Jim Balsillie Has Left RIM’s Board of Directors

HardOCP News

[H] News
Okay, everyone play along and act totally surprised by this announcement. ;)

In a statement, Balsillie said simply: "As I complete my retirement from RIM, I'm grateful for this remarkable experience and for the opportunity to have worked with outstanding professionals who helped turn a Canadian idea into a global success." RIM also confirmed that CTO David Yach would be retiring as well, and that COO Jim Rowan as "decided to pursue other interests," but it hasn't offered any indication of a broader shakeup beyond those three departures.

RIM - A lesson in arrogance and throwing it all away. Nokia same, just has more resources to burn through... So it takes a little longer...

RIM did this to themselves when they caved into the Saudi and Indian governments to open up their encrypted communications servers so those respective countries could use them to spy on their citizens on their networks. The ensuing fallout hasn't stopped yet. Coupled with their lackluster showing of technology and handhelds, the bleeding will continue. They have lost their vision, they have lost their integrity, they have lost their will to stay current and innovative and survive. Time will tell how soon they will fall if they don't fix it.

Back