Japanese Hologram Rocks Sold Out Concert

Wait...Isn't this what the plot of one of the Macross movies was about?

I have to think the tabloids would hate this. Since the "performers" would be pre-rendered and their appearance and behavior strictly controlled,there wouldn't be any "wardrobe malfunctions",onstage antics,or pantyless partying. Hell,the Enquirer would go out of business!

Maybe some "hackers" can make "unauthorized changes" to her dance routine...The future of "wardrobe malfunctions"!

Not like you couldn't just download some Hatsune Miku hentai. Why go with some wardrobe malfunctions and just go full blown hardcore sex acts instead.

Oh, I don't mean that I am interested in seeing it. What I was saying is that her official handlers could blame hackers for any rated R materials that "accidentally" slip into a routine on stage to drum up attention / controversy / etc similar to what happened during the fully intentional "wardrobe malfunction".

So, when can we have Sharon Apple?

i wish the forums could allow the upvote of comments. Macross Plus was the shit. Hands down one of the 3 best written anime films ever made.

i did also think idoru though. William Gibson is also the shit.

What cracks me up is the Japanese crowds you see in concerts are always so robotic. They do the same near synchronized hand wave.

I'm still LOL'ing HARD reading those posts bashing this.

Anyway, regarding the "lack of misery" from Miku's songs. Well it just so happens that they didn't include it in the concert line-up but there are "miserable" songs out there. The Black Rock Shooter song is essentially a "my best friend misunderstood and now she doesn't talk to me anymore and I don't know what to do but I'll try my best" kind of song. XD

@RAD: Are you pertaining to Macross Frontier: The False Songstress? Or to Macross in general?

Was it just me or were there a few glowsticks that were in the shape of leeks, a la leekspin? I mean, a few people had two glowsticks in one hand that made a V, but there was a few flashes of leek shaped glowsticks...:eek:

Sorry for double posting, but forgot to add that Megumi Nakajima, the voice for Ranka Lee (one of the "idol singers" in Macross Frontier) supplied her voice for one of the Vocaloid2 voice files.

Was it just me or were there a few glowsticks that were in the shape of leeks, a la leekspin? I mean, a few people had two glowsticks in one hand that made a V, but there was a few flashes of leek shaped glowsticks...:eek:

Miku is associated with leek. The other voices for example have their respective items (mostly vegetables) too.

GUMI (the mascot for the Megpoid voice files) has carrots.
Gakupo (based on GACKT) has eggplants.

Others have fried chicken, apples as their "items"

Of course you have to have Miku and the leeks.

Miku_figma_AB_5.jpg

Miku is associated with leek. The other voices for example have their respective items (mostly vegetables) too.

GUMI (the mascot for the Megpoid voice files) has carrots.
Gakupo (based on GACKT) has eggplants.

Others have fried chicken, apples as their "items"

Of course you have to have Miku and the leeks.

Hahaha that's awesome! <3 Japan

Omg... my roommate has that character on his desktop background.

I always wondered where she's from.

Ok, again, this is ridiculous because a pre-rendered animation is being treated as a person. Fact.
...and that's ridiculous because? She's not taking anyone's job, man. She's not going to be your new wife. She's entertainment for some anime lovers.

No people evolved to treat pre-rendered 3D images as people or as an idol. Fact.
These people here are doing that. Fact.
That sounds eerily like the 2nd commandment. You're upset that she...came from 'us'? Is that what you're saying? That we humans 'gave birth' to her and that she should not be idolized in place of her creators. Ok...kinda hardcore don't you think? :(

While I can imagine in the future a dynamic AI, with some advanced sensory interface will become an entertainment icon, this is not that. I have no clue what you're prattling on about sex, male, female, w/e, that has no application to anything I've said.

You have no idea because you bravely internet white knighted yourself up and defended a guy I was talking to. You discarded what you wanted to from his posts that I replied to. Took what you liked and replied to me, again, discarding everything else. (His mentioning of the Japanese wanting to have sex with anime characters due to idolization etc.)

