It's BF2 1.3 Patch Day!

It still shows version 1.12 blah blah after uninstalling, reinstalling, and patching with the full 1.3 patch.

Woot.

Regardless, the game works just fine.

The18thLetter said:
It still shows version 1.12 blah blah after uninstalling, reinstalling, and patching with the full 1.3 patch.

Woot.

Regardless, the game works just fine.

Me too :(

my server list is all messed up
if I sort by ping, and click once on a server to highlight it, it resorts the list, and because the ping's always different, ends up highlighting another server

:mad: :mad:

LMAO so I join a server I usually play in just after I patched. Granted its the only one thats been updated but anyways. Im not in the game for more than 5 seconds and I get the veteran knife badge!!!! Hows that for leet patching? Im so happy...now my kdr won't go down while I try to knife everyone. Can't wait for another one so i can get veteran!

When we had 1.22 it said 1.1xxxx or some shit. No one cared then. :D Anyone who reinstalls a working game over that, please let us know! I'm not sure that has ever been the same.

Leb_CRX said:
if I sort by ping, and click once on a server to highlight it, it resorts the list, and because the ping's always different, ends up highlighting another server

same thing for me, wonder if its cause they havent updated?
if not this is a repeat of what EA does fix things and mess others up at the same time.

dwilson041781 said:
same thing for me, wonder if its cause they havent updated?
if not this is a repeat of what EA does fix things and mess others up at the same time.
the thing is, 'same version only' is checked by default and is checked on mine, and that determines if we see the servers using another version

but ya it let me connect to a server and then kicked me out and said I had a modified version of the game...

go EA!

Leb_CRX said:

me2 and its really pissing me off

Well, the patch apparently took effect (I can drop/req vehicles), but BF2 still thinks its v1.12. Great :(

Same here shows wrong version and I am only getting 384 servers showing up as well. Looks like EA will have to make a hot fix for this. Also, game crashed right after the map loaded. I hope it was a fluke and will try again.

Arkanian said:
Same here shows wrong version and I am only getting 384 servers showing up as well. Looks like EA will have to make a hot fix for this. Also, game crashed right after the map loaded. I hope it was a fluke and will try again.
Same here, but the second time I loaded it up it was fine.

The vehicle drop actually isn't all that bad, I snuck out in the hills at karkand requested a vehicle and was able to drive right behind 2 apcs and a tank, lay some c4 and blow it. I really like this addition I must say. Though it seems they drop facing one direction only.

I so far am not liking the vehicle drop too much. It's useful yes, but its way too easy to spam with it. ie: dropping it on jets, forcing them to blow up or crash, and dropping it on AA. I was walking around with my squad leader on wake and he gets in one of the stingers to shoot down a nearby chopper. No more than 3 seconds later he is dead by way of jeep dropping on his head with me standing no more than 4 feet from him. I just don't like it. At least add some deviance when dropping it or make the reload time longer. It's rediciulous! :mad:

im goin crazy!!! i cant get into games, and when i select a server, damn thing changes and when i do join only a few or no people will be there, MAN!

if this still happening tomorrow im gonna go through uninstall i guess.

yeah.. anyone out there yet with a fix for the server bug. I have yet to play this.. downloading the 438 MB mega patch!...
gonna uninstall and reinstall.. I had this also happen to me with all the incremental updates.

The mega patch wont help. This is a coding bug. EA fucked this one bigtime.

Very, very buggy patch.

so many new problems with the server page it's not even funny. you can't rely on ping at all and only guess. I get 3 types of pings, 0, 15, or 2,000,000 to 7,000,000, no joke it has been showing pings of seven million. there are no players listed in the players on server tab, yet there are people playing, I didn't have trouble joining servers to play.

Does anybody know if they messed with balance issues at all? There are some things that seem to be uber now, try killing a guy on a atv coming at you, even though you hit him 10-20 times with the PKM he runs you down. I had several people experience this, also choppers are damn near impossible to kill, before you could atleast get them down with a few shots from the AA, now there is no chance. And I also experience in warlord a tank that took 3 shots from a friendly tank, plus 2 shots from my anti tank, and another from a 3rd guy, that's 6 shots total and he killed us all and wasn't even sparking yet.

Not sure if that was something fishy going down or if this new patch created a lot more issues. Not enough people have updated yet is why the lack of servers, I hope that they get these new issues fixed asap, but they won't. I can honestly see people switching back to 1.21, and rightfully so, this new patch just sucks, I would gladly pay $20 more for the game if they would just code it right.

Hahhaha, just goes to show EA can't do shit right anymore. Sorry, but I have no intention of reloading BF2 for this worthless crap of a patch *goes back to playing Oblivion*

bigbadgreen said:
so many new problems with the server page it's not even funny. you can't rely on ping at all and only guess. I get 3 types of pings, 0, 15, or 2,000,000 to 7,000,000, no joke it has been showing pings of seven million. there are no players listed in the players on server tab, yet there are people playing, I didn't have trouble joining servers to play.

Does anybody know if they messed with balance issues at all? There are some things that seem to be uber now, try killing a guy on a atv coming at you, even though you hit him 10-20 times with the PKM he runs you down. I had several people experience this, also choppers are damn near impossible to kill, before you could atleast get them down with a few shots from the AA, now there is no chance. And I also experience in warlord a tank that took 3 shots from a friendly tank, plus 2 shots from my anti tank, and another from a 3rd guy, that's 6 shots total and he killed us all and wasn't even sparking yet.

