It's BF2 1.3 Patch Day!

Ok since I installed the patch I keep crashin to desktop (exiting game) on some maps...

Brucelee said:
Ok since I installed the patch I keep crashin to desktop (exiting game) on some maps...
Happened to me too a few times. Seems random though, and only in the beginning directly after it loads.

Coldtronius said:
Hahhaha, just goes to show EA can't do shit right anymore. Sorry, but I have no intention of reloading BF2 for this worthless crap of a patch *goes back to playing Oblivion*

Same here. Only my game is CS:S
:( :)

yeah yeah... fan boys get your jabs in , but can we talk about how to fix any of these issues...
I still crash while trying to load a map. Wtf.. anyone know whats up.

yep, bf crashes more, more problems with my connection that i never had before, server browser freezes again, sigh...

omg the vehicle drops are out of hand, im seeing like 20 vodniks and shit everywhere.. its such a spamfest in karkand its amazing

Well they fixed the browser problem so looks like all is well so far. I am still seeing some of my teammates show as red though

I am having absolutely ZERO problems with the patch and my game is running great. Sounds like user error :rolleyes:

same here , no problems, runs great. everything is maxed out and still getting 100fps(75fps average)

venomous35 said:
same here , no problems, runs great. everything is maxed out and still getting 100fps(75fps average)
You guys must not have tried it yesterday before 12:00 PST when the server browser wouldn't work properly. All is well now after they fixed the gamespy issue on the server end.

MrFace said:
I am having absolutely ZERO problems with the patch and my game is running great. Sounds like user error :rolleyes:

That's 'cause they fixed the server problem yesterday. LOL

Try playing BF2 more frequently and "experiencing" all that is the great patching adventure. (more like nightmare)

WhyYouLoveMe said:
That's 'cause they fixed the server problem yesterday. LOL

Try playing BF2 more frequently and "experiencing" all that is the great patching adventure. (more like nightmare)

LOL. I went throught that Road many many times....

MrFace said:

ur 1 of 2 ppl that reported no probs, versus oh i dont know 10+, besides the guys over at gamespy forums, no user error, more like Programming ERROR! alert alert EA still sucks at patches!

good news is everything seems to be slowly getting back to normal.

This is the first patch that I've had any issues with - it would crash out just after loading the map, or right after picking a spawn point. It dumped out in the middle of battle once, but then after the 5th time... it ran fine without any issues. Very strange.

Heh, we've dubbed the Vehicle Drops the "SS" - Sniper Squisher. Loads of fun taking out that pesky sniper and you don't want to waste your artillery on one player. I got a couple kills driving the dropped vehicle off a roof top onto some unsuspecting enemy.

The other fixes seem to be good, and other that the "crashing", a few people I know are haveing issues with PunkBuster enabled servers where they are being kicked because of "0 packets sent in 0 minutes" - which is very very strange.

The server side is good, and CoOp mode with a crap load of bots on the other side is a nice break from all the stat whores, espeicilly if the bot AI is cranked up - they can head shot you with a tank from the other side of the map... lol

Peace,
Tim

This is the worst patch ever made.

Did they hire junior high school students to make the patch?

Did they actually test this patch?

Amazing.

Im having a problem when updating the server list I come up with, after 60 seconds, less than 300 servers. Prior to the patch I would have >600 in less han 10 seconds. Other than dropping vehicles I see the same old laggy crap everywhere.

I dont think its kids that are making these patches; theyre hiring chimps.

This is how they make the patch - 1st they show it to a room full of monkeys, and after a certain amount of gameplay if those monkeys dont shit themselves, they pass it on as official EA bf2 patch.

Back