Issue with listing and purchase

Status
Not open for further replies.

doz

Supreme [H]ardness
So I purchased a BF3 key here. Key was sent to me so no issues there but the problem comes with the listing and what I received.

In the listing, it does NOT state that the key is Russian. I was charged $26 dollars for a RUSSIAN key. Had I known it was Russian, I wouldve purchased from CJs keys. I paid more as I did not want to deal with the hassle of a Russian key. He never informed me UNTIL he sent the key it was Russian with some bs instructions on how to get it to work. Took about 2 hours BEYOND downloading the game to get it to work correctly.

I personally dont feel this is right. Ive sent the seller multiple PM's and hes been online multiple times and is not responding to me.

Any suggestions?

I wonder if it's the same seller as I recently dealt with... i was going to post about this but wasn't sure how to go about it...

I bought a steam key for COD: Black Ops and nowhere does it state it's a Russian key, it just says Steam key in the FS thread.

Only after I sent him the money did I find out it was a RU key and he sent along instructions for VPN to register the game, but no other instructions. Then after using the vpn my internet connection was screwed up even after I turned it off, I was getting about half the speed I should get on my fios connection. I restarted the computer to clear it out and still had slow connection. I eventually went and uninstalled my network devices and had to reinstall them and then I finally got back to normal speeds.

I had to google the info, eventually found it and had to download about 30 files to make it english and then it's still not all in english. There's tons of info about it on all kinds of shady sites, but who wants to visit shady sites for a fix that should not have been needed in the first place

if I wanted to buy an RU key I would have, plain and simple, pissed me off totally that I had to go through all of that extra work that could have been avoided had the guy just stated it in his thread. I would NOT have bought the key had I known it was russian

For all the hassle and work I had to put in to get it to work it wasn't worth the cost at all. If the guy would have posted in his thread these were RU keys i would not have bought it and I would have just grabbed it from steam.

Total BS if you ask me to do that crap to people.

So I purchased a BF3 key here. Key was sent to me so no issues there but the problem comes with the listing and what I received.

In the listing, it does NOT state that the key is Russian. I was charged $26 dollars for a RUSSIAN key. Had I known it was Russian, I wouldve purchased from CJs keys. I paid more as I did not want to deal with the hassle of a Russian key. He never informed me UNTIL he sent the key it was Russian with some bs instructions on how to get it to work. Took about 2 hours BEYOND downloading the game to get it to work correctly.

I personally dont feel this is right. Ive sent the seller multiple PM's and hes been online multiple times and is not responding to me.

Any suggestions?

Well you got what you paid for so I would not expect a refund of anything. Buyer should always make sure they know what they are getting so ask lots of questions to prevent stuff like this. That being said most people would assume it is a English/USA key because this isin't a russian forum so pretty shady on the sellers part. Seller probably deserves a neutral rating to let others know to ask.

Well you got what you paid for so I would not expect a refund of anything. Buyer should always make sure they know what they are getting so ask lots of questions to prevent stuff like this. That being said most people would assume it is a English/USA key because this isin't a russian forum so pretty shady on the sellers part. Seller probably deserves a neutral rating to let others know to ask.

I don't agree with that at all... we did not get what we paid for.. we did not pay for a Russian key and all the hassles that go with it, we paid for a Steam key that should have worked as it should and not have had to jump through hoops to get it to work correctly. As I said even after all the work the damn game still isn't all in English.

That would be like you buying a power supply from the forums and after receiving it you find it's only good to use in the UK and the seller telling you that you can just do this or that to get it to work. You'd be pissed off surely as technically 'you got what you paid for'... and I know you would not have thought to have asked if it was a PSU that worked in the US as you would have just assumed it was because it wasn't stated in the thread and the fact that this is basically a US forum.

I've purchased many, many steam keys from the forums and NEVER have any been Russian until now. None of them said they were English keys either as that's pretty much a given.

I've never had a reason to think I might be buying a Russian key on these forums, so there's never been a reason to ask if it was a Russian key.

Plain and simple I should not have to ask if it's a Russian key or not. This is not a Russian forum. Seller should have stated in the thread that these were Russian keys and that it would take quite a bit of work to get the game to work in English.

I think everyone here who buys a steam key would assume it's an English key and not ever think about asking if it's a Russian key.

BS. A refund/chargeback would be fully justified here. It is on the seller to disclose something like this.

Who is the seller?

I agree, I would ask for a refund.if he/she don't refund you, As a last choice do a chargeback and leave bad heat. Because from reading all this, The seller did not state it was a russian key.

I would like to know who is the seller is?

out seller and post negative heat. pretty shady stuff, he prolly knew if he listed it as russian no1 would bite.

The key was used as it was sent with the instructions and I was not notified before so I did not push the refund issue as that would be a touchy situation being he sent the key. I know if I was in his position I wouldnt want to refund due to the fact that someone could still use the key.

Its just frustrating as well that he wont respond to my PMs about it. Atleast refund me the difference on it or offer me something. Making $7 on me not disclosing by not disclosing that you have a key from another country isnt really right.