With that said, my original point was, for anyone to treat this as anything more then animation is ridiculous. From the video, it looks like people in the audience aren't just looking at an animation. There in lies the problem. Also the absurdity. If you do not realize this ridiculous on the level of mankind, then my words are wasted.

Now we're getting to the meat. Ok, first off who are you to claim what's ridiculous and absurd in such a matter-of-fact type of tone? You have no 'IMO' or 'IMHO' you're talking like 'THIS IS RIDICULOUS! THIS IS ABSURD! IF YOU CAN'T SEE THAT THEN YOU ARE LOST' It's a damn anime show, man! This isn't a discussion on the life of Christ. It's some odd thousand people waving glow sticks and singing to some anime kids. (They had other female singers and even a boy anime kid duetting, too, I've heard.)

Nothing I've said is about bashing a culture, a people, a race, it's about how ridiculous this is. But I guess if you took what I said and applied it to the Japanese culture (as the audience is a part of that culture) then you might surmise the culture has warped into some bizarre social construct as to allow people to blur the lines of reality.

Yea, man. You can't call hundreds? (Thousands?) of fans ridiculous and absurd in their decision to go to that event and then say that you're not bashing them. I'd still like to know how the entire culture has warped bizarre social constucts that allow them to blur the lines of reality...over a single show that only the most hardcore anime fans/dance fans/J-music fans went to.

Sure the culture might be different, but hey, I guess sacrificing people is fine, why not allow polygamy? Incest? Marrying your daughters? All cultural trends. Where's the line drawn? For me this is approaching a perversion on equal magnitude to the above, and is only to the detriment of that society. Of course it is a "victimless" perversion, but it may also develop into some sort of pacifier cultural behavior to replace normal human social interation/skills/everything else I can't think of on the spot.

Wow. You're taking this dancing anime girl way way too seriously Mr. Visionary. We're suddenly going to start sucking in every other country's cultural trends because of a dancing/singing anime girl from a concert that didn't even happen in America?

Now, before you get your suspenders all up in a huff, try to think about how I am not trying to engage you in an argument, and how I am exploring the negative implications of such concerts and all branching forms of media. (Defending things is fine, but just make sure you're approaching the argument from all angles, not just one.)

Yes, yes. Insinuate that I'm the bad guy here with my raging temper and frothing at the mouth antics about suspenders in a huff and other remarks to that nature... Sir. Hello? Sir! I'm perfectly calm at my keyboard, sir. What I was (and am even more so now that I'm on the same message board as a praise-be-to-God visionary) demonstrating was confusion and if there were any caps/italics/bold it was to convey my conviction. I'm not over her smashing my mouse against the desk because someone has a different point of view than me.

That said, you've taken Miku Hatsune way way WAY too seriously. You're 2 minutes away from breaking down into a full psychological debate about the human condition and complexities and boundaries of acceptable behavior concerning A DANCING/SINGING ANIME GIRL.

Yea, man. You win. I can't hang with this any more... :eek:

I use Nanami Madobe as one of my backgrounds. Nanami Madobe, aka Windows 7-tan.

My_Nanami_Madobe_Wallpaper_by_HentaiZZZ.png

I love Japanese culture.

What cracks me up is the Japanese crowds you see in concerts are always so robotic. They do the same near synchronized hand wave.

People do that at concerts in the US too....

There's music playing, it has a beat, people fist pump in time with the beat = synchronized.

Not that uncommon/weird.

Wow. You're taking this dancing anime girl way way too seriously Mr. Visionary. We're suddenly going to start sucking in every other country's cultural trends because of a dancing/singing anime girl from a concert that didn't even happen in America?

Just an FYI, Hatsune Miku has had 3 concerts in the US. Twice in San Francisco and once in New York City. They weren't the holographic concerts though. Just a projection onto a screen.

Agreed, not weird at all. I go to many concerts and it is valid in ALL genres. Human nature.

Just an FYI, Hatsune Miku has had 3 concerts in the US. Twice in San Francisco and once in New York City. They weren't the holographic concerts though. Just a projection onto a screen.

Huh?

