it's been days without a work packet, wtf?

PPatBoyd

Weaksauce
i've gone 3 days without a workpacket apparently, stupid vacation :mad: it can't connect to the server at all to get a workpacket, or send it's one. my other computers are doing fine, it's just this computer.

is there a way to force my computer to ask for a work packet from a different server...?

Which Client are you using on that box, aand what OS. there should be a configuration flag to make it send and get a new work unit, they are in the faq's at FAH home page.

Also check to see if it is only one of these new really chewy units that even fast boxes are slowed down a bunch.

My 600Mhz firewall/router box gets those all the time, something about the slowest box attracting the hardest work units, Mr Murphy at work :D

racercarl said:
Which Client are you using on that box, aand what OS. there should be a configuration flag to make it send and get a new work unit, they are in the faq's at FAH home page.

Also check to see if it is only one of these new really chewy units that even fast boxes are slowed down a bunch.

My 600Mhz firewall/router box gets those all the time, something about the slowest box attracting the hardest work units, Mr Murphy at work :D

XP home, graphical client. it has just been saying "attempting to send results" and "attempting to get work packet" the entire time.

I get that if either my gateway boxen is down or my intranet goes down.
So it sounds like the net connection for that boxen is down.
First try pinging your gateway/ router to see if the intranet is up..
If that works then try pinging Stanford to see if the internet connection is up.

Luck............... :D
u=Tigerbiten.gif

Sounds like he's posting from that box so I assume his connection is up.

Dunno, maybe try shutting the client down, rename client.cfg and restart. See if you get a wu when you restart and setup the client. If that doesn't work then I'd uninstall the whole thing and reinstall, preferebly the console version. 502 console can be setup as a service without the need for Firedaemon etc... so it's a bit easier to work with. See if that fixes it.

I've had similar problems with my home and work systems. I'm using the console version on both though. For some reason, they internet connection works but sometimes it won't get a WU or send one. Once, shutting down the client and starting it up again fixed the problem. I don't remember what I did with the other one though to get it working again. Even though I'm on cable again, I still setup a couple instances of folding so if one goes screwy, the other will pick up the slack. Actually, if I had access to my system every day I wouldn't worry about it, but there will be a day or three that I don't get a chance to get to my computer.

Back