It's here!! DFI Infinity P965-S

Nah it isnt constant. It supposedly happens only at load or when overclocked.

How loud is the squeal?

I can't really think why a mobo would have a squeal...

How loud is the squeal?

I can't really think why a mobo would have a squeal...

It's not very loud at all, just loud enough to be an annoyance really. With ten fans in my case going at full speed, I can barely hear it, and didn't really even notice it until I was listening for it.

I think I read somewhere that it has something to do with the mosfets, but I could be wrong.

I dont even have an OS installed in mine and I can hear it. Its just annoying that I wanted to get the system silent as I could and the MB is the issue LOL!

Edit I am wondering if after breaking the board in if it will stop. Because I used to have a TV that had a loud pitch whine then 6mns later it just stopped I guess from me burning it in.

Mines only squeal when I change settings in the bios sometimes and reboot... guess I am lucky? :)

Playing around with RightMark CPU Clock Utility (RMClock), I noticed that it reports that EIST (SpeedStep) technology is active, and the option to disable is greyed out. Now, my CPU multiplier stays at 8x (where I set it), but I wonder if this feature being active has any detrimental effect on the performance of my rig. I disabled all the CPU features in the BIOS.

it won't have any detrimental effects. the cpu can switch frequencies real fast. it'd be a little slower if you were managing clock adjustment with rmclock, unless you were simply forcing it to high. but even if it shows enabled, as long as you don't ever drop, no worries.

Personally, I'm real thrilled with dfi's implementation of c1e. Most other boards will completely override vid transitions when you overclock or change vcore. This board simply increases vcore, but still has it perform some sort of transition. This is great news for me, with a hot chip. I can run 8x450=3600 with +200mv. This translates into 1.48v under load and 1.32v idle at 6x450=2700. vid is 1.325v. Allows me to have nice low idle temps

Boo. I got my new DFI board in from eWiz three days ago or so. Night before last I got off work late and stayed up till four in the morning installing it an routing my cables behind my MoBo tray and making look all clean. Then it wouldn't post....Took everything out, put everything back in just to see, checked all the jumpers and connections just to see and still no post. Reinstalled everything back with my DS3 and booted perfectly. Yay, I got a DOA MoBo. Gonna call eWiz tomorrow, I hope they have a good RMA policy.

Back