Ivy Bridge more expensive than originally announced

• Thread starter Deleted member 93354
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 93354

I see MSRP of $359.99 everywhere.

New Egg selling them for $349

I thought the release pricing was supposed to be $313.

*sigh*

SB here I come.

Buy it at micro center man. 189 for the i5 and 289 for the i7.

It can be shipped.

It worked for a short time. I got it shipped to me earlier this morning.

List pricing is in quantity 1000 for tray processors... the same as it's always quoted. Vendors who get product at launch pass along distributor pricing and/or adjust price to what the market will bear. Within weeks boxed processors should settle close to "normal" prices.

It worked for a short time. I got it shipped to me earlier this morning.

You got confirmation that its been processed and shipped? You must be one of the lucky ones then. In the 5 minutes that it took me to create a profile to order the processor, it was taken down.

Intel has AMD CPU's on tha run, this is totally expected unless your new to the industry ;)

You got confirmation that its been processed and shipped? You must be one of the lucky ones then. In the 5 minutes that it took me to create a profile to order the processor, it was taken down.

Now you know why I like retail (and MicroCenter retail in particular).

Pricing for retail has NOT moved since the price went up on their storefronts this morning (and via an e-mail they sent their entire mailing list, also this morning).
Spread between Sandy-K and Ivy-K (both are in-store only; however, you CAN officially buy more than one) is still $10 on i5-K - for i7-K, i7-3770K is $10 more than i7-2600K, but $10 less than i7-2700K.

Nothing against online - however, that means that retailers such as MicroCenter have to have loss-leaders to bring the feet into the stores.

Kudos to Micro Center for not joining the gangbang on the early adopters, I have always liked that store.

Unfortunately we don't all live in close proximity to a microcenter. For me, the 6 hr drive to Atlanta completely negates the 50 dollars I'd save on the processor.

My retailer of choice is Canada Computers and they're selling the 3570k for $300! Picked it up from NCIX for $239. Best price available in Canada that I'm aware of, could be worse. The retailer pays $212 I think, so I figure $239 isn't all that bad. $190 would have been great!

Buy it from TigerDirect for the same price as Microcenter. Look at the HotDeals thread.

TD no doubt, I've no real need for an upgrade (2600k here) yet almost pulled the trigger to upgrade the wifes comp.

Yep, the 3770 K is now magically $319 at the Egg. I paid $349 yesterday. WTF. It definitely seems like gouging to me. I emailed them and ranted and that it'd be nice to get back my $30. I know some of you will rail on me 'oh well you just couldn't wait so you get what you get'. Well, that's true, but a day later. Come on.

I do feel you though, We are already getting ripped compared to microcenter (esp. if you want a motherboard, yes I realize they are doing this at a loss) and the first night of TD deals with rebates and visa $10 back.

That is why I'm considering Amazon since I hear they are better with refunding money in this kind of situation. Shouldn't they match TD's base 229 and 329 by now???

I was able to get a 3770K shipped from MC. Got the shipping email today. $295.98 w/ shipping. I'm in FL, so I was finally able to get on a MC deal. :D

I was able to get a 3770K shipped from MC. Got the shipping email today. $295.98 w/ shipping. I'm in FL, so I was finally able to get on a MC deal. :D

Nice...I'm waiting on my confirmation e-mail and was worried it might get canceled. I got mine with the $50 off motherboard deal...$388 with shipping/taxes (there is a MC in my state, just not within a few hours of me) for the i5 and a P8Z77-V Pro.

Yep, the 3770 K is now magically $319 at the Egg. I paid $349 yesterday. WTF. It definitely seems like gouging to me. I emailed them and ranted and that it'd be nice to get back my $30. I know some of you will rail on me 'oh well you just couldn't wait so you get what you get'. Well, that's true, but a day later. Come on.

If you ask them to change it, they typically will. I bought my GTX480 at 239.95, and the next day it was 209.95. They refunded me 30 bucks.

Generally at release most resellers will charge a little more since there there is higher demand for the product and the supply is still fairly low. Our prices on these products are lower then the 2nd generation Intel® Core™ processors of the same type.

Hey Kirby, can you post if you get an email update as well? I figure you anyway, but I ask just in case. Thanks in advance and GL

Hey Kirby, can you post if you get an email update as well? I figure you anyway, but I ask just in case. Thanks in advance and GL

Will do. It said it wouldn't ship until 5/2 when I bought it, but the order still shows "pending." From experience, I rarely win when the order says "pending" for more than 24 hours ;).

Back