It.. appears! FOXCONN 8800GT product page is up!

I think he was doing it in good fun to go along with that post 0.0
If that is the case then disregard my previous statement. It just appears to me that there is a lot of bashing in this thread that is unwarranted. I don't see why there is all this hate for people speculating on the performance of the 8800 gt. I am glad myself that there are all these people keeping me up to date on all the rumors because it helps me make a better decision as to what and when to buy.

If that is the case then disregard my previous statement. It just appears to me that there is a lot of bashing in this thread that is unwarranted. I don't see why there is all this hate for people speculating on the performance of the 8800 gt. I am glad myself that there are all these people keeping me up to date on all the rumors because it helps me make a better decision as to what and when to buy.

Its a passionate debate, the point he's try to prove is screenshots are trash and a dime a dozen and REAL FACTUAL information has not been released from the proverbial horses mouth. :)

People get PO'd at posts and discussions like these because usually the OP (or others) state whatever they're talking about as fact, whether they type the word "fact" or heavily imply it. Screenshots are too easy these days with photoshop etc. The reasoning is because others see it and take it as fact and spread it on our forums or others. AKA the spread of FUD or false info. It's ok to discuss rumors, just keep them as such is the problem. Nine times out of ten, the OP is so excited and state is as fact or "will come to pass" or whatever. -All very simple really

Let's get back on topic before I pretend to lock the thread with my non-existant mod powers. You guys don't want that, now do you?

I hate to complain but if that's how ASUS plans on releasing the 8800GT I have to ask. Why would anyone want Company of Heroes on their heatsink? And that game is pretty old now... how about have it come with Crysis! ;)

On a side note, not only is the box photoshopped... it looks like the graphic on the heatsink is photoshopped as well.

I hate to complain but if that's how ASUS plans on releasing the 8800GT I have to ask. Why would anyone want Company of Heroes on their heatsink? And that game is pretty old now... how about have it come with Crysis! ;)

Opposing Fronts just came out about a month ago, didn't it? :confused:

Or is that "pretty old" in today's terms?

Adjunct to COH just released, so it is quite new game, and COH has a lot of patches, which add support of new vfx effects.

Photoshoped? So it is great work, cuz looks VERY realistic.

Adjunct to COH just released, so it is quite new game, and COH has a lot of patches, which add support of new vfx effects.

Photoshoped? So it is great work, cuz looks VERY realistic.

See above, its easy to make fake 3d box art :p

Heh, they could have at least followed a tutorial like this and made it look real:
http://www.spoono.com/photoshop/tutorials/tutorial.php?id=26

Theirs looks like a bad version of this one though:
http://www.devclever.com/photorealistic-3d-box.html

Notice the shadow? :p

Yea, yea, I know how do this, cuz I`m computer graphic too.

Now people can do very realistic things and you couldn`t be sure, it is photo or not.

Here you can see graphics card made in 3ds max, a 3 years ago. Is not very relaistic, cuz is old and author had low skill. ;]

Yea, yea, I know how do this, cuz I`m computer graphic too.

Now people can do very realistic things and you couldn`t be sure, it is photo or not.

Here you can see graphics card made in 3ds max, a 3 years ago. Is not very relaistic, cuz is old and autor had low skill. ;]

You do realize that manufacturers and vendors themselves make up box art sometimes if they don't have a physical manufactured box available yet, right? I see them all the time on video game vendors and even some hardware vendor sites.

You do realize that manufacturers and vendors themselves make up box art sometimes if they don't have a physical manufactured box available yet, right? I see them all the time on video game vendors and even some hardware vendor sites.

O'Rly?

But take a look at the image, it doesn't look nearly as clean as regular box art. The top left is sticking up a bit high and the top right that connects to the front has a black line where it should be greyish. Plus the box just looks off.

Could it be a mock up by Asus? Sure could.
Could it be a mock up by anyone else? Yep sure could.

Single-slot cooling is kinda interesting, I hope manufacturers aren't sticking noisy little fans in them.

Single-slot cooling is kinda interesting, I hope manufacturers aren't sticking noisy little fans in them.

Heat-pumpers are what they're called, right back into your case. Oh and keep up the good work with posting yet more screen-shots. Maybe I'll get bored and open up Photoshop so the sheep have more to look at. Seriously, why post more "screen-shots" when they're so obvious? With so many people online dieing for info, people could be making this stuff (as stated). Next thing you know, "oh look see, hah! more prooooooffff" lol. I would ask if there has been any actual facts released... but I know there hasn't. Has there been any new rumors or trends? ~Just curious.