Not sure if that was something fishy going down or if this new patch created a lot more issues. Not enough people have updated yet is why the lack of servers, I hope that they get these new issues fixed asap, but they won't. I can honestly see people switching back to 1.21, and rightfully so, this new patch just sucks, I would gladly pay $20 more for the game if they would just code it right.

Yep same here pings of either 0 or 5 million, when I select a server the damn thing changes the server name. Man this is mest up BIG TIME!

Yeah I see weird pings too.

I was just checking out my favorite stats site and it seems they changed requirements for stats. Instead of getting certain amount of kills in a round with knife/pistol you just have to get to the 50 kill limit or 100 kill to get the badges...wonder what else they changed..

Eventually the full patch will be larger than the actual game. :)

@ vehicle drops

EA should have known that the BF community would use this new ability for stupid shit like dropping it on planes and people - instead of actually using it for transportation needs.

I'm all for giving the commander something extra to do, but sweet jesus, use your heads.

PoweredBySoy said:
@ vehicle drops

EA should have known that the BF community would use this new ability for stupid shit like dropping it on planes and people - instead of actually using it for transportation needs.

I'm all for giving the commander something extra to do, but sweet jesus, use your heads.
I've been saying this from the beginning, they only are implementing that because Quake Wars will have that and it was a hot topic in QW community, EA decided they can do that too and they did it without realizing how they can screw this game up.

...and there is the server browser, OMFG the worst server browser EVER.

bazylik said:
...and there is the server browser, OMFG the worst server browser EVER.

Why is this such a big issue for so many? Typically you spend .05% of your time on the server browser, 99.95% playing the game. And quite honestly, the server browser works just fine.

pigpen said:
Why is this such a big issue for so many? Typically you spend .05% of your time on the server browser, 99.95% playing the game. And quite honestly, the server browser works just find.
after I installed the patch last night I spent 5 minutes updating the server list, it found 250+ server and just hang there for kicks without giving me any choice but wait. 5 minutes later I tried getting to BFHQ, surprise surpise another 5 minute wait, this is awesome I think... Now, let's go to my favorites and see which servers updated their servers already.. after 5 minutes I got out of the damn game and closed it...

pigpen said:
Why is this such a big issue for so many? Typically you spend .05% of your time on the server browser, 99.95% playing the game. And quite honestly, the server browser works just fine.

well that would be the case if they made the browser just like the one in BF1942. That one worked very well.

I spent about 15mins on the server browser yesterday trying to find a decent server because everytime i clicked on one it dissappeared, because apparently now if you sort by ping and click a single server it resorts the entire list. THANKS EA

133 said:
well that would be the case if they made the browser just like the one in BF1942. That one worked very well.

I spent about 15mins on the server browser yesterday trying to find a decent server because everytime i clicked on one it dissappeared, because apparently now if you sort by ping and click a single server it resorts the entire list. THANKS EA
Yeah, now it's almost impossible to join my favorite servers, ea fubar'd this one big time.

Is it even a good I idea to install this patch now? i like the idea of dropping cars on ppls heads lol ;)

bazylik said:
I guess you don't play BF2

I do, and out of any of the issues i have with the game, the server browser is the last of them. I totally agree that the browser kind of sucks. But in all seriousness, you sit down and play BF2 for an hour, you're dealing with the server browser for 1 minute of that. That's what you're concentrating on?

133 said:
it has nothing to do with servers, its the browser itself

That's a strange issue you are having. So anytime you click on a server, it disappears? Were you able to connect to a server at all?

pigpen said:
That's a strange issue you are having. So anytime you click on a server, it disappears? Were you able to connect to a server at all?

If you sort by ping and click a server it will reshuffle them when it updates because the ping changes.

I have the same issue.

pigpen said:
The servers have to patch too.
The servers I play on patched already, it's just when I try to click on them, the damn browser re-orders everything making it completely impossible to select the server I want to play on. :(

WhyYouLoveMe said:
So you'll not play BF2 solely based on the fact it has no widescreen support?

Oh well... to each his own.

well, if they had said "well we're workin on it" then yeah, i'd keep it. but since they don't and apparently will not support it, i'm a widescreen gamer so i'm speaking to the developer with what they care about, my moneys.

even though i've already bought it ><

ive been pulling my hair, and its almost gone, i cant find a single Effing game, everytime i think i do bam, 1/40 etc... well im gonna give all seeing eye a try not sure if it supports, if anyone hears any news plz post or start new thread...the guys over at gamespy forums are going crazy too.

think its fixed now, not sure yet.

reguarding lack of servers, yes that's because the servers havn't patched yet, but I agree the issue is with the browser only. I found servers to play on but it was a hassle. It's hard to tell how many players are on a server because of the update lag if you want to play with more than 5 people and all get onto the same server it's now a crapshoot. You also don't know what the ping will be. I don't know about you but playing with a ping of 200 and being mowed down constantly because other players have a ping of 20 isn't a fun time. My group always tries to play on servers with pings of no more than 100, and now that's almost impossible to find without guessing.

You're right for the amount of time you spend on the browser being little, but this little thing is creating a whole lot of hassle for a lot of people.

Back