Is this fine older eletrical plugs in new house?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello again. Last thing. Someone said this to me:"
What will be a problem is the windows.

1. If the windows are behind you when sitting at the computer... you will have bad reflections on the screen.
2. Also, direct sunlight on the computer case isn't a good idea either."

So what now? Buy other apartment because of that windows and pc?

Its screen again:
pl.jpg

1. If the windows are behind you when sitting at the computer... you will have bad reflections on the screen.

Its screen again:
View attachment 644375
no, stop listening to whatever random forum youre competing us against. also, you said laptop....

Its screen again:

So, you can move the couch. And with a laptop you can turn around. Also i saw it pop up as Im typing, but yea, curtains, blinds. Also sunlight might not be as much issue if that is a north or south facing window. I would be more concerned with a kitchen only big enough to toast bread in than laptop reflections.

Oki i swear last question. If i choose that apartment ( i think i will be feel better there ) but with oldest fuses , i can plug there pc ? Last time screen:
nm.jpg

Oki thanks for helping and replies. I will sleep with that and decide. I am so undecided . :)

Last question. According to that apartment with old fuses , someone said this to me:" I certainly would not connect anything to those old fuses. If the fuses are that old, then so is all the wiring in that apartment. IMO That's a fire looking for a place to happen."

So dont buy that apartment?

Last question. According to that apartment with old fuses , someone said this to me:" I certainly would not connect anything to those old fuses. If the fuses are that old, then so is all the wiring in that apartment. IMO That's a fire looking for a place to happen."

Not sure where you live. But do you have people in that area that serve as inspectors to evaluate if when buying a house or apartment that if it is safe and a good idea, as well as what might be required to get it updated to current requirements? This is who I would utilize to make such a decision if the apartment fits all your personal needs.

Not sure where you live. But do you have people in that area that serve as inspectors to evaluate if when buying a house or apartment that if it is safe and a good idea, as well as what might be required to get it updated to current requirements? This is who I would utilize to make such a decision if the apartment fits all your personal needs.
Seller of apartment said that electronics was updated 15 years ago. So in 2010 year. But still fuses are old btw.

Seller of apartment said that electronics was updated 15 years ago. So in 2010 year. But still fuses are old btw.
How old is old? Just because there are fuses instead of circuit breakers doesn't mean that the wiring is necessarily dangerous. I think maybe you need to get an electrician or qualified electrical inspector into the building. All we can do here in the forum is guess. A couple generalities: knob-and-tube wiring is bad. Aluminum wiring isn't necessarily bad but you have to know that you have it, so that you can properly handle it. (AL wiring needs AL compatible switches and outlets, or pigtailing with copper for the last few inches.)

Somepne said this to me."That fuse panel looks like something from the 1800's! "

So it can be 1800 year?

Somepne said this to me."That fuse panel looks like something from the 1800's! "

So it can be 1800 year?
No one said that.
Honestly, if you are this unsure of your purchase that should let you know it isn't a good idea. I don't think either are a good buy because neither seems to fit your needs.

it looks like this.............
Getty-Images-1345734173.jpg

So its 1800 year not 1940? I ask seller and building is from 1940 year

Someone said this to me:"

I say,do not try to use older fuse boxeswith computers, electric stoves, or refrigerators! You will have nothing but trouble with blowing fuses right and left

Ask them to let you try your PC on it for like 2 hours of high performance gaming on a hot day. It doesn't hurt to try and ask for this, and then you will see what happens."

What he mean? Ask to who? And what can happen?

Last edited:
Someone said this to me:"

I say,do not try to use older fuse boxeswith computers, electric stoves, or refrigerators! You will have nothing but trouble with blowing fuses right and left

Ask them to let you try your PC on it for like 2 hours of high performance gaming on a hot day. It doesn't hurt to try and ask for this, and then you will see what happens."

What he mean? Ask to who? And what can happen?
They are 100% right. You should not get either of these apartments, it won’t be good for you. Find something better that fits your needs

You don't have anything to worry about, it's all 220/240v and you'll be drawing less amps. I lived in a place built in 1898 and the only time I had an issue was firing up a 2000w step down transformer would flip the breaker the first time I turned it on since it would pull all 2000w instantly, but after that it was fine.

Hire an inspector that specializes in electrical. Or hell just hire an electrician to give it a look and ask him if its safe. They know the codes, and the consequences.

Fuses are still perfectly acceptable for new installs in my area. Just no one does because Breakers are WAAAYYYY Better. Not safer so much, but a little bit safer in the sense you cant easily replace a 15A breaker with a 30A breaker because your 15A breaker blows when you overload it. Theres also some requirements for Ground Fault and Arc Fault electronics, that is easier done in a breaker, but you can still use fuses as long as you put in appropriately protected outlets.

thats a stock photo. get a friggin inspector.
Yes, do this. Do it now.

One of two things will happen when you overload a circuit:
1. If the fuse/circuit breaker is appropriately sized, you blow a fuse/trip the breaker and everything shuts down on that circuit.
2. If the fuse/circuit breaker is inappropriately sized, you start an electrical fire.

How do you know 2 won't happen? Hire the repeatedly mentioned inspector and have them make sure the fuse/circuit breaker is appropriate for the circuit. As for whether or not that circuit is sufficient for your system, it's a simple matter of Ohm's Law: V x A = W.

If you can afford an RTX 4090, you can afford to hire an inspector to check things out for you. If you can't, you have your priorities in the wrong order.

Soooooo...how many more weeks/months/years/decades is this thread gonna go on for ?

It should be painfully obvious by now that the OP is gonna do what he/she is gonna do, regardless of what we say or don't say....

But just for posterity's sake, I will repeat what so many others have already stated: Hire a friggin inspector/licensed electrician already, to give you the proper, safe way to fix this whole situation and stop dilly-dallying around with it, or otherwise just stop posting about it and wasting everyone's time & the internet's bandwidth on something that has an easy fix but not with a bunch of unsafe, untested, crackhead workarounds...

Electricity can be your best friend, OR your worst enemy, it's your choice and yours alone

Sorry if this sounds harsh, but really, someone should really lock this thread once & for all....
:)

Oki last question.
This is screen with room with another apartment but with new electrics and new fuses( with gas heating too ). I added arrows there are wall sockets.
nnn.jpg

What should i choose. That apartment with older fuses or that one with newest fuses and electronics but with kitchen in room? Prize are the same in both.

This one is bigger like you see but have older fuses,screen:
nm.jpg

And sorry for my bad language again. This is last question. I apologize for my questions but i have a problem which one to choose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back