• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Is this PSU still good enough?

NidStyles

n00b
Joined
Dec 20, 2009
Messages
11
Hi all, building a new Mini-ITX system here and have this older Corsair TX750 v1 still sitting here. the PSU works just fine, and has no issues. What I am asking is if it's still good enough to power the following:

i5 3570K
Asus P8Z77-I
EVGA GTX 660Ti 3GB

Primary I want to know about the graphics card, as someone has told me that the ratings for amperage on the 12v rail have changed since when I first picked this PSU up. Something about needing 36A now, and this PSU says it outputs 60A's, but I honestly have no idea if there are any issues with the rating being accurate.

Just want confirmation before I pull the trigger on this build.
 
i have pretty much the same PSU as you. TX650 v1

Its been rock solid for me for the past 5-6 years even running cpu/gpu OCed @100% for weeks non stop, right now im running whats in my sig.
 
It's more than enough. You can easily power a 690, with that psu (just as an example).
 
ALright, thanks guys. Was just hearing this stuff about higher Amp requirements of the 600 series and I have been out of the loop for a while so though it would be to ask first :D
 
Back
Top