I have ordered a SATA II 3 Gb/s HDD and I obviously want it to run full speed on my board, which is an Asus P5DV2-X.
There are two 'normal' SATA ports that support 1.5 Gb/s and one Jmicron JMB363 which is the one that is supposed to support 3Gb/s, however it is marked SATA_RAID1 as you can have a RAID setup with this port and an external one.
I don't intend to do a RAID setup, so.......
Do I just plug my SATA II into this port, and make sure the BIOS is set to [IDE] not [RAID]?.
or
Do I change the jumper on the HDD, plug it into one of the slower ports?.
Please let me know if this post should be in 'motherboards' rather than 'disk storage systems'...I wasn't sure which category this problem fell into.
There are two 'normal' SATA ports that support 1.5 Gb/s and one Jmicron JMB363 which is the one that is supposed to support 3Gb/s, however it is marked SATA_RAID1 as you can have a RAID setup with this port and an external one.
I don't intend to do a RAID setup, so.......
Do I just plug my SATA II into this port, and make sure the BIOS is set to [IDE] not [RAID]?.
or
Do I change the jumper on the HDD, plug it into one of the slower ports?.
Please let me know if this post should be in 'motherboards' rather than 'disk storage systems'...I wasn't sure which category this problem fell into.