It's starting to show (Fermi) (NEW official MSRP's)

$350 seems like a decent price. $400...not so much.

Hopefully we see the 470 hit $300 within two months of launch, as that's going to be my pull-the-trigger price.

lol, you're really hurt, aren't you Goldentiger?
Btw. would you mind to explain me what's wrong in my post you quoted in your bitter ranting? I'm sure you'll come up with a good explanation, can't wait. :D

You fanbois on both sides make me laugh. Buy what you want and be done with it. If you have to jusitfy to some anon person on the internet then you are pitiful. I laugh in your general direction. There are plenty of you on both sides. LOL.

Nice post. Earlier this week a certain person gave me a lecture on using canned benchmarks and now that same somebody posts benchmarks straight from Nvidia showing a 24% average improvement over the 5870 and this is supposed to prove that the GTX480 is an amazing card worth the $550?

OCC, was that certain person me? If so, I don't really recall that lol. I imagine your talking possibly about GoldenTiger as I've seen him in some other threads bashing ppl for taking rumors as facts a lot. I'm assuming GoldenTiger can justify taking 'these benchmarks' as 'facts' and not rumors without being too hypocritical as they are straight from the company and not a third party rumor-mill like 'a forum from some guy in Italy/China losely translated'. Otherwise, I too find it odd he's quoting a 24% performance improvement from a forum that claims the pictures are from nVidia. If I had more time, I'd photoshop a joke image on this forum claiming 10.4 = +200% of GTX480's drivers in 2014.

You fanbois on both sides make me laugh. Buy what you want and be done with it. If you have to jusitfy to some anon person on the internet then you are pitiful. I laugh in your general direction. There are plenty of you on both sides. LOL.

Why, Mr. Fanboy? Why do you do it? Why get up? Why keep fighting? Do you believe you're fighting for something? For more than your survival? Can you tell me what it is? Do you even know? Is it freedom? Or truth in benchmarks? Perhaps peace by global coporation domination of a single supreme identity? Yes? No? Could it be for love of your company? Illusions, Mr. Fanboy. Vagaries of perception. The temporary constructs of a feeble human intellect trying desperately to justify a purchase that is without meaning or purpose a year after its released. And all of them as artificial as the Fanboy war itself, although only a human mind could invent something as insipid as Fanboyism. You must be able to see it, Mr. Fanboy. You must know it by now. You can't win. It's pointless to keep fighting. Why, Mr. Fanboy? Why? Why do you persist?

Fanboy: Because I choose to ... tell people what to buy

Why, Mr. Fanboy? Why do you do it? Why get up? Why keep fighting? Do you believe you're fighting for something? For more than your survival? Can you tell me what it is? Do you even know? Is it freedom? Or truth in benchmarks? Perhaps peace by global coporation domination of a single supreme identity? Yes? No? Could it be for love of your company? Illusions, Mr. Fanboy. Vagaries of perception. The temporary constructs of a feeble human intellect trying desperately to justify a purchase that is without meaning or purpose a year after its released. And all of them as artificial as the Fanboy war itself, although only a human mind could invent something as insipid as Fanboyism. You must be able to see it, Mr. Fanboy. You must know it by now. You can't win. It's pointless to keep fighting. Why, Mr. Fanboy? Why? Why do you persist?

Fanboy: Because I choose to ... tell people what to buy

:cool:

Because people are opinionated, it won't stop. A new battle line will be drawn as soon as something else demands their attention.

did you notice something fishy about that ?

all test is UNDER 2560x1600 4x/16x.
which clearly blows 1GB Vram on 5870 in order to get those gap.

what about the raw performance on common monitor?
I would say its +/- 5-10% around 5870....

overall, that benchmark is NOT for those who use lower than 2560x1600.
and would be funny to see if the 5870 2GB takes back the crown on same setting... if it ever comes out..

73529807.jpg

gtx4802.jpg

Well, there is 1920x1200

Exactly. I think the NDA lifts @ 6pm Eastern time on Friday?