Heat-pumpers are what they're called, right back into your case. Oh and keep up the good work with posting yet more screen-shots. Maybe I'll get bored and open up Photoshop so the sheep have more to look at. Seriously, why post more "screen-shots" when they're so obvious? With so many people online dieing for info, people could be making this stuff (as stated). Next thing you know, "oh look see, hah! more prooooooffff" lol. I would ask if there has been any actual facts released... but I know there hasn't. Has there been any new rumors or trends? ~Just curious.

Hehehe exactly what I've been saying for a while, except I did go and make my own screenies :p

Just by himself... 9800GT U2 Edition :p.

Well yeah never posted it on any blog or hardware homepage, though I bet if I did Toms / other places would eat it up quick :p

My point was just to show how easy it is to fake stuff, only spent a few minutes on each image. If I was posting them on an ad supported website or trying to get lots of hits I'd take some more time.

Well yeah never posted it on any blog or hardware homepage, though I bet if I did Toms / other places would eat it up quick :p

My point was just to show how easy it is to fake stuff, only spent a few minutes on each image. If I was posting them on an ad supported website or trying to get lots of hits I'd take some more time.

Hehe yeah :). That's why we believe people who are always "in the know", not random noob sites ;).

There will be limited edition U2 9800GT's with Bono's signature on it for an extra $300 which will be donated to the Give A Child A Video Card or GACAVD foundation. Rumor has it that it comes with plaque to frame it on via PCI-E.

There will be limited edition U2 9800GT's with Bono's signature on it for an extra $300 which will be donated to the Give A Child A Video Card or GACAVD foundation. Rumor has it that it comes with plaque to frame it on via PCI-E.

that's hot.

buying a card from bono is such a philanthropic thing :D

nice

yeah, just make the damn thing 180 dollars + tax and that will be the nicest thing they could do

Much, much moreso than your kind is ;).

And what kind would i be? Not gullible? The kind that refuses to believe everything i hear? The kind that doubts people that post there own speculation and rumors as concrete with out any proof and refusal to back it up?

Despite what you assume, I at least dont post rumor as fact, and then refuse to back it up with any kind of legitimate source, and you still dont understand why it makes you look like an idiot. Even when your called out for it, you just still refuse to post a legitimate, reliable source.

Heres a bone: If you cant proove it, dont state it as fact. Until you can grasp this, im going to continually shit all over your threads.

And what kind would i be? Not gullible? The kind that refuses to believe everything i hear? The kind that doubts people that post there own speculation and rumors as concrete with out any proof and refusal to back it up?

Despite what you assume, I at least dont post rumor as fact, and then refuse to back it up with any kind of legitimate source, and you still dont understand why it makes you look like an idiot. Even when your called out for it, you just still refuse to post a legitimate, reliable source.

Heres a bone: If you cant proove it, dont state it as fact. Until you can grasp this, im going to continually shit all over your threads.

Lol.... I hope you're having fun with your childish internet war, little 'E-thug.'

Just musing/speculating, but ...

Don't forget that Nvidia is in battle with ATI and it is in their interests to keep information tight, and even leak some misinformation to keep the competition on the back foot.

So it is not impossible that Nvidia has been carefully cultivating the idea that the new 8800GT/GTS/GTX/etc are all based on the "G92" -- creating confusion about how such a spread of products can all be based on the one chip -- all the while quietly creating the "G96" as the new mid-range, and the "G92" as the new killer chip, and the "G98" as the new low end.

I just found out that a couple of hours after I posted that piece of speculation, NordicHardware posted "We've been waiting for confirmation on whether the 8800 GT actually is G92 ... From what we've been told, GeForce 8800 GT is based on the G96 core and not G92. G92 is not slated for launch in many months ...".

So speculation about rumours is confirmed by a news mole half a world away! Choices are:-
oxymoron
BFD
yawn
STFU
this is getting all too silly

:)

He irritates you--I get it. From some of his posts over the last two or three weeks, I can even sympathize. But your response is out of proportion and only pollutes the atmosphere. Every time he lets the argument go, you jump into a thread and start it up again.

It's also not a brilliant strategy to make a post that admits you are breaking forum rules and intend to continue doing so.

The [H]ard|Forum Rules:

(4) No THREAD Crapping

Breaking any of the above listed forum rules can result in the loss of posting privileges and possible loss of your forum account. [H]ard|Forum also reserves the right to ban any user, at any time, and for any reason.

Back