IX38 QuadGT or Maximus Formula

Tough call.

Maximus Formula has better stock performance, better bundle, currently better BIOS. My room mate has one and it's a great piece of tech. No disadvanges really except it's $30 more.

Advantages of the abit board include being an abit board (!), cheaper, potentially better overclocking performance than the Maximus Formula and it's damn sexy. Disadvantages are relatively immature BIOS and a weak bundle.

Between the two, I personally couldn't choose one as better just reading about them. I''ve owned ASUS boards and abit boards and think both of them are great manufacturers.

I'm leaning towards the abit board myself because it's cheaper, has the features I want, and I love my current abit board :)

Newegg just raised the price on the Maximus Formula to $270, dropped the price of the IX38 to $230, and added a $30 rebate to the IX38... I'm getting an itchy trigger finger now for that IX38...

I picked up the Maximus when Paypal was doing that $50 rebate deal. Ended up costing $200 or so. Can't really complain. It's been a great board for me for as long as I've had it. Once I got the OC working, I haven't really touched it at all, and it's been rock solid.

Newegg just raised the price on the Maximus Formula to $270, dropped the price of the IX38 to $230, and added a $30 rebate to the IX38... I'm getting an itchy trigger finger now for that IX38...

I don't know about Abit's rebate system. If I get my IP35PRO rebate maybe I'll bite. So far it's been a month and still not showing up online that they even received it.

I don't know about Abit's rebate system. If I get my IP35PRO rebate maybe I'll bite. So far it's been a month and still not showing up online that they even received it.
Thanks for the heads up. I'll probably send my rebate using USPS delivery confirmation so they can't say that they didn't get it... that is, if I decide to click the purchase button :eek:

Back