Exactly. I think the NDA lifts @ 6pm Eastern time on Friday?

beats me. I already decided i'm not buying anything till next spring . My 4850 is playing things just fine and I have to many other things I want to upgrade first.

You and me. My Harley needs more chrome before I go to Laughlin River Run this year. :)

OCC, was that certain person me? If so, I don't really recall that lol. I imagine your talking possibly about GoldenTiger as I've seen him in some other threads bashing ppl for taking rumors as facts a lot. I'm assuming GoldenTiger can justify taking 'these benchmarks' as 'facts' and not rumors without being too hypocritical as they are straight from the company and not a third party rumor-mill like 'a forum from some guy in Italy/China losely translated'. Otherwise, I too find it odd he's quoting a 24% performance improvement from a forum that claims the pictures are from nVidia. If I had more time, I'd photoshop a joke image on this forum claiming 10.4 = +200% of GTX480's drivers in 2014.

No, lol, sorry mr wburchnall, it wasn't you!! And it was about benchmarks from Tomshardware and anandtech after the release of the 4870. I don't really go by any benchmarks though, they are just guidelines, I do my own playtesting before I advise anyone what to buy.

Oh, I am pretty sure the benchmarks are real, but, they are from Nvidia, do you think that for one second they are going to show their card in a bad light? And then there is the "odd" results that you and others have mentioned. I wouldn't be shouting from the rooftops about how great this card is with those benchmarks. Hope the cards perform way better because the people who are going to buy these deserve more for the price they are going to have to pay.

the lead needs to keep changing, because it's not good for us, the consumer, if one company is on top for too long or the two are roughly the same.

And Mr Wbruschnall, I really liked your fanboi post :) excellent!! Have only seen one fanboi post/rant on this thread so far, so I don't really know what dookey is talking about. It's been a pretty open discussion marred by that one post.

Hopefully we see the 470 hit $300 within two months of launch, as that's going to be my pull-the-trigger price.

I will be very surprised if the price of the either the 470 or 480 falls after launch. Unless of course all the rumours about availabilty etc are false. It's all a guessing game at the moment :)

I thought offical prices were 349 and 499 respectively or is that site just gouging before they even launch?

MSRP and retail prices are always different.. while nvidia says the MSRP is 499 the only time you will see it at that price is for pre-orders.. and retailers can still raise the price unless nvidia tells them to lower it.. was the same way for the 5870.. pre-order was msrp then day of launch the prices were raised 50+ dollars on all retailers sites.. now the question is why isnt nvidia releasing a game with the GTX 4x0 series?

better enjoy waiting.. with the limited launch expect the 470 to hit 450-500 dollars within the first month.. the only way it would hit 300 dollars within the first 2-3 months is if its slower then the 5850..

So can anyone tell me when are the first reviews ?

Tomorrow or 29? i read something about the reviews get delayed :(

i think it is sill to pre-order any new hardware, especially video cards, sure this card will have driver issues plaguing it as most new cards do, bugs to work out et cetera, i think it is best to wait, let things get worked out, see actual real performance reviews and then i will lay down my cash.

So can anyone tell me when are the first reviews ?

Tomorrow or 29? i read something about the reviews get delayed :(

reviews and benchmarks and specs are out beginning tomorrow night

the retail cards looks like they might be pushed til april 12th not the 6th like first thought not sure on that thought

reviews and benchmarks and specs are out beginning tomorrow night

the retail cards looks like they might be pushed til april 12th not the 6th like first thought not sure on that thought

Heard the 12th and I also heard sometime in May.

Tempted as hell to order from here but I'm a HUGE XFX fan so hmmm... What do you think?

Tempted as hell to order from here but I'm a HUGE XFX fan so hmmm... What do you think?

Extremely tempting. Might just be that if they get there stock tomorrow, then they ship out the preorders tomorrow as well. XFX is one of my preferred brands, but PNY is solid as well. Hmmmm.

