• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

is this a good deal!?

robert125381

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jul 22, 2012
Messages
143
I found a PC locally with the following specs for $1000
I really shouldn't be spending the money on this right now but I know its a good deal thoughts?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx. . . I7 5820k 6 Core Cpu $389.00
Corsair H80i
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx. . . $89.99
Crucial 8GB DDR4 2133
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx. . . 92.99
2x EVGA FTW edition GTX 970's in SLI
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx. . .
$369.99 X 2
EVGA Supernova 850 B2 Power supply
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx. . .
$176.89
GigaByte X99-UD3
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx. . . $249.99
sandisk 128gb Solid State drive
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx. . .
$129.96
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx. . . $105.99
Steel Series Siberia V2 Headset
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx. . . $72.99
Acer 24 inch 144hz LED 3D monitor
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx. . . $389.95
enermex ostrog case
Windows 8
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx. . . $99.99
 
Yes that's a fantastic buy.

Sadly for you, you provided enough information for me to find that rig on craigslist.

I've spoke with the owner and he is shipping it out tomorrow for me. Thank you.


















kidding .......... :)
 
The 5820 6 core is a very powerful cpu if you can get it to 4.5ghz and pair it with 2666 - 3000k ddr4. I'm supper excited about the new Intel cpu's that are coming out. They are supposed to be game changers
 
I already have a 4770k and an r9 290 with a swiftech h220 and empower z87 mobo fractial arc midi 120 GB sad and 1tb HDD what do you think I could get for it I am just wondering how much of the cost I can offset by selling my rig
 
You'll get more if you part it out. Probably around 700-800 parting out. But that takes extra time to do, and you may not be able to find a local buyer, which means shipping costs.

Keep in mind 120gb SSDs and 1tb HDDs are not worth that much nowadays, especially used, with the brand new costs being what they are. Your Z87 is a dead end board, it can't be upgraded to Broadwell (if it ever shows up). The R9's value is sure to drop as soon as the 300 series hits.
 
Back
Top