Jail Sentence For YouTube Pranksters

HardOCP News

[H] News
Although you might think your YouTube stunts are funny, you might want to check with your local law enforcement officials ahead of time to see if they are legal. No worries, I'm sure these guys are going to be just fine in jail. :D

"The hoaxes may have seemed harmless to them, but they caused genuine distress to a number of members of the public, who should be able to go about their daily business without being put in fear in this way. "We hope these convictions send a strong message that unlawful activities such as these will not be tolerated in London," said Robert Short, of the Crown Prosecution Service.

Pranks are mostly fun and games. Just should be aware of when you take things too far especially in public settings.

I was thinking stupid pranks like saying a ufo is there or supposedly launching a child in the air, but these aren't really pranks.... a fake robbery? you shittin me?

The only pranks I love to watch are the ones that involve baiting thieves. The whole "Bike secured by fishing line" or "explosive whip cream in a stolen purse" are great.

Elaborate practical jokes are intriguing, but ultimately not as entertaining.

Pranks are mostly fun and games. Just should be aware of when you take things too far especially in public settings.

A lot of the things that people on YouTube call "pranks" are just being rude to unsuspecting people, although some have gone as far as sexual assault in the past. The majority of the viewers they play to are very young and even "pranks" that backfire on the people running them still get posted and receive a bunch of hits. The bar is sub America's Funniest Home Videos level juvenile. I am in no way surprised that someone's done something bad enough to be arrested.

5 months in prison for a prank is a little excessive. I get it, they're fucking morons, but these are non-violent offences and their debt to society should be paid through fines and community service as opposed to incarceration.

I like the videos where the pranksters get KTFO. Those are definitely the best.

So what they rob a place and then bring the stuff back saying "just kidding"? Is that what they mean by fake robbery?
Reading that article and not actually watching any of their videos it sounds likes they weren't really pranks that they were doing. No more than pushing somebody off a cruise ship is a prank.

5 months in prison for a prank is a little excessive. I get it, they're fucking morons, but these are non-violent offences and their debt to society should be paid through fines and community service as opposed to incarceration.

Their offenses were, in fact, violent. They got people hurt. The fake art heist caused a stampede, people got trampled.

I think it's one thing to prank people you know, but to prank people that you don't know... you're looking for trouble. These idiots got what they deserved. Good luck finding a job when the employer runs a background check on their ass and see prison time and stumble on their youtube channel.

Picture is worth a thousand words...

upload_2016-5-17_7-22-13.png

5 months in jail is not a good penalty, a good community service for 2 months while staying in a nursing home would be better. Grow up and get real. Pranks are fun but this crosses the line when you cause public hysteria.

I've seen Youtube "pranks" that involved faking a terrorist attack (some buy dressed up in stereotypical Muslim garb, chanting loudly, drops a smoking backpack on the ground in the middle of a crowd and runs away). I have zero sympathy for these asshats.

Back