Extremely tempting. Might just be that if they get there stock tomorrow, then they ship out the preorders tomorrow as well. XFX is one of my preferred brands, but PNY is solid as well. Hmmmm.

As a pre-order I went with the logic of that if it ships on the 26th I win, if it doesn't and I see another brand I like before-hand at the same price, I still win because I can just cancel the pre-order and go for the other one. The charge is listed as "pending" on my credit card, and I assume it'll stay that way until it ships or is cancelled :). Their stock system still claims an ETA of tomorrow, so I'm hopeful it may actually ship then.

i think it is sill to pre-order any new hardware, especially video cards, sure this card will have driver issues plaguing it as most new cards do, bugs to work out et cetera, i think it is best to wait, let things get worked out, see actual real performance reviews and then i will lay down my cash.

People claim that about many things, but generally they work fine out of the gate. As far as performance/being silly to pre-order, it doesn't hurt at all for the reasons stated above: if it turns out to be a massive failure somehow even with all this newer info showing otherwise, then I can still refuse the package after calling the vendor, and get a refund... ;).

Ew, wasn't aware of that snafuu with their warranty... thanks for the heads-up. Apparrently once they end production and run out of stock, your warranty is over.

You must also retain the purchase receipt.And yes, their "lifetime warranty" is anything but.

You must also retain the purchase receipt.And yes, their "lifetime warranty" is anything but.

Aside from the purchase receipt thing which I will stuff a copy of in the box, I have found since that it is in fact a proper "lifetime warranty" that does not end upon retail availability being uncommon. This is per the Terms and Conditions here dated September 1st, 2009, which is the newest I found through google: http://www3.pny.com/support/media//...a-bd8a152eb045/XLR8 Warranty - 9-01-09_v1.pdf . Their old terms listed a specific clause:

"Lifetime replacement warranty does not cover items out of production if the company no longer stocks them. (Lifetime is defined as the lifetime of the product on the market. Outdated technology is not covered by lifetime warranty if the item is no longer available on the common market as a new product.)" not present in the newer warranty as quoted below:

The new warranty I link states only the following:

PNY Graphic Card Warranty

*One year (will be extended for the lifetime of the original purchaser upon completion of a registration form on PNY's website)

LIMITED 1 YEAR WARRANTY*

PNY Technologies, Inc. ("PNY") expressly warrants this Graphics Card (product) to be free from defects in materials and workmanship for a period of One year (*will be extended for the lifetime of the original purchaserupon completion of a registration form on PNY's website ) from the date of sales receipt as sold to the original purchaser ("purchaser"), subject to all the terms and conditions hereunder. This warranty is not assignable. Products can be registered on PNY’s website at http://www.pny.com. Products must be registered within 90 days of purchase.

PNY's sole obligation under this warranty is to replace or, at its option, to repair, free of charge, all the product's defective parts. This warranty applies only on the condition that the product has been installed, maintained and operated under conditions of normal use and in accordance with the installation guide provided herewith. The provisions of this warranty shall not apply if, in PNY's sole judgment, the product has been subject to misuse or neglect, improper installation, damaged in an accident, or repaired or altered in any way that affects its performance or reliability.

Then continues to the standard boilerplate that is on the old warranty as well. It does not mention anything about being while a product is current, et al like the older version did :). I didn't call to confirm, because it's clear in writing which is absolute, versus trying to argue with them "The CSR told me X, Y, and Z!" later on should an issue arise with the card.

If people have ordered from these guys before and know they are legit, that's good. Maybe I'm clueless but I've never heard of them before. Me, I'd wait to see a few more stores post at least. There's always at least one place that jumps the gun and starts accepting money for pre-orders, but they almost never actually have the items any faster then anyone else it seems. Just my experience though, could be they will be shipping first thing Friday too.

$486* Why are there no edit buttons?

EDIT: Nvm. Google Chrome blocked out the edit/delete/quote/qrply buttons for some reason.