Leave negative heat and tell us who the seller is so we know not to buy from him IMHO.

Like you said if we wanted Russian keys there are plenty of places to buy them for less. I'm sure the seller knows this which is why he doesn't list it in the details. He counts on people like you who would rather jump through a few hoops to avoid the aggravation of trying to get a refund.

I Agree with Kardonxt

Just leave Bad Heat, And Let us know who the seller is so we can not buy from him, And i would send a message to a admin about this, He might get a stirke for this on his record for this.

Well I can't do a chargeback or dispute.

The choices he gave were Amazon payments, which I don't use or he said Paypal gift would be fine.

(yeah I know, never use PP gift...)

I figured it would be fine as it's not a physical item and I've never had an issue with Steam keys before.I've probably purchased 50+ steam keys for me and my kids from the forums with not one issue. I would never use PP gift for a physical item that may not work, but for a game key I saw no harm to it.

Obviously i'm screwed here on that account. I guess also technically he shouldn't have even asked for PP Gift at all..

Just leave bad heat, And let everyone on here know who the seller was, So we know to stay away from him/her.

Because that was shady what they did, and my personal thought is it was shady. Plain and simple

http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1693795

That was the thread. Seemed like a legit seller. Noone else stated anything about Russian keys. In my PM to him I asked him to update his thread to specify that its a Russian key so someone like me isnt fooled by it but he hasnt updated it although he has bumped it multiple times since the PM.

yep.. that's the guy

I looked at the replies he received and they all say he's a great seller and no one mentions they are Russian keys event he ones that bought keys from him..

A guy stated they was russian keys at this forum.
http://www.overclock.net/t/1254841/battlefield-3-mw3-witcher-2-black-ops-copies-for-sale

So they are all indeed russian keys. Perhaps for the price some aren't going to complain is my guess. Thanks

But you can get Russian keys for $7 less at multiple sites. Thats the problem. I was willing to pay more for an English key. And its not unrealistic to find cheap ENGLISH keys. I picked up a BF3 key 2 months after release for $37 so $26 this far out is a legitimate number.

Sucks Im not on OC.net and couldve noticed ;/

But you can get Russian keys for $7 less at multiple sites. Thats the problem. I was willing to pay more for an English key. And its not unrealistic to find cheap ENGLISH keys. I picked up a BF3 key 2 months after release for $37 so $26 this far out is a legitimate number.

Sucks Im not on OC.net and couldve noticed ;/

I'm not saying it was right by no means. That was my thoughts for them not complaining. So perhaps they didn't know any better. He was wrong for not saying they are russian keys. It should have been stated int he thread that they was. I hope you can get it resolved though. Thanks

My thought exactly.. $20 for a COD:BO key is not unheard of considering it's only $33 for download on Amazon..

I buy my keys from the forums because they are lower priced than retail costs

My Personal Thought's, Are to tell a Admin to make him put something saying they are russian key's so buyer's thinking of buying them will know, So this does not happen again,

That's just my 2 cent's, good luck and i hope you get everything figured out

Well I can't do a chargeback or dispute.

The choices he gave were Amazon payments, which I don't use or he said Paypal gift would be fine.

(yeah I know, never use PP gift...)

I figured it would be fine as it's not a physical item and I've never had an issue with Steam keys before.I've probably purchased 50+ steam keys for me and my kids from the forums with not one issue. I would never use PP gift for a physical item that may not work, but for a game key I saw no harm to it.

Obviously i'm screwed here on that account. I guess also technically he shouldn't have even asked for PP Gift at all..

I considered purchasing a key until he asked for PP gift.

I don't agree with that at all... we did not get what we paid for.. we did not pay for a Russian key and all the hassles that go with it, we paid for a Steam key that should have worked as it should and not have had to jump through hoops to get it to work correctly. As I said even after all the work the damn game still isn't all in English.

That would be like you buying a power supply from the forums and after receiving it you find it's only good to use in the UK and the seller telling you that you can just do this or that to get it to work. You'd be pissed off surely as technically 'you got what you paid for'... and I know you would not have thought to have asked if it was a PSU that worked in the US as you would have just assumed it was because it wasn't stated in the thread and the fact that this is basically a US forum.

I've purchased many, many steam keys from the forums and NEVER have any been Russian until now. None of them said they were English keys either as that's pretty much a given.

I've never had a reason to think I might be buying a Russian key on these forums, so there's never been a reason to ask if it was a Russian key.

Plain and simple I should not have to ask if it's a Russian key or not. This is not a Russian forum. Seller should have stated in the thread that these were Russian keys and that it would take quite a bit of work to get the game to work in English.

I think everyone here who buys a steam key would assume it's an English key and not ever think about asking if it's a Russian key.

Op said he got the game working correctly unlike you so my post was addressed more to him (BF3 isin't even on steam, wtf?). Is it shady? sure. But it looks like he got what he wanted in the end. If he got it working alright and he already redeemed the code then I would think it's unfair to ask for a refund at this point, instead the op should've asked for a refund before redeeming the code. I was in a similar issue with a psu not that long ago, it used one of those strange plugs for high wattage psu's and did not include one, the cheapest I could find was like $20. I would have assumed it would come with one but it didn't and it was really my fault for not making sure.

