• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Is this O/C for real?

Joined
Oct 14, 2005
Messages
56
Just bought a refurb x850 pro for $192.

Got it, found out it was a VIVO version. Saw online that you could flash these to x850xt pe.

I reformatted, installed ATI tool, and found the max core/mem. 625/620! Stock cooler+arctic silver. I'd say I got my money's worth... Now I need to flash it, but thats for tommorow...

FYI - Stock speeds for the PRO is 500/500, Xt: 520/540, XT PE: 540/590

I'll soon be running 16 pipelines.
 
when you unlock pipes you also increase power usage and in turn heat dissipation, so i'd be careful cooling any oc'd card with the stock cooler... to be safe run 3dmark in a loop for a bit and see how high your temps get
 
I'd have to say that that OC isn't real! Most X850Pro including mine only get to about 540 then lock up. That has to do with heat usually. But hey if it runs at those speeds and doesn't lock up, good for you, you are one of the lucky ones but still seems funny!
 
Yea, it's likely that you won't get quite the same o/c once your pipes are enabled, if they do in fact enable.
 
I don't think you can enable X850 Pro...at least I've never seen it done successfully.
 
Actually, I'm going to go download 3dmark05, run it at stock speeds, then at 625/620, flash it then try the max core/mem again, THEN try 3dmark again. I'll let you guys know the differences.
 
Back
Top