Job termination suggestion

tegirinenashi

Limp Gawd
So OK, 300 series MB is not compatible with 200. However, who did invent this awkward naming scheme? I read the processor socket support 1151, I read 1151 on motherboard, buy them, and now I learn that this combination won't work? Why don't they just bumped the socket number for 8th gen? 1152 sounds like a good candidate.

To me this looks like gross incompetence. Did intel fire those responsible for this "series 200/300" naming scheme mess?

Last edited:
Not defending Intel, but the socket number you cite is simply the number of contact points, not a revision number. They have the same. Many were previously reserved, but are now defined.

Intentional market segmentation and opaque obfuscation, welcome to intel SOP. It is informally(?) referred to as 1151v2.

Are you ready to be more annoyed? Coffee lake actually can be made to run in some 1xx and 2xx boards with a little modding and bios prodding.

Its like when department stores make you walk through a maze of women's purses, shoes, and makeup before you can finally get through to the mens underwear section.

They like obfuscation, to quote Aluminum above.

I wonder if that has anything to do with why traditional department stores are failing?

Back