I never once asked for a refund and NEVER suggested I should receive one. But I was more curious on the route of course as far as feedback as well as his listing. I was more irritated that he ignored my PM to him about the matter and ignored the fact that I asked him to change his listing as I didnt feel it was right....

I bought from the same guy, he didnt specify anywhere that they were russian keys. I left him neutral feedback.

I never mentioned a refund either... it's more of letting people know about the guy and his 'shady' selling practices..

IMO its borderline between negative and neutral heat. Seller was not forthcoming about the keys being russian plus asking for pp gift was also a no no. The buyer did get and keep the key, I would have demanded a refund.

Either way you go just be sure to spell it out in heatware so others are made aware.

Yeah... I wont leave negative but I will be going with neutral most likely. The only way itll possibly be negative if he avoids my PM's all together. He hasnt responded to 1 of them yet but Im going to give him time.

He should at least send you a moderated refund back, say 10 bucks which would make both buyer happy and [maybe] the seller. my 2 cents...

I bought from the same guy, he didnt specify anywhere that they were russian keys. I left him neutral feedback.

It seems he left retaliatory feedback for you. I'd email heatware about it to have it removed. At least respond to the feedback and explain it's retaliatory.

Anyway, this is a neutral/negative for the seller.

Let's all be honest here. Seller sold these keys withholding information on purpose. I don't go around selling an AMD 6950 video card as a 6970 and giving the buyer instructions on how to overclock their newly purchased 6950 to 6970 speeds. That would be dishonest and so is this.

It seems he left retaliatory feedback for you. I'd email heatware about it to have it removed. At least respond to the feedback and explain it's retaliatory.

Anyway, this is a neutral/negative for the seller.

Let's all be honest here. Seller sold these keys withholding information on purpose. I don't go around selling an AMD 6950 video card as a 6970 and giving the buyer instructions on how to overclock their newly purchased 6950 to 6970 speeds. That would be dishonest and so is this.

Yeah was just about to post he retaliated. He later added into his thread at the very bottom

Russian Copy.

This guy is a joke and I hope his career here is over.

If you notice at the bottom of the page, Where it say's last edited it will show, Yesterday at 05:07 PM.

So that means ht was watching this and edited his page, After you posted this on the forum. That's my impression. Unless i am Wrong or Incorrect.

If you notice at the bottom of the page, Where it say's last edited it will show, Yesterday at 05:07 PM.

So that means ht was watching this and edited his page, After you posted this on the forum. That's my impression. Unless i am Wrong or Incorrect.

No you are correct. It was all in vain though as his thread was locked. Seems like the Admins know whats up with this guy and I've already reported him to heatware for giving retaliatory feedback. As on my end I paid him the money, therefore that should be a positive feedback. Yet he mislead quite a few people here. I was going to give him negative feedback but I don't think he'll be posting here anymore anyways.

Edit: Also I linked this thread in his heatware about his deception.

Last edited:
Edit: Also I linked this thread in his heatware about his deception.

This is why when I sell a item. If it has a tiny scratch then I list the scratch with a picture. No, the scratch will not hurt anything but I noticed it and would like to make the buyer aware also. Being honest never cost anybody a thing. I even check a few days after to make sure they are happy with the item and everything arrived in working condition. It only takes a few minutes to send a email/pm to check up on a buyer. This helps out everyone in the long run.

I don't see how he can leave you anything but a Positive on your heatware. The only thing you had to do was pay on your end. You got the key because you paid. Your verbal agreement was meet. However he didn't list or state that his product was Russian Keys.

He should have offered you money back on the purchase. Or refunded you the full amount and allowed you to keep the key. And letting the cost he bought russian keys for lesson on selling items and listing the correct information for a item(s). Thanks

Ruckus edited it to say Russian keys, not him... Last edited by Ruckus when he closed the thread.

Well y'know it pisses me off even more now with this Amazon sale going on. They have COD:BO for $19.99 which is exactly what I paid for the Russian key.. had I just waited I could have got a 'real' key.. grrrrr

Ruckus edited it to say Russian keys, not him... Last edited by Ruckus when he closed the thread.

shady seller added the russian part at the end and made believe on heat he had it there all the time. I would stay alway at al cost.

Instead of owning up to his action he is covering it up. That tells you alll you need to know about him.

the last edit by ruckus is just him locking the thread.

shady seller added the russian part at the end and made believe on heat he had it there all the time. I would stay alway at al cost.

Instead of owning up to his action he is covering it up. That tells you alll you need to know about him.

the last edit by ruckus is just him locking the thread.

just for the record, simply closing a thread will not show the "edit' tags.....

I'm not going to tell you what was actually edited by a moderator, but assuming it was the OP trying to cover his tracks is not really fair without access to all the edit information...which you guys dont have

Cliffs: dont jump to conclusions

I was the one who closed the thread and listed the russian key, and I been in contact with the seller. He did make a comment of if you can show him a place that sells them for cheaper he will refund you the difference, and he will no longer be selling keys here.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back