid for an antibiotic license violation.

It really does look like a vendetta from a corrupt official who didn't get his political "donation".

I hate to turn this conversation on Americans but do keep in mind that you guys are just as poor an don't know it yet apparently. I'm Belizean and it's not quite what people are making it out to be.

Back on topic, it's not the first time McAffee has been in the news in BZ. I don't think it was a vendetta for lack of bribery but I'm pretty sure it was cause he pissed someone off. The guy has a dark cloud surrounding him.

wow a 17 year old girl and he is packing like he is about to play mw3 in the real world lol

John McAfee has always been an odd guy but this latest story about a raid on his home in Belize is bizarre...even for him.
Simultaneously the houses on the premises were cleared, one of which was serving as a laboratory. Present on the premises at the time were John McAfee, his girlfriend who is a 17 year old Belizean minor, and five security guards. During the search ten firearms - seven 12 gauge pump action shotguns, one 12 gauge single action shotgun, one Taurus 9mm pistol and one 9MM CZ pistol - were found. Five air rifles with scopes resembling sniper rifles that use 6.26 mm slugs were also found and two hundred and seventy 12 gauge cartridges, thirty 9 mm rounds and twenty .38 rounds.
So it sounds like he was afraid of big brother ...and rightfully so. They raided his house, murdered his dog and confiscated his passport and trumped up some weapons charges. Same corrupt thing going on in Mexico. Mexico can get bent.

Every time I look at my little adopted girl (from Belize and Mayan) I vow that I will try in whatever way possible to help those kids some day. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but I've promised her(and myself) I would.
...or people in impoverished countries could stop making babies and use the money saved to improve their family's lives...

Trying to use antibiotics on virii, no wonder it never worked. Did you guys know he lost much of his fortune in the housing crash? I thought that was kinda funny, saw some special on the economic crash and he was interviewed. Could have just sat it all in the bank and been fine.

Trying to use antibiotics on virii, no wonder it never worked. Did you guys know he lost much of his fortune in the housing crash? I thought that was kinda funny, saw some special on the economic crash and he was interviewed. Could have just sat it all in the bank and been fine.

"Virii" is not a word. It's just "viruses". ;)

:D

Back