Jensen Huang Discussing the Future of AI and NVIDIA

His choice of outerwear may be questionable or the subject of great scrutiny, however, I often wonder why he doesn't wear any different styles, colors or cuts...I mean it's not like he has a strict leather budget or anything :)

As a wearer of multiple leather jackets, I'm offended that people pay so much attention to jensun's attire...
This man lives rent free in so many people's heads because of that jacket. Honestly, it's awe inspiring.
His choice of outerwear may be questionable or the subject of great scrutiny, however, I often wonder why he doesn't wear any different styles, colors or cuts...I mean it's not like he has a strict leather budget or anything :)
Same as above, he likely wears it to live rent free in people's heads.

See: Steve Jobs. It's just part of his brand. Bill Gates famously wears the same Casio Duro Quartz dive-watch every year. Watch stops working, he buys another one. Retail about $60 bucks on sale.

Last edited:
As a wearer of multiple leather jackets, I'm offended that people pay so much attention to jensun's attire...
Yes, but do you only wear leather jackets, or ...?

Also, I love how this thread has devolved into discussing leather jackets. I guess that was my fault for bringing it up. 😅

Duh. The leather jacket is what gives him his super powers. Without it, Jensen is an ordinary human.

Duh. The leather jacket is what gives him his super powers. Without it, Jensen is an ordinary human.

What if be never takes it off because it's fused with him at this point like the nanosuit in Crysis

1 million times faster? In what? Better up the memory some then. Anyways the interview was upbeat, thought Jensen smoke something as well. Like to know if Nvidia chips will be solely or mostly AI designed 👴, hardware being designed and simulated before being put out.

1 million times faster? In what? Better up the memory some then. Anyways the interview was upbeat, thought Jensen smoke something as well. Like to know if Nvidia chips will be solely or mostly AI designed 👴, hardware being designed and simulated before being put out.
That's not what he said. He said in the last 10 years, they've reduced the cost of computing by 1 million times. He said that in the first 15 seconds. The thumbnail is clickbait, but the content is pretty good. Did you even watch the video?

Well developing a system capable of simultaneously learning and adapting would be one hell of a way to dominate the market. Most of Nvidia’s competitors are either building their own chips to inference the trained models and some others are building training systems to have that run on yet another chip for inferencing. But one system that does both removing training time from the loop entirely would be one hell of an accomplishment.

If Nvidia could quadruple their transfer speeds I wonder what the viability of running a central bank of GDDR and have all the cards work from there in real time instead of the data distribution methods currently employed.

That's not what he said. He said in the last 10 years, they've reduced the cost of computing by 1 million times. He said that in the first 15 seconds. The thumbnail is clickbait, but the content is pretty good. Did you even watch the video?
If you watch the video from where that clip starts that’s not immediately clear.

Well developing a system capable of simultaneously learning and adapting would be one hell of a way to dominate the market. Most of Nvidia’s competitors are either building their own chips to inference the trained models and some others are building training systems to have that run on yet another chip for inferencing. But one system that does both removing training time from the loop entirely would be one hell of an accomplishment.

If Nvidia could quadruple their transfer speeds I wonder what the viability of running a central bank of GDDR and have all the cards work from there in real time instead of the data distribution methods currently employed.
I'm definitely eager to see if this is all fluff or if NVIDIA has some serious AI stuff in the works.

I'm definitely eager to see if this is all fluff or if NVIDIA has some serious AI stuff in the works.
I mean, it wouldn't surprise me if they do. nVidia has been beating the "AI" drum since before the marketing buzzword became "AI". They've been working on and pushing machine learning for a long time now. Well these days, it is paying off in spades so no surprise they'd continue on that path.

He also said : In the next 10 years, we will increase the computational capability for deep learning by another millions time

That prediction assume in part that there will be just so much more hardware dedicated to it (if all cpus in phone,laptop, desktop, watch, smarttv, cars etc... continue the current trend of having npus/gpus in them it will not just be from datacenter), not just that the future hardware will be much faster, like 200x time faster (a lot of it because of software, strategy, tricks not just raw hardware), 500 time more of it type.

Last edited:
He also said : In the next 10 years, we will increase the computational capability for deep learning by another millions time

That prediction assume in part that there will be just so much more hardware dedicated to it (if all cpus in phone,laptop, desktop, watch, smarttv, cars etc... continue the current trend of having npus/gpus in them it will not just be from datacenter), not just that the future hardware will be much faster, like 200x time faster (a lot of it because of software), 500 time more of it type.
Well there do exist AI models that take months to train but the algorithm it completes can be run on a 5w SBC. Find. Way to significantly cut down that training time and those sorts of numbers make for great presentation math. I’m that it’s technically correct so it’s not false advertising but only correct in a specific sense or context.

This man lives rent free in so many people's heads because of that jacket. Honestly, it's awe inspiring.
I don't believe anyone is actually bothered by his jacket, it's just fun to make fun of.
Those who comment on his jacket however do live rent free in the heads of people who are offended by said jacket comments.

I don't believe anyone is actually bothered by his jacket, it's just fun to make fun of.
Those who comment on his jacket however do live rent free in the heads of people who are offended by said jacket comments.
Mt comment offended you that much?

Back