Is this flat, so no matter what way you look you're seeing the same picture. Or is it completely 3D?

It's just projected onto glass. You can see it well here at the start and at 2:40.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2egumdBwsg&feature=related

The Japanese get way more crazy. You'll have some that randomly way, you have the chants, you have others who do all the dances, etc.

wotagei. I do the same thing at when I go to a Momusu or Berryz concert. I still have yet to go to a C-ute or S/Mileage concert though.

Thats it. American technology officially sucks. I'm learning japanese, moving to japan, find a cute ass japanese girl to boink and live the high life of technology

If you guys want to see the extreme end of otaku and idol/figurine fetish, look no further than Danny Choo. I simply can't understand it. In his defense though, he probably makes a killing off the popularity of his website, and he has cool Stormtrooper dance videos. (e.g. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7X9MQi7uOU)

Ok, again, this is ridiculous because a pre-rendered animation is being treated as a person. Fact.
No people evolved to treat pre-rendered 3D images as people or as an idol. Fact.
These people here are doing that. Fact.

While I can imagine in the future a dynamic AI, with some advanced sensory interface will become an entertainment icon, this is not that.
I have no clue what you're prattling on about sex, male, female, w/e, that has no application to anything I've said.

With that said, my original point was, for anyone to treat this as anything more then animation is ridiculous. From the video, it looks like people in the audience aren't just looking at an animation. There in lies the problem. Also the absurdity. If you do not realize this ridiculous on the level of mankind, then my words are wasted.

Nothing I've said is about bashing a culture, a people, a race, it's about how ridiculous this is. But I guess if you took what I said and applied it to the Japanese culture (as the audience is a part of that culture) then you might surmise the culture has warped into some bizarre social construct as to allow people to blur the lines of reality.

Sure the culture might be different, but hey, I guess sacrificing people is fine, why not allow polygamy? Incest? Marrying your daughters? All cultural trends. Where's the line drawn? For me this is approaching a perversion on equal magnitude to the above, and is only to the detriment of that society. Of course it is a "victimless" perversion, but it may also develop into some sort of pacifier cultural behavior to replace normal human social interation/skills/everything else I can't think of on the spot.

Now, before you get your suspenders all up in a huff, try to think about how I am not trying to engage you in an argument, and how I am exploring the negative implications of such concerts and all branching forms of media. (Defending things is fine, but just make sure you're approaching the argument from all angles, not just one)

ahh, classic implementation of the filibuster.

see people, this is how its done. no matter what anyone says, what reasonable opinion they might have, you just ignore it.

thats the way beck and bill o does it after all right?

no matter what anyone says to this guy, it wont matter, so dont feed him more fodder. its just a waste of your time.

AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME!!!!!!!

Great time to be living. Seeing all this technology TAKE OFF...

Wondeful, Just ABSOLUTLY WONDERFUL! :D

No way would you find me punching my fists in the air to a 3D cartoon on stage singing shitty music. And what is with the Japanese and their love for young female anime cartoons showing their knickers?
I bought a Japanese RPG for the PS3 called Star Ocean and it has a similar female anime character in it.

The Japanese get way more crazy. You'll have some that randomly way, you have the chants, you have others who do all the dances, etc.

wotagei. I do the same thing at when I go to a Momusu or Berryz concert. I still have yet to go to a C-ute or S/Mileage concert though.

Berryz Koubou???

No way would you find me punching my fists in the air to a 3D cartoon on stage singing shitty music. And what is with the Japanese and their love for young female anime cartoons showing their knickers?
I bought a Japanese RPG for the PS3 called Star Ocean and it has a similar female anime character in it.

It's Zettai Ryouiki, or "Absolute Territory". :p

WOW that sounded absolutely horrifically heartless, soulless and balls-less, but what a fun way to replace a bunch of annoying "musical artists".

I loved the droning audience; now everyone gets a glow light, stab in synchronicity into the air and hear your brain peel away.

Anyway I am all for holographic pop stars, there wont be much scandals and upskirt but then there will be fan made animations :D

Back