It's official: RTX 3060Ti

mnewxcv

[H]F Junkie
Nvidia RTX 3060Ti starting at $399, launch tomorrow 12/2/20. Reviews posted today. Discuss the card here.

Make it available to those who would like to buy it, or it doesn't exist. Period.

I've created my own GPU that can out perform a RTX 3090 at only half the cost. MSRP of $750. You can't buy it though and I'm only providing it to a few people on you-tube that never got a real job...sorry I mean "influencers"

Saw Techspot's review, best bang for the buck if you can get at retail prices "cough". But if RT is your thing best to get a better card even with DLSS.

I watched der8auer's review on it, seems like a good card, between 2080 and 2080Ti in performance, ended up beating 2080Ti in a test or two while overclocked. Good value for sure.

Hopefully those that are still looking for an entry level 3000 series card are able to pick one up. Good luck guys!~

Hopefully those that are still looking for an entry level 3000 series card are able to pick one up. Good luck guys!~
I think a lot of people who wanted a 3080 a month ago will be happy with a 3060ti. Basically anyone coming from anything 2060/1070/980 should see a nice bump in performance. Not to mention most of those cards are selling for a nice chunk of that 3060ti msrp.

Any idea what time these go live on Best Buy? Hoping to snag 2 for my daughter's computers to replace the 1660 ti's I just put in them.

Any idea what time these go live on Best Buy? Hoping to snag 2 for my daughter's computers to replace the 1660 ti's I just put in them.
2? I think you’ll be extremely lucky to just get 1.

If Best Buy does the launch it’ll probably be 9 AM EST like previous Ampere cards.

I was commenting on EVGA's link.

Here is what you see:
1606842169344.png

People need to stop complaining about new products being launched. Not all GA104 dies being produced are perfect enough to be a 3070. The 3060 Ti is the "less than perfect" chips, which means that it won't take away from 3070 supplies. It will simply continue to fill out the current lineup, which is a good thing.

This card makes the 3070 seem irrelevant imo as long as one can get it near msrp.
the 3070 does have a notable performance lift over the 3060ti, about 10%. That being said, you can probably make up most of that 10% with a solid OC and undervolt, and pocket the 20% savings.

I see these listed on BB site and EVGA, but only 4 models on BB site. I cant seem to find them on any of the other typical sites. Anyone spotted the prices on the other AIB boards yet?

Already signed up for both EVGA models. Served me well for a 3080. No way I'm spending any more time on this. Especially since it's not for me.
Where does one sign up? I might put my name down in case a coworker or friend wants one.

People need to stop complaining about new products being launched. Not all GA104 dies being produced are perfect enough to be a 3070. The 3060 Ti is the "less than perfect" chips, which means that it won't take away from 3070 supplies. It will simply continue to fill out the current lineup, which is a good thing.
This sound true, has yield get higher with those lower end products it could augment overall product available and make it easier to get a 3070, with many in line for them going for the 3060 TI if they see one available and if it is easier to get a 3070, it make getting a 3080 easier and so on.

Has long as the new product make overall volume higher.... a bit like when the 6900xt launch, that should help not hurt.

2? I think you’ll be extremely lucky to just get 1.

If Best Buy does the launch it’ll probably be 9 AM EST like previous Ampere cards.
So I would have to get up at 6 am local time. :bag:

I'm Thinking about upgrading my 1080 for this. May wait on cyberpunk performance reviews first though.

Taco don't care, we dont need over 400 dollar rtx30 bloody 60 😭😭😭😭😭💔🖤💔🖤

Some rendering in blender are with a radeon 7 is 250% slower, a 2080 TI 35% slower

blender2.png

If Taco would be selling them at $200, would it not endanger to destroy some product line ? (I imagine that $1200 of 3060 TI would be really hard to beat)

It is so close to the $500 3700 that if everything was available that you would not be able to sell many of those, the 3080 costing that much make the 3070 having to cost about that much to let the 3080 continue to be an attractive product and if the 3070 is $500 the very close 3060TI cannot be less than half the cost and so on.

Last edited:
Some rendering in blender are with a radeon 7 is 250% slower, a 2080 TI 35% slower

View attachment 304828

If Taco would be selling them at $200, would it not endanger to destroy some product line ? (I imagine that $1200 of 3060 TI would be really hard to beat)

It is so close to the $500 3700 that if everything was available that you would not be able to sell many of those.
what review is that from? I am trying to find more productively benchmark results.

Hey, a 60 series card that's finally a little bit more powerful than my 1080Ti.

Let's just see, look at the price, do some math, imagine it actually exists in stock and... its still more expensive than what a used 1080Ti costs, and more than the one I got used a while back.

Just get a 1080Ti from the for sale/trade forum unless you REALLY need ray tracing/DLSS.

Edit: looking at more data, in the more recent games that do have DLSS the 3060Ti is noticeably better than 1080Ti.

Last edited:
Hey, a 60 series card that's finally a little bit more powerful than my 1080Ti.

Let's just see, look at the price, do some math, imagine it actually exists in stock and... its still more expensive than what a used 1080Ti costs, and more than the one I got used a while back.

Just get a 1080Ti from the for sale/trade forum unless you REALLY need ray tracing/DLSS.

Edit: looking at more data, in the more recent games that do have DLSS it is noticeably better than 1080Ti.
dlss/RT, tensor cores, nvenc encoder updates, power draw are all advantages of the new card. All the buy it now 1080 ti cards on ebay are $400 plus as well. I think people who get in on the notify me queue for the evga cards has the best chance right now.

Yeah, the power draw is probably a big one, my 1080Ti runs hot as it pulls nearly 300 watts at load.

Is there anywhere where I can see a comparison of NVENC between the 1000, 2000 and 3000 series nvidia cards? That's some data i'm actually really interested in.

Yeah, the power draw is probably a big one, my 1080Ti runs hot as it pulls nearly 300 watts at load.
A 5600x and a 3060ti would be a sweet budget gaming rig, and would probably only need a 500w psu.

Back