J&R case sales (and other things)

Megalomaniac

2[H]4U
J&R seemed to kick off some promo deals with a lot of free ground shipping on 2/03

Here for example a P183 V3 (which didn't come in yet) for 129.
"http://www.jr(INSERT DOT HERE) com/antec/pe/ANT_P183V3/"

check out a lot of other deals. I was just looking around yesterday and found a lot of things cheaper than newegg or amazon.

J&R often also sells through Amazon.com. I just got a CM690 II Advanced that way as even without free shipping it was cheaper than anywhere else (except that WonderElectronics with pisspoor ratings I wouldn't risk a purchase with).

Yeah, I know about the backorders, but I did call them an they did say that the items are being ordered. Some items are also a special order, so they will order them once you place the order. Just call them and find out what the deal is. I mean, really, if it saves you 50 bucks (like in the case of the P183 V3) why would you not? J&R is at least reputable and you can pay through Amazon.

I don't think this will be as bad as the people who ordered the XFX 5850 from amazon for 250 and waited for 3-5 months while amazon did not do anything. But who knows, nothing to loose right now if you're in no rush, and you could save a nice bundle.

Last edited:
I've been using and loving the antec 300 but I need something bigger now. Can anybody recommend one - I need to use my J&R gift cards.

Don't want something super huge just that can hold 6-8 hard drives and a top end video card.

The one the op listed seems good but does all that sound dampening trap heat?

And I'm confused does it have front USB 3.0 or 2.0? J&R lists 2.0 but a review says 3.0

Last edited:
Well I bit thanks op. Made a telephone order - should be V3 with the front USB 3.0 instead of the eSATA even though they have the old description listed.

I mean, really, if it saves you 50 bucks (like in the case of the P183 V3) why would you not? J&R is at least reputable and you can pay through Amazon..

I agree, that just isn't the typical routine and I didn't know that until you mentioned it. I thought it was no stock equals no delivery with that price at least.

I ordered the P183 v3. I don't need it right away, but it said ships in 3-4 days when I did. Hopefully it'll ship next week.

This. Why? Be nice if the link could redirect to an internal post that says why.

found this from the rules:
MajorDomo said:
Whenever you post a [freebie item], make sure you uncheck the box by "Automatically parse URLs: automatically adds [url} and [/url] around internet addresses." so that people have to cut-and-paste the address to visit the deal's link. This is so that it doesn't appear to the site that all the deal exploiters are coming from the [H].

More specifically--so that hardforum.com isn't seen as the referrer to the deal's page.

Remember--if you want these deals to last longer, don't give people clickable links.

You're talking about something different. That rule you quoted is designed for free items or extremely cheap/limited supply items. Sometimes a website will have an item priced so low that they will have an "oh crap" moment once a ton of people buy it. The purpose of that rule is to try to avoid the appearance that 1,000 purchases came from hardforum, for example. The hope is that the website might be more likely to honor those purchases if they think they're coming from random people rather than cancel the orders if they think they're coming from a deal site.
So, the rule suggests avoiding clickable URLs. So http://www.amazon.com/ looks instead like http://www.amazon.com/

Those situations are rare, rather than the rule. In fact, most of the time, Kyle wants a web store to know a bunch of links are coming from hardforum so that the web store might advertise here or offer another special arrangement.

The problem here is that J and R dot com is being actively censored by the forum software. http://www.+++++++/ This usually happens when Kyle gets pissed off at a website for some reason and wants to block any links to that website.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
more on topic,

My P183 V3 should arrive today. My cooler master 4 in 3 HD holder is still on backorder though.
With this combo, i get better airflow and i get up to 10 HDs in the P183 :) oh joy!

Back