Just waiting to see BFG get their store back up so I can trade up my fresh GTX 285. Yes, i bought a 285... because I know myself and would have blown my cash on something that isnt a new card. at the very least if things with Fermi based cards dont look worth it, or only look marginally better than a 295....... well lets say my epeen would love a dual GPU setup without the need for SLI. haha my new rig.... I can smell her already!

Just waiting to see BFG get their store back up so I can trade up my fresh GTX 285. Yes, i bought a 285... because I know myself and would have blown my cash on something that isnt a new card. at the very least if things with Fermi based cards dont look worth it, or only look marginally better than a 295....... well lets say my epeen would love a dual GPU setup without the need for SLI. haha my new rig.... I can smell her already!

trade it for what?

If the release stock numbers of 50,000 worldwide are correct the prices are going to skyrocket, FAST.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Got a pre-order in for two of the Zotacs. Not holding my breath. If the reviews suck, I can always cancel...

Any idea what the warranty is for Zotacs (and why does that sound like an erectile disfunction drug or anti-depressant?)

Looks like if registered within 30 days, limited lifetime. If not then 2 years.

From their website (http://www.zotacusa.com/support/warranty):

For our retail Graphics Processing Unit and Mainboard products that carry a limited lifetime warranty, and were purchased on or after January 1st, 2008, ZOTAC will provide a limited lifetime warranty to the original purchaser of each retail product. This will secure that the product will not experience defects, in material or workmanship that will adversely affect its performance. This limited lifetime warranty is valid for the life of the retail product, so long as the original purchaser owns the product, based upon the following conditions:

All ZOTAC products purchased on or after January 1, 2008, MUST be registered within 30 days of the ORIGINAL DATE OF PURCHASE to receive a limited lifetime warranty. (All products not registered within 30 days will ONLY receive a 2 years limited warranty.)
Removal and or Defacing of Serial/Model number sticker(s) on ANY ZOTAC products WILL void ALL warranties.
The Limited Lifetime Warranty is for all retail Graphics Processing Units and mainboard products only. *(Replacement products will carry the same limited lifetime warranty as your original purchase and must be re-registered within 30 days of shipping date of replacement product.)
Removal and or Defacing of any sticker(s) (SKU number/part number/serial number) on ANY ZOTAC products WILL void ALL warranties.
There is no physical damage to the PCB, GPU/chipset or components that are caused by improper installation, damage during modification of any kind, damage during any type of aftermarket cooling installation, and or water damage of any kind.
All defective products approved by customer service and sent in for RMA replacement MUST INCLUDE A COPY OF THE ORIGINAL INVOICE / RECEIPT. (Products NOT including a copy of this document will be returned to the customer at the customer’s expense).
Products sent in and received by ZOTAC for RMA will be repaired or replaced with a product of equal or greater value.
ZOTAC will cover all return shipping back to the customer for the RMA replacement in the same shipping.
ZOTAC does not offer a refund. Refund claims need to be processed through the original vendor that sold the product according to the terms and conditions of the vendors return policy.
The product MUST be returned to ZOTAC in the original factory configuration and condition. All aftermarket modifications must be reversed prior to sending in the product for repair or replacement.
ZOTAC USA reserves the right to inspect and verify the defects of any product(s) returned and further reserves the right to claim for shipping fees and a service charge from the customer for any product returned incomplete or modified if product requires repair or replacement or when the customer is not entitled to any coverage under this limited lifetime warranty.
The ZOTAC limited lifetime warranty is only eligible for products purchased in the USA or Canada.
ZOTAC does not ship replacements to PO Box addresses.
ZOTAC will cover all return shipping back to our US and Canadian customers for the RMA replacement with free ground shipping through UPS in the United States and free FedEx Ground shipping to Canadian Customers.*
Customers located at military addresses (APO, etc) addresses, or outside the United States or Canada, will be responsible for return shipping.*
ZOTAC and or ZOTAC USA is not responsible for loss, damage, or shipping charges to our RMA Center

So far the prices do not seem astronomical.

Lets just hope they don't sky rocket due to stock limitations and demand.

Now all that is really left is the reviews!

Back