• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Ivy Bridge Ultrabooks

So far as I know the only Ivy Bridge options available in mobile form at present are the high-end i7 ones. I think the others are going to be available in early June? Which may or may not be inside your one week timeframe.

What are you going to use this computer for? Also by Ultrabook do you mean any fairly lightweight laptop or specifically the new, trendy super-thin ones that are being marketed as Ultrabooks?

As it is I think Dell, HP, and Asus have a few offerings out there, but they're mostly gaming machines I think at present. There's also the 11.6" gaming laptop based on the Clevo that I think has the option for Ivy Bridge.

But then I haven't checked in a while as I can wait until June to pick mine up. Best of luck!
 
So far as I know the only Ivy Bridge options available in mobile form at present are the high-end i7 ones. I think the others are going to be available in early June? Which may or may not be inside your one week timeframe.

What are you going to use this computer for? Also by Ultrabook do you mean any fairly lightweight laptop or specifically the new, trendy super-thin ones that are being marketed as Ultrabooks?

As it is I think Dell, HP, and Asus have a few offerings out there, but they're mostly gaming machines I think at present. There's also the 11.6" gaming laptop based on the Clevo that I think has the option for Ivy Bridge.

But then I haven't checked in a while as I can wait until June to pick mine up. Best of luck!

Basically I'm going to travel so I wanted a thin laptop that I could maybe do a bit of gaming on. I really wanted the HD4000.
 
If you can wait until... I think it's either June 2 or June 5, you could pick up the Thinkpad x230.

According to this review, it does a fair job of on-the-go gaming. Plays Skyrim, ME3, and others. Low settings, but if gaming is secondary it might work out. I plan to buy one.
 
Kinda looking forward to a new Retina MacBook Pro or the Asus ZenBook Prime, or the Lenovo Yoga. Ivy for life!!!
 
I wouldn't bet too much on the 900p screen. That review had a 720p IPS screen. I am doubtful Lenovo would offer 2 IPS screen options.
 
I know a lot of folks love higher resolutions but this is only a 12.5" screen, there's just a point with a desktop OS where it's just tough to see anything. This is the same resolution as my x220t and I'm happy with it at this size.

I'd love the convertible version of this running Windows 8. Not buying any new hardware until 8 comes out.
 
Can't wait for the 13" Zenbook Prime with the GT620m gfx, plan on getting one to sneak in a bit of light gaming at work. :p
 
I've had a Macbook Air 13" 2010 for 19 months now, that said, the new Zenbook Prime w/ the 620m looks incredible. The only downside seems to be worse battery life. Props to ASUS for pushing the boundaries and keeping some pressure on Apple.
 
The x230 will probably have a 1600x900 IPS display rivaling the macbook retina display...

Rival is not the word I would use... 1.44 megapixels vs 5.18 megapixels and it 'rivals' it? Ok so don't compare it to the 15 inch model but even the 13 inch model its 3.7 megapixels which is still significantly higher than the 1.44 megapixels of the x230.

Not even a comparison IMHO.
 
X230 does not even offer 1600x900. Also, I was not aware the new MBP line was officially announced.
 
X230 does not even offer 1600x900. Also, I was not aware the new MBP line was officially announced.

Wasn't official but is now. I just ordered my macbook pro retina 15.4 inch 2880x1800 IPS display. This thing is gonna rock. Gonna run linux on it and get more desktop real-estate.
 
Wasn't official but is now. I just ordered my macbook pro retina 15.4 inch 2880x1800 IPS display. This thing is gonna rock. Gonna run linux on it and get more desktop real-estate.


I need to see one of these bad boys in person. If I didn't buy my laptop already I'd have jumped all over these.
 
I've been holding out a couple of months. I'm really interest in an Asus primebook, but I really need one that will handle more than 4gig of ram, that's a deal killer right now.

Wasn't official but is now. I just ordered my macbook pro retina 15.4 inch 2880x1800 IPS display. This thing is gonna rock. Gonna run linux on it and get more desktop real-estate.

That is an insane resolution, it makes a 24" 1920x1200 look pedestrian.
 
Back
Top