Is VIA K8M800 chipset a good reliable chipset?

rsnellma

Gawd
I am hoping someone can help me out here. I am looking at purchasing an AMD Socket 754 MicroATX motherboard so I can move my current parts to a SFF case, like this one or this one .

I usually go with a Nvidia chipset like Nforce 3 250Gb, but since I cannot find one to purchase that fits MicroATX, that is out of the question.

So, is the VIA K8M800 chipset a reliable long lasting motherboard chipset? I don't care to overclock or anything fancy like that, just want something that runs reliable. It will be used as my LAN Party PC. So, I will have a Geforce 6600GT & Sound Blaster Audigy 1 installed with it.

Thanks in advance.

Bob2001

I don't think you'd have any problems with reliability at stock speeds. I've run VIA based boards with the KM chipsets (older Socket A boards), and they still run today. You shouldn't have any problems.

Thanks. I am relieved to hear that chipset is rock solid at stock speeds. As for BUFF's comments. I can find a Socket 754 chipset 6100, but it is PCIe and not AGP. I need a MicroATX motherboard with Socket 754 & AGP. That is why I am picking the VIA chipset, because I believe Nvidia Nforce 3 250Gb chipset was never made on a MicroATX board. I have a couple on Full ATX board. Thanks again to all.

Bob2001

Back